+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alright, Mr. A.D.

Varsity Bulldog Brad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud ofBrad has much to be proud of

Alright, Mr. A.D.

It is time to remove the current head coach and show that you are more than an a political appointment. (And while you are at it, remove the baseball coach, too.)

The Lady Techsters are not going to get any better under the current regime, which has run this once proud program into the ground. The previous coach, even though he had better teams than the product the current coach has produced, was run out of town during mid-season. It is painful to see the depths to which the Techsters have plummeted.

This is your chance to prove to the fanbase and some coaches (i.e., Holtz) that ineptness and losing will not be tolerated at Louisiana Tech.

Brad Thomas

Varsity Bulldog jtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her gamejtrammell is on top of his/her game

Re: Alright, Mr. A.D.

I have not followed the team closely enough to have any valid opinion on the current coach but replacing a coach mid-season is something you should only do if you absolutely have to. If we think we are going to make a change at the end of the year, now is the time to start making a list of top prospects and planning a transition so that it as smooth as possible. Changing coaches is a big deal and should only happen if you are confident it will move you in the right direction. It is easy to fire, hiring well is not quite as easy.

Bulldog Tech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the rough

The current coach should have been replaced at the end of last season. Start over fresh this year in a new conference with a new coach. The Lady Techsters are so deep in the hole they may never dig out. One of the biggest disappointments in Tech athletics...ever. I harped on this at the end of last season...just couldn't keep my mouth shut any longer.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

I only follow WBB on BBB, but have seen enough negativity over the past several years to know that firing this coach mid season would only be a positive thing. I am not sure there is a negative aspect that can outweigh that decision.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    It is time to remove the current head coach and show that you are more than an a political appointment. (And while you are at it, remove the baseball coach, too.)

The Lady Techsters are not going to get any better under the current regime, which has run this once proud program into the ground. The previous coach, even though he had better teams than the product the current coach has produced, was run out of town during mid-season. It is painful to see the depths to which the Techsters have plummeted.

This is your chance to prove to the fanbase and some coaches (i.e., Holtz) that ineptness and losing will not be tolerated at Louisiana Tech.

Brad Thomas
    As much as I like TSpoon, respect her career and what she has accomplished on her own and as a Lady Techster, I agree 100%.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

Or, show her defenders that she really DOES put Tech first: Resign.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by fanfromafar View Post
    Or, show her defenders that she really DOES put Tech first: Resign.
    From what I know of Spoon, she would NEVER resign. I think she'd be too proud (I could be wrong).

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    From what I know of Spoon, she would NEVER resign. I think she'd be too proud (I could be wrong).
    It isn't pride. Call it arrogance.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

well said

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    It isn't pride. Call it arrogance.
    I suppose that's what I was thinking of. I hate to think that of her - I love Spoon and I remember well my freshman orientation when she spoke, I'll never forget her fire and passion for Tech that I'll carry to my grave.

But she needs to do what's right by the Tech she loves.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Well, first, Tech needs to hire a real A.D.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I believe (because of what Spoon means to Louisiana Tech), if the administration did anything, they would talk to her similar to Texas and Mack Brown. She would be given a choice behind closed doors to move into another position as Director of Women's Athletics (or something like that). I could see that happening. I am not convinced it is Spoon's coaching, though. I lean more toward the fact that we can't get that one impact post player that we need to make it work. That is just me, though. I respect the other opinions.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

I agree that we need an inside game. We have been close recently and just missed out on some talented young ladies. Our first conference game against S. Miss will have a young lady that we recruited (Kierra Jordan 6'0 F). We also brought in Morgan Rogers from Shreveport a few years ago (however, she chose Tulane). I know that we are currently in on a very talented post player (I think she is Juco) and we have not given up on K. Brown. There is more of a chance there than most are aware of (I can only say that it will take a package deal to get that done). Lastly, I will say that this current coaching staff is working very hard to turn things around and I believe that things can improve. I also respect every opinion to the contrary that has been displayed here. I believe that we should all be able to state our opinions without personal attacks thrown around. IMO, everyone on this board would like to see the Techsters (and all Tech sports) be successful regardless of the coaching staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I believe (because of what Spoon means to Louisiana Tech), if the administration did anything, they would talk to her similar to Texas and Mack Brown. She would be given a choice behind closed doors to move into another position as Director of Women's Athletics (or something like that). I could see that happening. I am not convinced it is Spoon's coaching, though. I lean more toward the fact that we can't get that one impact post player that we need to make it work. That is just me, though. I respect the other opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    That may be the case, but what about all the substitution weirdness? I'm no coaching expert so I don't know her Xs and Os from apples and oranges but lack of substitution and wearing out your players is something tangible I can see.

Bulldog Tech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the roughTech62 is a jewel in the rough

Yes, and if you keep playing the lottery you might eventually win...maybe. What are the odds?
    Some on this board are too close to home to be able to form an objective opinion. I envy you that. I wish I could be at every Tech game, but from a distance it seems all too obvious that the Techster program is crying for meaningful changes to be made.

+ Reply to Thread