+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Part of the Night - Outside of the Win...

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Best Part of the Night - Outside of the Win...

Having to listen to Billy Tubbs stomach that defeat!

God knows I hated him and Pat Foster when they would bring Lamar into Ruston...

And then in '89 when the Sooner's waxed our asses and shaved our heads in the 2nd round of the Dance

I bet he mumbled all the way home tonite, that arogant SOB
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Best Part of the Night - Outside of the Win...

We owe OU some pay back. Last night was a good start doing that.

I, my brother, and some of my girlfriend pack, 4 of 'em, saw Tech play at Lamar, in 1980....Russo was coach, we had the Spiderman and that group, good team. LU won, 74-60, game was closer than that, we let it balloon in the final minute. Anyway, it was a complete sellout, their arena back then probably seated 6-7K, that was about it. We had no tix, expected to buy at the door. There was a long line of LU students flashing their IDs screaming to get in. So, I waltz up to the ticket window, Tech ID in hand, and demand to get in. They accommodated us by bringing out folding chairs and seating us just to the right and behind the media table. We were the only Tech fans there. After the game, a Lamar assistant comes up to me and says, "Coach sent me over to congratulate you on being the loudest visiting fan he's ever seen. Good job." and then shakes my hand. Can't remember if that was Tubbs or Foster, but would have been 1980, of the 79-80 season.

On the ride back to Houston....we were all staying in my brother's apartment....the group was commenting on how loud I was, how I yelled "BS" at some of the calls, etc... I have no memory of being overly loud....was just being myself .

Lamar was really, really good back then. When they Danced they always got at least one win, including beating Michigan State one year, with Magic J., I do believe, and knocking off LSU too another year. Great rivalry. Back when the SLC was legit-good in MBB.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Anyway, it was a complete sellout, their arena back then probably seated 6-7K, that was about it. We had no tix, expected to buy at the door. There was a long line of LU students flashing their IDs screaming to get in.

So was it sort of like the game in Monroe last week?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Anyway, it was a complete sellout, their arena back then probably seated 6-7K, that was about it. We had no tix, expected to buy at the door. There was a long line of LU students flashing their IDs screaming to get in.

Ah....no. It was truly SRO.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

Nope. McDonald Gym and then the Beaumont Civic Center ALWAYS packed for our games back in the day.

Tubbs still a cocky jackass . . . only a feeble one now.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you could tell he still hates us. The best he could do was say "You have to give Louisiana Tech credit". He did say we were a very well coached team numerous times so I know the word has and will get out on Coach White.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

I know it was an OU broadcast - but the homer-ism was AWFUL. Kept call OU "us" "we", kept calling Tech "Them", "they." And cheering during the play calling. Dave Nitz is a professional. He is Louisiana Tech - but he'd never do anything like that during the playcalling. He does get excited with "You Gotta Love It!" but last night was hard to listen to.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TYLERTECHSAS View Post
    Yes you could tell he still hates us. The best he could do was say "You have to give Louisiana Tech credit". He did say we were a very well coached team numerous times so I know the word has and will get out on Coach White.
    He also said we were the best defensive team that they had faced and that we shut down their dribble/drive game, which is their bread and butter, better than anyone.

We have great defense on the perimeter in all of our guards. Those guards are able to be even more aggressive because Kyzer is back their to clean up the dribble drives that get by our guards.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    He also said we were the best defensive team that they had faced and that we shut down their dribble/drive game, which is their bread and butter, better than anyone.

We have great defense on the perimeter in all of our guards. Those guards are able to be even more aggressive because Kyzer is back their to clean up the dribble drives that get by our guards.
    There were several times last night that OU guards had to seriously adjust their shot because of Kyser's long wingspan. We got 7 blocked shots (Mike got 4 of them) vs OU (#29 in AP poll and #30 in Coaches' Poll) on their home floor.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We owe OU some pay back. Last night was a good start doing that.

I, my brother, and some of my girlfriend pack, 4 of 'em, saw Tech play at Lamar, in 1980....Russo was coach, we had the Spiderman and that group, good team. LU won, 74-60, game was closer than that, we let it balloon in the final minute. Anyway, it was a complete sellout, their arena back then probably seated 6-7K, that was about it. We had no tix, expected to buy at the door. There was a long line of LU students flashing their IDs screaming to get in. So, I waltz up to the ticket window, Tech ID in hand, and demand to get in. They accommodated us by bringing out folding chairs and seating us just to the right and behind the media table. We were the only Tech fans there. After the game, a Lamar assistant comes up to me and says, "Coach sent me over to congratulate you on being the loudest visiting fan he's ever seen. Good job." and then shakes my hand. Can't remember if that was Tubbs or Foster, but would have been 1980, of the 79-80 season.

On the ride back to Houston....we were all staying in my brother's apartment....the group was commenting on how loud I was, how I yelled "BS" at some of the calls, etc... I have no memory of being overly loud....was just being myself .
    That was you????? :icon_wink:

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

It's nice to finally have something to cheer for & be proud of this year. Mike White's Dawgs are definately good and leave everything on the court. Very impressive victory. Hopefully more students & alumni will get excited about this program and display their support.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by sportdawg View Post
    I know it was an OU broadcast - but the homer-ism was AWFUL. Kept call OU "us" "we", kept calling Tech "Them", "they." And cheering during the play calling. Dave Nitz is a professional. He is Louisiana Tech - but he'd never do anything like that during the playcalling. He does get excited with "You Gotta Love It!" but last night was hard to listen to.
    I personally have NO problem with it - its their sports network for their target audience -

If we had our own TV network I would want the same HOMERISM - especially if I'm a sponsor footing the bill to have MY team broadcast
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread