+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Season begins (NFL)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

New Season begins (NFL)

First, tip of the hat to the Cowgirls for a great game. Defense, much maligned, stepped up and played well. Thought they were gonna pull it out. No, really, I did! was thinking, Wow! Orton is having a good game, especially avoiding Romoitis with horrific 4th qtr turnovers. I had that thought a mere seconds before the game-ending INT. And, I am NOT kidding about this. Sorry. Guess I jinxed him.

The Eagles are "good." What makes them tough to beat is their ball protection. Lead the NFL this year with fewest TOs and Foles set an all-time NFL record with the best TD-INT ratio. 27 TDs to only 2 INTs.

The Saints' D is near the bottom in takeaways. So! that doesn't bode well for this Saturday. Don't like our chances. Probably looking at 0-6 all-time in road playoff games. But! this is a chance for Payton-Brees to step up and show they belong in the conversation of current NFL "elites." We keep hearing that, since 2006, the Saints are among the best of the best in the NFL. Well, the others: Packers, Giants, Ravens, Steelers, Patriots considered to be in that group (since 2006) all have won playoff games on the road. And, multiple times too! It's time for Brees to step up HUGE on the road. And the rest of the team needs to say, enough is enough already. Win....and it's back to Carolina for another road game!

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Re: New Season begins (NFL)

All our games are outdoors in cold climates against tugh teams, including the superbowl. Not the route id prefer to take...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    All our games are outdoors in cold climates against tugh teams, including the superbowl. Not the route id prefer to take...
    Have a bad feeling it's gonna be a short trip.....

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Win....and it's back to Carolina for another road game!
    As a six seed, wouldn't we play the Seahawks in Seattle because they are the highest remaining seed? If the Eagles win, I think they'd play Carolina because the winner of the other wild card game would be a lower seed (SF 5 and GB 4).

I wouldn't swear by this, but I thought at one point in this process that I understood.

I hope there's a SF/NO NFC championship where QP has a stellar game in a losing effort! But, that's not likely to happen.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgyNWindow View Post
    As a six seed, wouldn't we play the Seahawks in Seattle because they are the highest remaining seed? If the Eagles win, I think they'd play Carolina because the winner of the other wild card game would be a lower seed (SF 5 and GB 4).

I wouldn't swear by this, but I thought at one point in this process that I understood.

I hope there's a SF/NO NFC championship where QP has a stellar game in a losing effort! But, that's not likely to happen.
    Seattle Plays the lowest remaining seed - Carolina plays highest remaining seed.

Oh, right. Saints get to go to Seattle....well, that's so much easier than having to play at Carolina .

Actually, I think the NFL should seed the 6 teams BEFORE the playoffs begin. Both the Saints and Niners should be hosting this opening round. Yeah....I know....take care of business during the regular season, blah, blah, blah.....I get it. The Eagles, at 10-6, had a legit season. But the Packers, 8-7-1, come on, man!

Oh well...if it's off to Seattle, I'll take it. That would mean we finally won a road playoff game!

Geaux Saints!

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Tough night, but it worked out to the good. I was nervous for the kicker and I was nervous for Luke on that last field goal. The new kicker looked real shaky on his first PAT attempts after he replaced Hartley, but he is getting the job done.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Whew Dat! Finally got that monkey off our backs.

Saints looked pretty darn good. 'cept Brees at times. Running game was very good, defense played very, very well most of the time, and good enough at other times. Not easy winning road playoff games in the NFL. So, no complaints about this "W", baby!

Who Dat! (not the beagles.....)

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Whew Dat! Finally got that monkey off our backs.

Saints looked pretty darn good. 'cept Brees at times. Running game was very good, defense played very, very well most of the time, and good enough at other times. Not easy winning road playoff games in the NFL. So, no complaints about this "W", baby!

Who Dat! (not the beagles.....)
    And hopefully there's an out of sync, overconfident Seattle team waiting for them. I think they can do this!

Varsity Bulldog LeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the rough

I'd love to see Tramon vs Patton in this game!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Best fans in the world!

Fans lined up along Boeing Lane's entrance to the airport and cheered and danced as Saints players, coaches and staff departed the airport.

“In my 10 years in the NFL I have never witnessed anything like that,” said first-year Saints tight end Benjamin Watson on a conference call Monday. “I’ve never witnessed anything like when we lose a game there are still people out there welcoming us back. I knew coming to New Orleans, being that I have my wife and family down here, this is a special place. They love their team and the team is a part of the community. You are talking about a couple hundred people out there at 4:30 in the morning welcoming a football team back. You just don’t see that at a lot of other places. It’s a credit to the fans and it is a credit to our team that the guys on this team connect with the community.

“Even though most of us aren’t from here when we play here, and I have only been here for a year, you start to feel somewhat of a connection with your neighborhood and the people that come to support you every Sunday.”

Sean Payton echoed Watson’s sentiment about Saints’ fans on Monday:

“I don’t know that I was surprised. It’s rare that we come home on a Saturday night, which makes it easier for people (to come out),” said Payton. “But certainly we have a great, faithful fan base. It’s amazing. You kind of clear the one group, you make a turn and then you have five times as many down the homestretch. It’s a pretty cool thing that’s unfolded over the years here. We never take it for granted.”

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LeggoDawgs View Post
    I'd love to see Tramon vs Patton in this game!
    Did you catch it. I recall 2 X Patton lined up against T-man. Kap went to the other side of the field fast. Don't know how their event played out, but wasn't a factor. You didn't see them going to Tramon's side often. They only had one "winner" to his side, but that was a score.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Payton had the Seahawks logo painted on the Saints practice fields "trying to create the exact environment" #NOvsSEA pic.twitter.com/BPw75vFg3O

https://twitter.com/Saints/status/42...900992/photo/1

Exact environment? Oh, did he also import 70,000 screaming seasickhawk fans? And, a little freezing rain to boot?

+ Reply to Thread