+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: M. Basketball. Bulldogs Upset Sooners in OT Thriller

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: 12/30 @Oklahoma game

Go get un DAWGS!A "W" in Norman would be, SOOOOOO sweet!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say Tx A&M, Mercer, and Seton Hall are all quality wins for OU. It also appears they hung with Mich State. I imagine they will pick up some more big wins in Big 12 conference play. Beating them would be a high quality OOC win for Tech and CUSA.
    Last edited by boxerdog; 12-27-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    For those who already have tickets: What section are you in?
    Section LE3. Great seats for only $30. See you Monday! The Dawgs are gonna win this one.

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

I've cruised a few of the OU message boards and there is very little mention of this game. Most of their posters seem to be looking past us and at their first few conference games and how they think they will crack the top 25 if they can beat Texas in their conference opener. Let's hope their team is doing the same.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I still can't understand how that shot by Tisdale bounced below the rim and jumped up into the basket.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    I still can't understand how that shot by Tisdale bounced below the rim and jumped up into the basket.
    we ain't never lettin some things go
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

I haunts me. That was a sweet 16 round and I think had we won, would have been in the Final Four (I know we would have to have won a game in between there).

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I haunts me. That was a sweet 16 round and I think had we won, would have been in the Final Four (I know we would have to have won a game in between there).
    I agree......... Still haunts me too. Maybe this team can get a little revenge for us. That ball went around that goal 50 times (I counted! )

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I agree......... Still haunts me too. Maybe this team can get a little revenge for us. That ball went around that goal 50 times (I counted! )
    My memory is the ball hit under the rim, defying gravity and inertia, before going around . . . and around . . . and around some more. I'm sticking to that story (or confusing it with a Seinfeld episode involving Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez).

Didn't Oklahoma win the tournament that year? It seems like the prior year Tech lost in an early round to the eventual champions.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

My memory is the ball hit under the rim, defying gravity and inertia, before going around . . . and around . . . and around some more. I'm sticking to that story (or confusing it with a Seinfeld episode involving Ron Darling and Keith Hernandez).

Didn't Oklahoma win the tournament that year? It seems like the prior year Tech lost in an early round to the eventual champions.

Didn't Oklahoma lose in the finals?

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

M. Basketball. LA Tech Faces OU in Norman

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

LA Tech faces OU in its final game of the 2013 calendar year on Monday at 7 p.m. inside the Lloyd Noble Center in Norman, Okla.

More...

Discuss it here.

Bulldog CT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really nice

OU fan here (family full of Tech grads). For those of you going to Norman for the game, I'll list some things to do/places to eat outside of the places on I-35 (BJs, Chili's, interurban)

In Norman:
    The Mont- tex-mex right on campus at Boyd and Jenkins
    Legends on Lindsey- nice higher-end sit down place
    The Garage on Main in downtown Norman- burgers
    McNelly's on Main- Irish bar-burgers
    Louie's Too is Stoops' place on Campus Corner (Boyd/Asp)
    Syrup for breakfast in downtown Norman
    The Diner for breakfast Downtown as well
    Campus corner is full of quick spots to eat. I usually choose Chimy's because it has the best atmosphere

There are a lot of places in downtown OKC you can eat. Brick town is a cool place with a bunch of bars and restaurants. Also if you head up tonight, the Thunder play the Rockets and there might be tickets available.

Things to do:
    It's a college town so without kids in school it may be dead. I'd say go grab a drink on campus corner (chimys fuzzys, seven, blackbird, o'connells.)
    The Switzer center should be open. It's where all of the football trophies/awards are and it's attached to the south side of the stadium on Jenkins
    If you walk through campus, my parents always loved the library and the great reading room there. Very old and quiet but they always enjoyed it.
    Brick town
    The Warren Theater is the best movie theater I've been to and it's in Moore.

