+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013-14 MBB Ratings Watch

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Re: 2013-14 MBB Ratings Watch

I not sure when the formula was tweaked, but I know that it has been. A difficulty for the MVC was that they began to have greater trouble scheduling the power conferences.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Here is where everybody stands going into 2014...

KenPom Ratings (through games of 12/31)
    3 Oklahoma State
    36 LSU
    44 Saint Mary's
    54 Louisiana Tech
    64 Oklahoma
    66 Southern Miss
    96 LA-Lafayette
    97 St. Bonaventure
    99 UAB
    100 UTEP
    113 Charlotte
    144 Middle Tennessee
    168 Northwestern State
    169 Western Kentucky
    174 Tulsa
    183 East Carolina
    200 North Texas
    212 Old Dominion
    213 Marshall
    225 FIU
    229 LA-Monroe
    236 Jackson State
    243 Florida Atlantic
    247 Southern
    270 Rice
    271 Southeastern La.
    273 UIC
    294 UNC Greensboro
    304 Tulane
    309 New Orleans
    317 Nicholls State
    323 McNeese State
    325 Longwood
    332 Central Arkansas
    345 UTSA
    351 Grambling State

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    You schedule who you are able to schedule...

When every SEC team you call tells you thanks but NO thanks - there is not much you can do

We had 3 real good OOC away games - Okie St, OU and St Mary's

A decent tourney in a very FERTILE recruiting ground that had San Diego and St Bonaventure in the field

That's 1/3 of the OOC schedule -

We have NO buy games at home and no one fromt the American, A-10, MAC or MWC is going to give us a home and home - they all BUY home games
    Sounds like we need and experienced Athletic Director who can schedule mens basketball games for us. Just saying.....

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Sounds like we need and experienced Athletic Director who can schedule mens basketball games for us. Just saying.....
    Do we know that TMac can't? Not saying he can/can't, but I'm a tentative TMac fan right now - he seems to respond well to the needs of the fans (so far, and only from what I can tell).

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Do we know that TMac can't? Not saying he can/can't, but I'm a tentative TMac fan right now - he seems to respond well to the needs of the fans (so far, and only from what I can tell).
    Yeah.....he seems to be very reactive to fan requests. The question is, can he be proactive, and start planning a few things in advance?? I don't know. The jury is still out. IMO, we really haven't seen him do anything proactive (scheduling, facilities planning, coaching hires/fires, etc....) that would indicate he's our guy.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah.....he seems to be very reactive to fan requests. The question is, can he be proactive, and start planning a few things in advance?? I don't know. The jury is still out. IMO, we really haven't seen him do anything proactive (scheduling, facilities planning, coaching hires/fires, etc....) that would indicate he's our guy.
    I can agree with this. He may not even feel pressured to do anything - looking at Tech athletics over the last 20 years wouldn't really make me feel like I had to work for my job if I were him.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    But correct me if I'm wrong, the rpi was "tweaked" after that to keep a lower conference from doing that any more - they had like 6 teams in the tourney that year and 5 went out in the first round by sizeable margins of defeat

The key is trying to schedule as many teams around the 150 rpi level as possible and hoping your conference mates do the same
    Just the opposite...the RPI was changed in 2004-2005 to reward teams less for home wins than away wins and to penalize more for home losses than away losses.

That's why you see that Tech's Division I record (10-3) is bumped up to 10.4-3 for RPI purposes with 4 away wins vs only 3 home wins.

But that change only impacts the 25% winning percentage component of RPI...no change was made regarding the SOS component that makes up the other 75%.

UTSA should be paying the rest of C-USA...no excuse to have the second worst SOS factor in Division I for just DI games plus playing three non-DI games (and losing one of those).

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'm certain Coach White doesn't want Tommy trying to make his schedule. Like Dwayne said, give him the money to buy some home games. Good teams aren't coming to Ruston for free. White is far more competent in putting together a basketball schedule than TMac. The best way to be proactive is to fund a couple of big games in Ruston (e.g.--Arkansas, Missouri, Baylor, Texas). Those at the top of our conference bring in more quality OOC opponents than we do.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

How much does it cost to buy a game?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    How much does it cost to buy a game?
    I'm not sure but I mentioned Arkansas because they might be interested since they recruit this region. It also helps that one of their best players is from Shreveport and it would give him a little reward in playing in front of his friends/family. I've heard of coaches doing that for players in the past.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    I'm not sure but I mentioned Arkansas because they might be interested since they recruit this region. It also helps that one of their best players is from Shreveport and it would give him a little reward in playing in front of his friends/family. I've heard of coaches doing that for players in the past.
    Texas Tech came to Ruston for that reason didn't they? Who was the player?

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Texas Tech came to Ruston for that reason didn't they? Who was the player?
    Hmmm... Didn't Jay Jackson from Ouachita play for Texas Tech?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

That was it Jay Jackson -
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Just like every time we start talking about playing the Razorbacks in Shreveport for football, I've got a little challenge for you.

Run through the last several (actually, probably about the last 15-20 years) of schedules and count up the away games they've played. It won't take long. . .

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...sas-razorbacks

You'll find the occasional Michigan, OU, UConn, or Texas in there. But you'll have to go back to 2008-2009 to find an away game outside of that size program. I don't think they've played a single true away game this season (can you imagine what that would be like?).

They did play at USA and Missouri State (which is nearby) back in 08. So there is that.

But I wouldn't hold my breath on ever getting Arkansas to play us at home in football or basketball. They just don't play away games (because they don't have to). They rarely even play schools they consider peers on the road.

I thought I remembered them playing at Tulsa a while back?

+ Reply to Thread