+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sugar Bowl: BAMA vs OU

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Sugar Bowl: BAMA vs OU

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDawg View Post
    Lest we forget...

Oklahoma's next game: August 30, 2014 vs Louisiana Tech
    Oh crap. I forgot about that. Not looking forward to that one at all.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

How can you accidentally kick an onside kick from the ten yard line and recover the ball? Lol.

Champ rphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the roughrphdawg is a jewel in the rough rphdawg's Avatar

And to think we came sooooooooo close to naming josh heupel head coach of latech last year!

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    And to think we came sooooooooo close to naming josh heupel head coach of latech last year!
    Man...Huepel called some fantastic plays tonight in some really tight situations. I thought the OU staff out coached Saban. Bama should of RUN the ball more tonight. Saban got sucked in to playing OU's game and threw the ball all night. I know A J McCarron's good, but OU is much better at stopping the pass than the run. OU had trouble stopping the run all night. And Saban quit running it.

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Wonderful to see the SEC/Alabama myth slapped down hard in the final year of the BCS. I really like Auburn because of its comparatively friendly relationship with Tech and was thrilled when they knocked Bama off the top this year. But would value a Florida State victory over Auburn because it would further weaken the arguments of so many sports commentators that the SEC is the best league in the world. They just feed on one another and keep pretending BAMA is above all other and SEC is the only conference worth supporting. Maybe this will change the recruiting trends at least for one year!

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Heck, having a game against OU this year is an excellent motivating factor to the current players and new recruits to work harder and pay more attention to coaches' leadership and EXPECT to beat the Sugar Bowl Champs!

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

S-E-C! S-E-C! S-E-C!

Way to go, Big Game Bob!

Another win by an up tempo, no huddle offense over Saban and Bama. Texas A&M last year. Auburn and Oklahoma this year.

Bulldog CT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really niceCT3789 is just really nice

Such a great game! I just want to see Finebaum eat crow. He was talking a lot of trash before the game and even after the first Bama drive. I'm proud of our team and can't wait till next season. I hope to see so e Tech fans in Norman next year.

Boomer Sooner!

Champ bluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond reputebluecrew has a reputation beyond repute bluecrew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aubunique View Post
    Wonderful to see the SEC/Alabama myth slapped down hard in the final year of the BCS. I really like Auburn because of its comparatively friendly relationship with Tech and was thrilled when they knocked Bama off the top this year. But would value a Florida State victory over Auburn because it would further weaken the arguments of so many sports commentators that the SEC is the best league in the world. They just feed on one another and keep pretending BAMA is above all other and SEC is the only conference worth supporting. Maybe this will change the recruiting trends at least for one year!
    First I was rooting for Oklahoma haha. That being said the "myth" of the SEC isnt going away because of this game and neither unfortunately is Bama. They lost to ULM and Utah not to long ago and recovered just fine. The SEC will still have 7 of the top 10 teams in recruiting and it will still play for the national title....Which by the way Ill be rooting for FSU. However Auburn doesnt have to win to show the best football is played under the Mason Dixon line.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

The myth of the sec isn't going away because espn has invested over a billion dollars in it.

And the world's #1 sports media outlet is going to reinforce that myth (ie. market their product) every chance they get.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    S-E-C! S-E-C! S-E-C!

Way to go, Big Game Bob!

Another win by an up tempo, no huddle offense over Saban and Bama. Texas A&M last year. Auburn and Oklahoma this year.
    Yep.

Saban will just have to adjust, or his empire might fade away. But....keep in mind Utah smoked Bama in the Sugar Bowl not too long ago, and since then, Bama has won 2 or 3 national championships and it was Utah that has faded away. I wouldn't write Saban's obit just yet.

I was VERY impressed with the two freshmen stars: OU QB Trevor Knight and Bama RB Derrick Henry. What a hoss he is!

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rphdawg View Post
    Not really sure how close we came to landing him, the real reasons he turned us down, and no one who knows is talking. I soured on him after reading a lot of the OU fans comments about him. Seems they wanted him gone. I did not take that as a good sign. They have probably changed their minds by now , but sounds like his playcalling has improved this year. I guess we find out first hand in August. :bigcry:

Champ mikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond reputemikedog has a reputation beyond repute mikedog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hookdown View Post
    Not really sure how close we came to landing him, the real reasons he turned us down, and no one who knows is talking. I soured on him after reading a lot of the OU fans comments about him. Seems they wanted him gone. I did not take that as a good sign. They have probably changed their minds by now , but sounds like his playcalling has improved this year. I guess we find out first hand in August. :bigcry:
    While I agree that the OU playcalling was good, particularly the timing of the screen calls, Knight had an unbelievable game on 3rd downs. The execution by the Jimmy's and the Joe's probably made the playcalling look better than it actually was.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

A friend of mine who graduated from TECH but who is now living in Tulsa e-mailed me during the game last night. He said "I think La Tech beating the OU basketball team upset the OU football team and they're taking it out on Alabama!"

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

Gregg Doyel eats crow for calling Alabama the best team in the country before the game.

http://www.cbssports.com/general/wri...n-america-sigh

"So normally, a story "going viral" is the goal of anyone who writes on the Internet. This story I wrote Wednesday on Alabama went viral. It has been passed around by so many people on Facebook that Mark Zuckerberg just bought himself a small country and named it after me. He named it The Republic of Moron, because the story I wrote that went viral? The one everybody seemed to read? It was my opinion that Alabama, even after losing to Auburn, was the best team in college football.

And then Alabama lost to Oklahoma last night in the Sugar Bowl.

Which leads to Hate Mail this morning."

+ Reply to Thread