Places to stay:
    Embassy Suites
    Sooner Legends
    Courtyard by Marriott
    The USPS runs the postal training center off highway 9 in Norman. The hotel there is run by Marriott and is huge. The football team stays there for home games. It's better for when Tech comes to Norman in August. They don't list it on hotel sites.

You can save these for when Tech plays in Norman in August. I won't be able to make the game cause I'm headed down to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl like most OU fans. I will be there in August though. Please let me know if y'all have any questions.

Bulldog CT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really nice

As far as the ball team goes, we're pretty small. We only have a couple of big men that contribute. Ryan Spangler (Gonzaga transfer) is by far our best. Cameron Clark has had a breakout year so far. I think he leads the Big 12 in scoring. Jordan Woodward runs the point very well for a true freshman. He's limited his turnovers so far while averaging double digits. Buddy Hield is our most talented player IMO. He's a 6'4 guard that can score and locks down on D. We play fast similar Tech and are in the top 20 in scoring. Our bench goes 3-4 deep depending on who we play.

Quality wins would be Mercer, A&M and Seton Hall. We played Michigan State close but they pulled away in the last couple of minutes when we started fouling. We're on our way back to where we used to be in the mid 2000s and this group is full of underclassmen.

It should be a good, close game tomorrow. Good luck!

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by CT3789 View Post
    OU fan here (family full of Tech grads). For those of you going to Norman for the game, I'll list some things to do/places to eat outside of the places on I-35 (BJs, Chili's, interurban)

In Norman:
    The Mont- tex-mex right on campus at Boyd and Jenkins
    Legends on Lindsey- nice higher-end sit down place
    The Garage on Main in downtown Norman- burgers
    McNelly's on Main- Irish bar-burgers
    Louie's Too is Stoops' place on Campus Corner (Boyd/Asp)
    Syrup for breakfast in downtown Norman
    The Diner for breakfast Downtown as well
    Campus corner is full of quick spots to eat. I usually choose Chimy's because it has the best atmosphere

There are a lot of places in downtown OKC you can eat. Brick town is a cool place with a bunch of bars and restaurants. Also if you head up tonight, the Thunder play the Rockets and there might be tickets available.

Things to do:
    It's a college town so without kids in school it may be dead. I'd say go grab a drink on campus corner (chimys fuzzys, seven, blackbird, o'connells.)
    The Switzer center should be open. It's where all of the football trophies/awards are and it's attached to the south side of the stadium on Jenkins
    If you walk through campus, my parents always loved the library and the great reading room there. Very old and quiet but they always enjoyed it.
    Brick town
    The Warren Theater is the best movie theater I've been to and it's in Moore.

Places to stay:
    Embassy Suites
    Sooner Legends
    Courtyard by Marriott
    The USPS runs the postal training center off highway 9 in Norman. The hotel there is run by Marriott and is huge. The football team stays there for home games. It's better for when Tech comes to Norman in August. They don't list it on hotel sites.

You can save these for when Tech plays in Norman in August. I won't be able to make the game cause I'm headed down to New Orleans for the Sugar Bowl like most OU fans. I will be there in August though. Please let me know if y'all have any questions.
    Thanks for the info! We're staying at the Embassy. I'm wanting to see a bit of football after the basketball game. Is McNelly's the same place they have in Tulsa? If so, they have a million beers on tap. I was wondering where we can grab a bite/brew after 9 pm with my wife and 2 minor daughters?
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by boxerdog View Post
    Thanks for the info! We're staying at the Embassy. I'm wanting to see a bit of football after the basketball game. Is McNelly's the same place they have in Tulsa? If so, they have a million beers on tap. I was wondering where we can grab a bite/brew after 9 pm with my wife and 2 minor daughters?
    Yep it's the same McNelly's in Tulsa. They did an open bar tailgate at Notre Dame this year so I'm a fan. I'd say to go to the Mont or Fuzzys/Chimys (I prefer Chimys). All should be open till 10 and all 3 serve drinks. Chimys has some strong Margs.

+ Reply to Thread