+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Woodlawn's Donovan Wison Decommitts

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: Woodlawn's Donovan Wison Decommitts

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    The mass of criticism on this thread clearly hurts recruiting. Probably was a chance the young man would have re-committed later. Reading the insults on here could be the finishing touch.
    You don't wish the guy failure? If this thread discourages a single player for choosing Tech, then these comments will reduce the chances of success next year. Be angry at Dykes for leaving instead of making sure Tech got a bowl game wherever last year and making every effort to recruit a great class to support the 2013 season. Heck, how about blaming the Duck Commander for making it appear that Tech graduates and former players might share his arrogant, ill-informed attitude? Go back and review video from the game where Bradshaw talked with him. Terry was happy and friendly in contrast to that stern, hater face. Growing up in the south before desegregation, the older members of this board remember when such attitudes were common. Those who served in the military got over those in a hurry. Those who actually studied at Tech and saw the reality of race and the futility of hate and envy (what Jesus said, maybe) lost such attitudes decades ago. And everyone on this board in recent years KNOWS Tech has benefited by Grambling's loss of a lock on players 'of color' from Louisiana and neighboring states. Same is true for other formerly 'all-white' colleges and universities.' At 73, I hope for some great years for Tech athletics while I can still find the channel to watch on TV or Internet or maybe combine a trip to visit Louisiana relatives and watch a Tech game in person. I look forward to Tech's upcoming football match with Tulsa, less than 3 hours from Fayettenam. Don't care what color skin the athletes have or who they choose to sleep with (as long as it isn't a Florida State-type rape). Just enjoy watching great athletes in action and rooting for my alma mater! So let's try to HELP recruit athletes to Tech and drop the hang-dog attitude that makes some readers believe all tech fans are fair-weather-only supporters.
    I hate to break it to you, but Tech won't be playing a football game at Tulsa anytime soon.

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

TYLERTECHAS, thank you for that post. After I watched it all the way through...I couldn't speak for a while. Phil really cuts to the chase!! The video was awesome!!!!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RunwayDawg55 View Post
    So we should just settle for mediocrity at best? If a coach is doing a bad job, he needs to be called on it instead of everybody just looking the other way. I don't wish the guy failure, but facts is facts and I'm not going to just act like everything at my alma mater is groovy and it'll will get better someday.
    I don't want to settle for mediocrity. H., I am not even defending Holtz. I am saying that we have him next year and hoping for success. We need to improve DRASTICALLY. One could easily make a case that some great talent could revive us again after a bad year. Why not sell the other aspects of our great university and hope for the future? We have plenty of outstanding reasons to choose us over other universities, but we are dwelling on one person that did not perform up to expectations. He is NOT the program.

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    He is NOT the program.

100% correct! But he, more than any other individual, is responsible for the direction of the program. The old saying, "The Buck Stops Here." is appropriate for the situation. Every HC knows that and accepts that responsibility when they take the position. As such, anything bad (and anything good), is laid at this feet. Had he gone 10-3 this year, the board would be singing his praises. Scrutiny comes with the job.

Besides, I am fairly certain, this is pretty tame to what a losing coach in a similar situation would endure at say Texas, LSU, Bama, Ohio State, etc.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I know many people that picked Tech over LSU, including myself.
    Don, I have sworn off responding to this guy. Not sure he understands the decision process.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    I've only seen 1 player in the past 25 years pick Tech over LSU. Jason Armstrong in about 1990 or so.
    you have not been watching, as usual. Lsu signs about 5-8 players from La every year. rest are from out of state. Their is a list of top 100 players for each state on rivals -- this yr is 9 -- their average recruit is 4 star. (3.9). Too say 1 in 25 yrs is pretty absurd. Assume you see you have no chance to play for 3-4 yrs -- and you do not like splinters in your butt-- players are not as dumb as you seem to think. My problem is that ULL and Tulane are suddenly back in picture for recruits we should be getting

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Besides, I am fairly certain, this is pretty tame to what a losing coach in a similar situation would endure at say Texas, LSU, Bama, Ohio State, etc.
    Yep, and with some of the teams mentioned you're talking about the more difficult decision of firing coaches that won national championships.

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    (but not TCU, LSU, or Utah)
    Uah only one to actually offer of those 3. rest are every state school and s miss, Memphis. Utah has 10 3 star recruits and 1 4 star. Besides too damn cold in UTAH

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdawg View Post
    You apparently know nothing about college football if you would do this. A fools gamble at the very best.
    I think this guy is a poser. Really, he posts about going to LSU camp, heck, everyone in S La did--so what. Choice comes to playing or riding bench. LSU will always get 4 star guys from south -- gray shirts are for wanna-be players. Says a lot about what he will settle for in life

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    This may be your stupidest post ever and that's saying a lot, because you've posted many stupid ones. How about trying this, every time you think about posting something stupid, make a donation to LTAC instead. Oh, I know, you've never made one donation to LTAC, so you wouldn't know how.
    Amen

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    you have not been watching, as usual. Lsu signs about 5-8 players from La every year. rest are from out of state.
    Your numbers are way off; LSU signs about 10-16 players from Louisiana every year. This year won't be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Listen to this to the very end Aub and your mind will be changed per Phil (Duck Commander).

Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS
    A must listen too by all of us on this thread and BB&B for that matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eyL1xha_1aU
    in 1966 we beat Southeastern-- 1 win . in 65 we won 4 games. Love the attention Phil has brought to program but he was Never committed to football and Maxie/ Mickey were ready for new qb, Thank goodness we had Mickey to deveop Terry. Mickey held the old Afl record for pass completions. Phil never looked back, take it with a grain of salt that he bailed because just because he wanted to hunt... little more to it than that .

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

In 1965 Billy Laird was starting QB.
    We won 3 games in 1967 with Phil/Terry playing, but the writing was on the wall for Phil. Phil did have one oustanding game in 1967 against Lamar.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    In 1965 Billy Laird was starting QB.
    We won 3 games in 1967 with Phil/Terry playing, but the writing was on the wall for Phil. Phil did have one oustanding game in 1967 against Lamar.
    Isn't that the game Brunet ran for 224 yards?

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't particularly remember Brunet in that game, but it probably was. It may have been the Arkansas State game. I just remember Phil throwing well to Ken Liberto against Lamar.

+ Reply to Thread