+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 1/23 Charlotte game

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 1/23 Charlotte game

Guess I will bring my own "snacks" from the tailgate

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Here's an opportunity:

Louisiana Tech Athletics is seeking applications for a Marketing Associate. This 12 – 18 month internship will work as part of the Athletic Department's external affairs team and will be charged with coordinating the marketing development activities for Olympic sports, including the writing and preparing of comprehensive sports-specific marketing plans, assisting in the management of game day activities, and serving as the liaison with all student groups. This person will also be tasked with managing and growing the Louisiana Tech Kids Club. Additionally, this professional will play a large role in the programming and management of the social media outreach initiative. This position will also serve in a secondary supporting marketing role for football, men’s and women’s basketball, and baseball. A bachelor’s degree is required. This position will receive a $1,000 monthly stipend and report directly to the Assistant Athletic Director of Marketing. This position will also work closely with the Associate Athletic Director for External Affairs. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Submit cover letter, resume with 3 references, and unofficial transcript, by email only to jluksis@latech.edu. Louisiana Tech University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer
    Looks like a good job for a Grad student. Sounds easy.

Champ dawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to beholddawgs1 is a splendid one to behold dawgs1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    You are correct. Don't you love it when someone tells you that?

Just letting Dawgs1 know a position is open. Doesn't pay much . . . but the experience one would get! (sorry, my older age doesn't think much of this intern approach used these days after watching what was expected of the last person in this position vs. the compen$ation).

I Hope my comments were not mis-interpreted. Tech needs to hire a marketing guru (or asssitant guru) from another BCS program or a larger city (preferably an alumnus). Then, under the direction of the A.D., allow that individual to coordinate with professors from our College of Business to participate & help select a number of students for "unpaid" internships in varous areas as outlined by the marketing professional. Spirit & other groups at the University should also be called on to lend there voice, expertise & help. This is not "rocket science." Has been going on for years at other colleges. Students need to have a stake in the process or this will never work. The students must have somebody with marketing expertise to guide the entire operation. Pay this person & fund his/her operations well.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawgs1 View Post
    I Hope my comments were not mis-interpreted. Tech needs to hire a marketing guru (or asssitant guru) from another BCS program or a larger city (preferably an alumnus). Then, under the direction of the A.D., allow that individual to coordinate with professors from our College of Business to participate & help select a number of students for "unpaid" internships in varous areas as outlined by the marketing professional. Spirit & other groups at the University should also be called on to lend there voice, expertise & help. This is not "rocket science." Has been going on for years at other colleges. Students need to have a stake in the process or this will never work. The students must have somebody with marketing expertise to guide the entire operation. Pay this person & fund his/her operations well.
    Some of the students have been called upon for help. Not any with marketing xp tho.

Puppy ntruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her gamentruppel is on top of his/her game ntruppel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    A video of it floated around our section
    Does anyone have any kind of video of the Kyser incident? I know nobody was really focused on what was going on on that side of the court.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ntruppel View Post
    Does anyone have any kind of video of the Kyser incident? I know nobody was really focused on what was going on on that side of the court.
    Ask anyone in 107. Someone is apparently videoing everything possible with their smart phone. . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by ntruppel View Post
    I don't have it Greg Grambling might -

It was pretty obvious from the video we saw Thursday
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Puppy greggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the roughgreggrambling is a jewel in the rough greggrambling's Avatar

My 32 year veteran of section 107, Row A, Kathy (formerly Kincannon) was sent a video from someone on the end of the floor where the incident took place. As Dwayne said, it was pretty obvious that Michael "sinned" with great vigor on the play. I'm not sure if she kept the video. We were commenting last night that we may be the only two original seat owners left in section 107. Can anybody think of others who have been there since the beginning?

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greggrambling View Post
    We were commenting last night that we may be the only two original seat owners left in section 107. Can anybody think of others who have been there since the beginning?
    Not me, but I'm close. I spent the first 2 years of the TAC in section 210 right behind section 107. Then I wised up and moved into section 107.

Maybe Sandy S. has been in the section the whole time. Her husband sat courtside for years before moving into 107.

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

The showed the incident during the broadcast of the Marshall game. I was wrong. It was a legitimate flagrant 2.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar

It's not like Sec 107 makes these things up -

We just happen to sit in the best section in the TAC

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

After the two technical foul shots following the flagrant 2 call, the clock was restored to 1.2 seconds remaining in the half. No problems with the call, except to say that poor officiating may have contributed to Kyser's frustration. That's no excuse, however, for the action taken. I agree with ejection and suspension for flagrant 2 fouls.

However, I don't understand why the inbound play was on Charlotte's end of the court. Normally after a technical on the other end, the officials inbound it on the other end. The inbound play on Charlotte's end gave Charlotte a reasonable opportunity for two more points.

I didn't think about this until after the inbound play resulted in a missed shot. There might be some rule I don't know or forgot, but it's probably another mistake by a very inconsistent crew.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    It's not like Sec 107 makes these things up -

We just happen to sit in the best section in the TAC
    I noticed one of 107's members allowed others to sit in his seats vs. Marshall. He came up to the blue seats and sat with some more folks he brought to the game. That guy is a true fan!

BTW, two of the officials vs. Marshall were the worst yet.

Yep -

They just keep getting worse...

+ Reply to Thread