+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: 1/19 @USM game

Champ aubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the earsaubunique seems to have something between the ears aubunique's Avatar

Re: 1/19 @USM game

Disappointed but pleased with the potential outcome of the season. Guess USM will get top 25 votes now.

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

The Southern Miss D makes it difficult to drive to the bucket. Which is why I thought we should go zone some in the first half(they were struggling from outside). It slowed them down some in the 2nd half. Since conference began we've had a bad habit of starting off slow. Southern Miss is too good to do that against.

We had 4 guys in double digits. The difference was inside, and a team with an aggressive big with some talent gives us fits. This game, Lafayette, and St. Mary's. I remember watching Charlotte early in the season, and I think they have a decent big. I said in another thread 70+ points wins most of our conference games. It is up to the D, and that was no where to be found in the first half.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

We will be much more physical when these five guys get on the floor for Tech.

Erik McCree, 6-8 220 F So
    Leo Edwards, 6-8 230 F Fr
    Josh Butler, 6-6 225 F Fr
    Joniah White, 6-10 220 C HS
    Branden Sheppard, 6-8 220 F HS

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Better than the NIT game but we still got "out-physicaled."
    Exactly. This loss was almost identical to the WAC Tournament title loss to NMSU 2 yrs ago. LA Tech lost both games because we got our arse's whipped badly inside by bigger, stronger players from the opposition. I believe that NMSU loss was in White's first year as our coach. Today's loss makes me wonder if he's really developed the team, or is he just delivering more of the same. Clearly, the weaknesses between the two teams are the SAME.

As long as LA Tech can play a "perimeter" game....hit some 3's and make its' free throws.....then everything is fine. But when it comes time to play angry basketball in the trenches, we're not cutting it.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    We will be much more physical when these five guys get on the floor for Tech.

Erik McCree, 6-8 220 F So
    Leo Edwards, 6-8 230 F Fr
    Josh Butler, 6-6 225 F Fr
    Joniah White, 6-10 220 C HS
    Branden Sheppard, 6-8 220 F HS
    good point!
    Good old Memorial Gym

Varsity Bulldog Black is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the roughBlack is a jewel in the rough

I don't mind a team's big making a contested shot. Everyone knows our inside D is our weakest link. It's letting them get points off offensive rebounds that hurts. We tend to think we can just out jump people for rebounds. Saw a lot of ball watching instead of blocking out.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    The Southern Miss D makes it difficult to drive to the bucket. Which is why I thought we should go zone some in the first half(they were struggling from outside). It slowed them down some in the 2nd half. Since conference began we've had a bad habit of starting off slow. Southern Miss is too good to do that against.

We had 4 guys in double digits. The difference was inside, and a team with an aggressive big with some talent gives us fits. This game, Lafayette, and St. Mary's. I remember watching Charlotte early in the season, and I think they have a decent big. I said in another thread 70+ points wins most of our conference games. It is up to the D, and that was no where to be found in the first half.
    Today we had at least 4 open (open = would have drawn a foul) shot under the basket when we threw the ball back out. Not enough to win the game, but we didn't even try those shots. Twice we passed the ball back out w/under 10 secs on the shot clock.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    Exactly. This loss was almost identical to the WAC Tournament title loss to NMSU 2 yrs ago. LA Tech lost both games because we got our arse's whipped badly inside by bigger, stronger players from the opposition. I believe that NMSU loss was in White's first year as our coach. Today's loss makes me wonder if he's really developed the team, or is he just delivering more of the same. Clearly, the weaknesses between the two teams are the SAME.

As long as LA Tech can play a "perimeter" game....hit some 3's and make its' free throws.....then everything is fine. But when it comes time to play angry basketball in the trenches, we're not cutting it.
    Agreed - USM is better and deeper inside however if we make our free throws today and reduce the stupid turnovers it's a one score game.

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Not having Appleby hurt us today. His movement to the lane would have won us he game.

That said, this was a tough game in a hostile environment, I expect they will overcome it.

Guard play will be much more valuable come tournament time.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    Pre-game was on 97.7 today.
    Did they switch it over to 107.5, or was the whole game on 97.7? I couldn't get any radio feed in Shreveport.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Not having Appleby hurt us today. His movement to the lane would have won us he game.

That said, this was a tough game in a hostile environment, I expect they will overcome it.

No doubt we will miss him, but not having him didn't cost us today as much as the turnovers and lack of aggression when we had the ball.

This is a game that most marked down as a loss. We'll be okay.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post

What hurt us was our inability to get a rebound. Our rebounding effort was nonexistent. Appleby wouldn't have changed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Did they switch it over to 107.5, or was the whole game on 97.7? I couldn't get any radio feed in Shreveport.
    I never checked after I got home. Your boy Isabella didn't mention it in his very short writeup that was placed on page 6 by someone in KC.:icon_wink:

Email, our AD. Ask him if he can find out from our TSP guy. He seems to think he does a good job for us.

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I never checked after I got home. Your boy Isabella didn't mention it in his very short writeup that was placed on page 6 by someone in KC.:icon_wink:

Email, our AD. Ask him if he can find out from our TSP guy. He seems to think he does a good job for us.
    Made Page 5 of The Times, just below the "Grambling falls just short" article... Had to make room for the "Fournette convinced he chose the right school" article on Page 1...

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    It stayed on 97.7. I watched on TV and then listened to post-game on radio.

+ Reply to Thread