+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Operation Sellout at 3,108 tix left.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: Operation Sellout at 3,108 tix left.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    You probably know better than I. The reasons I stated should help Operation Sellout be a success.

Last I heard the White Out was January 25, but it could have changed.

From the news release for
    Saturday:
    Kids in the sixth grade and under are encouraged to stick around after the game as a free basketball clinic with the Bulldog players and coaches will be given.
    Also, free Bulldog koozies will be handed out to the first 1,000 fans.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Mike White Out. Very nice.
    Sounds like GLAAD should be a game sponsor.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

It only took 1 day for Green Bay to sell the remaining 3000 tickets for their home playoff game after the big uproar. This should be easy. I mean come on, it's indoors. Not like it will be -2 and falling.

Seriously hope we can do it!!

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

They showed the video during the Mcneese game, and it said there were 3108 left.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we need the revenue from 8000 tickets sold, but I want to see 8000 people in the TAC. The problem with this "sell out" thing is exactly what Monroe ran into...on game day, you are turning people away that want to attend, because the "seats" are spoken for, and the game is played in front of a half-full arena.

There's really no way to control the distribution, nor whether the tickets will be used. I wonder if (legally) we could take a chance based on an educated guess of % tickets used and OVERSELL...heck airlines and hotels do it all the time...and say we sell 12,000 tickets (or whatever) planning for 8000 to show. If more show up, we give them a voucher worth $XX for the next game at home and concessions?

Just thinking out loud...

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Noble idea, overselling, but what if you were one of the oversold turnaways? Talk about losing potential future fans.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

What about requiring businesses who purchase tickets in bulk to stand at the gate with all tickets that are unclaimed. That way if they can't give them all to family, friends, and co-workers then others can take advantage.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

No way anyone can convince me we have sold over 4,000 tickets at this point...

There are formulas you can use for oversell's that ensure it will not be drastic -

Best way is to set back 500 to 750 GA tickets for game day and DONT claim the sell-out, then if you have 7000+ show up the sell-out just doesn't matter

What are we trying to accomplish?

Sell 7,347 tickets at $5 to $10 or

Put the absolute most PAYING people in the TAC to watch a basketball game and have a good time?

I will say this, they picked a good game - cause Marshall is BAD, very bad
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Noble idea, overselling, but what if you were one of the oversold turnaways? Talk about losing potential future fans.
    Actually I think you have the posibility to lose more potential fans by claiming a sell-out and only have 5,000 folks attend and by turning folks away at the door on game day with over 2k empty seats

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Like I said, just thinking "out loud" --- I don't know what the magic number would be as far as % tickets used to tickets sold (breakage) but surely somebody in the AD's office tracks that stuff. I'd think it's about 90% a mathematical equation...I suspect with a little due diligence, there wouldn't be a lot of "oversolds" that would get turned away.

To your question though, If I were one of them, or my family, I think it would depend on what Tech offered me as a consolation. Free drink and a Free Hot Dog with my ticket to the next home game might be acceptable...I don't know.

GA tickets are not guaranteed a seat - and on a promotion like this is imperative that message is printed on the back of the ticket...

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    Actually I think you have the posibility to lose more potential fans by claiming a sell-out and only have 5,000 folks attend and by turning folks away at the door on game day with over 2k empty seats
    I think y'all have tactfully drilled it into this administration you don't want a nlulm repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    To your question though, If I were one of them, or my family, I think it would depend on what Tech offered me as a consolation. Free drink and a Free Hot Dog with my ticket to the next home game might be acceptable...I don't know.
    Yes, that's the frequent flyer mindset. I actually was talking about potential "fan"-cys who could become Bulldog "fan"-atics.

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Like I said, just thinking "out loud" --- I don't know what the magic number would be as far as % tickets used to tickets sold (breakage) but surely somebody in the AD's office tracks that stuff. I'd think it's about 90% a mathematical equation...I suspect with a little due diligence, there wouldn't be a lot of "oversolds" that would get turned away.

Make sure you request a phone call verifying that the concessions are open and they have hot dogs.:icon_wink:

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

From Monzaga board

dridrndn wrote:
    How Tech report and how news star accepts their facts belongs to the folks at both tech and news star. nothing new about tech alumni at news star love fest. Tech not reporting anything exceptional anyway and their attendance and ours compared to the product playing really can leave one with only conclusion that tech fans dont really follow their team. And barring post season game the contest at ulm will be techs largest "home", even if technically a few miles from ruston, game this year. ULM administration is getting the job done with less is a great indicator of what could be if we can continue to improve our athletic teams.

Varsity Bulldog ElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of lightElDoDawgFan is a glorious beacon of light

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    From Monzaga board

dridrndn wrote:
    How Tech report and how news star accepts their facts belongs to the folks at both tech and news star. nothing new about tech alumni at news star love fest. Tech not reporting anything exceptional anyway and their attendance and ours compared to the product playing really can leave one with only conclusion that tech fans dont really follow their team. And barring post season game the contest at ulm will be techs largest "home", even if technically a few miles from ruston, game this year. ULM administration is getting the job done with less is a great indicator of what could be if we can continue to improve our athletic teams.
    Bad grammar makes this difficult to read. Understanding half of it makes me laugh.

+ Reply to Thread