+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Season begins (NFL)

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: New Season begins (NFL)

Gameday.....Geaux Saints!

.....I'd like to get the seasickhawks in the Dome once.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I admit I had my doubts about Rob Ryan.....a little. But, as Payton said yesterday, he's a keeper. Except..... there's a rumor about his leaving. We'll see.

After the 2009 Super Bowl season the Saints had the oldest team in the league. Right now, we have the 6th youngest. Should be good for the next several seasons.

Defense wins championships. Seattle has the #1 D in the NFL, followed in order by Carolina, San Fran, and then the Saints. The top 4 D's are all in the NFC.

Too many mistakes....the fumble was huge and hopefully that will finally punch Ingram's ticket out! Blaming Luke for that missed FG? Nah! Graham kicked the laces, but he just pushed it left. Ball had perfect rotation. Colston had a couple of brain-farts, but he also enjoyed a huge day. Brees still ended up with 300+ yards passing, against the record-setting #1 pass defense in the NFL.

Disappointed.....because football season is now over...and it's a loooooooong way to the World Cup this summer.

Love dem Saints! 2014 is gonna be another great year for us.

Who Dat!

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I admit I had my doubts about Rob Ryan.....a little. But, as Payton said yesterday, he's a keeper. Except..... there's a rumor about his leaving. We'll see.

After the 2009 Super Bowl season the Saints had the oldest team in the league. Right now, we have the 6th youngest. Should be good for the next several seasons.

Defense wins championships. Seattle has the #1 D in the NFL, followed in order by Carolina, San Fran, and then the Saints. The top 4 D's are all in the NFC.

Too many mistakes....the fumble was huge and hopefully that will finally punch Ingram's ticket out! Blaming Luke for that missed FG? Nah! Graham kicked the laces, but he just pushed it left. Ball had perfect rotation. Colston had a couple of brain-farts, but he also enjoyed a huge day. Brees still ended up with 300+ yards passing, against the record-setting #1 pass defense in the NFL.

Disappointed.....because football season is now over...and it's a loooooooong way to the World Cup this summer.

Love dem Saints! 2014 is gonna be another great year for us.

Who Dat!
    Good summary except I think you let SP off the hook some. I thought he called/coached a C- game at best.

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Good summary except I think you let SP off the hook some. I thought he called/coached a C- game at best.
    I think BOTH SP and Brees need to revisit some of their game tactics. Time and time-out management needs improvement. In this game, for instance, Brees burned 2 TO's to avoid a delay of game. Okay....'cept those TO's, in the 2nd half, are waaaay more valuable than 5 yards in the 3rd qtr. One of the times Saints were sitting on a 2nd & 12 and Brees used a TO. I think 2nd & 17 is the same as 12, since you will probably complete a pass to get the first down anyway, and how many times do such plays go well beyond the sticks. Dumb! Save those TO's for late in the game.....period!

Offense is too complicated for road games. Works in the Dome because weather is not a factor, and the home fans get quiet when Saints are on O. On the road....nah. Now, SP/Brees did implement the huddle and a called-play for the Seattle game, and that was okay. But, we're still a finesse passing attack and 40 mph winds, freezing rain, a slick ball, and noisy opposing fans make audibles nearly impossible.

Saints are built/designed to win at home. Get the #1 seed and the Super Bowl is a foregone conclusion. Don't, and it's gonna continue to be tough. But, we did break thru and get a road playoff win and the Saints did battle Seattle down to the wire. So. we're not far away from another SB title!

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Good analysis 80. Not that is amounts to much, but I agree with your points. I have the impression Brees is not performing up to his norm for the last 2 seasons, but maybe your observations cover why. I'm not sure, but I would like to see them go after a promising young QB the next draft.

+ Reply to Thread