+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Stonewall Kitchen - Roasted Peach Wiskey Sauce

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Stonewall Kitchen - Roasted Peach Wiskey Sauce

Had 4 duck breast breasted (8 pcs) and didn't want to freeze them. I had seen something on facebook with bacon wrapped chicken tenderloins (can't mess that up right?) so I mixed the two...

-sprinkled generously with Tony's

-wrapped in bacon w/jalapeno slice inside (I love the cream cheese, but everybody doesn't and it was too much trouble anyway)

- basted lightly in the Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Peach Wiskey Sauce

- caramelized on a HOT grill, then slow cooked until the bacon looked good.

It is now my all time favorite so far for duck and the chicken was even better. I believe and hope Maxwell's still has it.

Thank You Ross!

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Re: Stonewall Kitchen - Roasted Peach Wiskey Sauce

Duck breast marinated in teriyaki and wrapped in bacon is about as good as it gets.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    Duck breast marinated in teriyaki and wrapped in bacon is about as good as it gets.
    I'll remember that one too.

My wife bit into a steel shot after I typed this last night. What a stupid rule the tree huggers put on the hunters...Must have been the duck my son killed. I usually shoot them in the head.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quick and easy recipe: season your duck breast filets with salt and pepper (preferably kosher or coarse ground salt and coarse ground pepper). Pan sear over medium heat in a bit of olive oil about 3-4 minutes per side. Enough to sear the breast filets and cook to a medium rare. Slice filets thin and top with mint jelly or any of thee stonewall kitchen type stuff that is sweet. I love the mint jelly as it is usually paired with a "gamey" mutton or lamb dish anyway and really lends itself very well to duck. The Stonewall Kitchen sauces I'd recommend would be the peach that Maddawg used or: Curried Mango Grill Sauce, Sesame Ginger Teriyaki, Maple Chipotle, or the Bronco Bob's brand Roasted Raspberry Chipotle. The Maxwell's MArket mint jelly is the one I use; and all of the other Stonewall and Bronco sauces are available at my shop as well.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

I can eat the magret ducks medium rare (with a cherry and balsamic reduction is awesome), but the wild shot ducks have to be marinated for me to enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Quick and easy recipe: season your duck breast filets with salt and pepper (preferably kosher or coarse ground salt and coarse ground pepper). Pan sear over medium heat in a bit of olive oil about 3-4 minutes per side. Enough to sear the breast filets and cook to a medium rare. Slice filets thin and top with mint jelly or any of thee stonewall kitchen type stuff that is sweet. I love the mint jelly as it is usually paired with a "gamey" mutton or lamb dish anyway and really lends itself very well to duck. The Stonewall Kitchen sauces I'd recommend would be the peach that Maddawg used or: Curried Mango Grill Sauce, Sesame Ginger Teriyaki, Maple Chipotle, or the Bronco Bob's brand Roasted Raspberry Chipotle. The Maxwell's MArket mint jelly is the one I use; and all of the other Stonewall and Bronco sauces are available at my shop as well.
    I've done something similar with deer tenderloin. I could eat it raw.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    I can eat the magret ducks medium rare (with a cherry and balsamic reduction is awesome), but the wild shot ducks have to be marinated for me to enjoy them.
    That's a wonderful way to do the duck breasts! I use dried cherries, basalmic vinegar, port wine and a bit of demi and reduce that.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'll remember that one too.

My wife bit into a steel shot after I typed this last night. What a stupid rule the tree huggers put on the hunters...Must have been the duck my son killed. I usually shoot them in the head.
    I caught it and gave it the appropriate YEAH, RIGHT.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ DQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to beholdDQDawg is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Damn, MarketDawg. We got a "Gift Package" of some of these, and I was already starting to worry about where in the hell to buy more. Thanks to BBB I've learned.

+ Reply to Thread