+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crashing the boards...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: Crashing the boards...

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    Southern Miss is a very good squad.
    No doubt. But, they are certainly no better than about 40 other teams (maybe more), and if we hope to REALLY break out then that means reaching the Sweet 16, and that means beating 1 or 2 teams as good, or better, than USM. Right now, I just don't see it. Yeah, we could get red hot from the arc.....kind of like NC State in 1983 (I know, no 3-pt shot back then)....and go deep into the Dance. It is possible. But, being so porous on defense in the paint is a major concern. Good teams will torch us.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Re: Crashing the boards...

I've said before and I'll say it again - until our bigs learn to defend with their feet on the floor they are going to struggle with more physical size...

They got beat on the boards because they left their feet on every play going for the block - every time, every series - no matter how much the bench pleaded for them to hold their ground

Believe it or not - without Appleby, we are still BETTER than USM - even at their place

Make FT's and defend slightly better on the interior and we win that ballgame
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread