+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodlawn's Donovan Wison Decommitts

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Woodlawn's Donovan Wison Decommitts

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I have had a running discussion with folks who believe "stars" mean nothing. Donovan is a 3 star recruit with offers from "minor" colleges. When you look at who is committing and see nothing but 2 stars beside everyone, its easy to want to be part of higher rated recruiting class. Success breeds success. If the feedback he is getting from friends is half as negative as BBB, no wonder he decommitted. I personally hope recruits never come to BBB, if they did, why woukd they come to Tech--- so much derision of the coach and program on its football website. Merry Christmas
    Then I personally hope recruits never type in Skip Holtz on google or twitter either...

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWarner63 View Post
    If this kid has some seriously misplaced priorities if he's focusing on going pro before he's ever even stepped foot on a college campus. All of these super freshmen in college these days makes every kid think the can come in and be making millions in 3 years. It's just not something he should seriously be thinking about. And by the way, if you're good enough to play, the NFL will find you WHEREVER you are. There are no unturned rocks in NFL recruiting. Donovan, if you do read this board, take it from a former player, go somewhere where you love the otherPLAYERS. Falling in love with coaches, staff, etc will get you in trouble. There are no guarantees in this day and age except that you will be at that university for the next 4-5 years, you need to be happy wherever you go.
    Sage advice right there, from someone who knows exactly what he's talking about!

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SWarner63 View Post
    If this kid has some seriously misplaced priorities if he's focusing on going pro before he's ever even stepped foot on a college campus. All of these super freshmen in college these days makes every kid think the can come in and be making millions in 3 years. It's just not something he should seriously be thinking about. And by the way, if you're good enough to play, the NFL will find you WHEREVER you are. There are no unturned rocks in NFL recruiting. Donovan, if you do read this board, take it from a former player, go somewhere where you love the otherPLAYERS. Falling in love with coaches, staff, etc will get you in trouble. There are no guarantees in this day and age except that you will be at that university for the next 4-5 years, you need to be happy wherever you go.
    Well said SWarner....green for you.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    You are correct, but these 18 year old "kids" are held accountable when they sign up to play football. Age is no longer an excuse.
    I agree age is no excuse. Look at how many coaches don't honor their commitments.

Kids are out to make the best deal they can and I don't blame them.

Champ glm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond reputeglm47 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    I have had a running discussion with folks who believe "stars" mean nothing. Donovan is a 3 star recruit with offers from "minor" colleges. When you look at who is committing and see nothing but 2 stars beside everyone, its easy to want to be part of higher rated recruiting class. Success breeds success. If the feedback he is getting from friends is half as negative as BBB, no wonder he decommitted. I personally hope recruits never come to BBB, if they did, why woukd they come to Tech--- so much derision of the coach and program on its football website. Merry Christmas
    That is so naive it is laughable. BB&B is so tame compared to forums of big-time schools.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by glm47 View Post
    I agree age is no excuse. Look at how many coaches don't honor their commitments.

Kids are out to make the best deal they can and I don't blame them.
    If that were the reason, but I still believe it is more about kids just being allowed to act a fool or being taken advantage of by coaches. Dixon is the ultimate example a great character individual. WM's Lathan and his Dad are a 180 from that and closer to the norm.

Champ rabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond reputerabiddawg has a reputation beyond repute

Just ask him about bradshaw's freshmen year. It keeps him focused on something he knows.
    That is so naive it is laughable. BB&B is so tame compared to forums of big-time schools.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Did anybody else catch what Lou Holtz said last night about what advice he would give a recruit on choosing a school? He said the most important thing is liking the school and liking your teammates. Don't base it on who your coach is going to be, because that can change.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

really? How many recruits have you spoke with? Naive is comparing us too " big schools". I occassionally look at sites Cal , Ull, LSU and when Tenn when Dooley their. Just takes a couple of folks reading half the garbage on this site to make a kid wonder. We are talking about choices of ULL, Tulane , ark state ( lost few under Dykes to them, s miss. Not big-time schools. Almost 50 years of following my Bulldogs-- impossible to not understand the impact of negativity , or worse, indifference

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    Did anybody else catch what Lou Holtz said last night about what advice he would give a recruit on choosing a school? He said the most important thing is liking the school and liking your teammates. Don't base it on who your coach is going to be, because that can change.
    I missed that, but it's the same thing Warner said on here.

Did y'all catch what Tulane's coach said? "You build a program with defense. You get another job with offense." I think that nailed the difference between Dooley and Dykes.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I missed that, but it's the same thing Warner said on here.

Did y'all catch what Tulane's coach said? "You build a program with defense. You get another job with offense." I think that nailed the difference between Dooley and Dykes.
    That may be true......but I would add that offense sells tickets. Dykes' teams were a lot more fun to watch than Dooley's teams. Livas' (a Bicknell recruit) outstanding kick and punt returns covered up for a lot of Dooley's offensive shortcomings. People forget that Dooley's teams couldn't score at all. Terrible, terrible offense.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    That may be true......but I would add that offense sells tickets. Dykes' teams were a lot more fun to watch than Dooley's teams. Livas' (a Bicknell recruit) outstanding kick and punt returns covered up for a lot of Dooley's offensive shortcomings. People forget that Dooley's teams couldn't score at all. Terrible, terrible offense.
    LSU and Alabama have no problem selling tickets with defense. Dykes really only had 1 good offensive team (2012). The WAC championship team in 2011 was much more fun to watch to me. And finally, Dooley recruited Livas.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

LSU and Alabama have no problem selling tickets with defense. Dykes really only had 1 good offensive team (2012). The WAC championship team in 2011 was much more fun to watch to me. And finally, Dooley recruited Livas.
    As my old coach would have said.......you ain't LSU or Alabama. :icon_wink:

True. But we had the best offense in the history of college football and couldn't sell tickets.

True. But we had the best offense in the history of college football and couldn't sell tickets.
    Are you nuts? (Hell, I already know the answer the THAT question ) We sold more game tickets and had bigger crowds in the Dykes era than in any other.

Look, you can act like you are in denial all you want. But Skip Holtz's "defensive" style of football is boring. Very boring. So was Dooley's.......save for the fact that he had Livas to bail him out on punt and kick returns.

+ Reply to Thread