+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Immigration Attorney

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Immigration Attorney

Is anyone an immigration attorney and/or familiar with the VISA process? More specifically, I would like to know about sponsorship of a citizen of the Philippines who would like to immigrate to the US. I know that the Immigration Service must be petitioned and that an Affidavit of Support must be approved. My question is if a person wants to bring someone to the US, can they find out if they qualify as a sponsor prior to commencing the VISA application process?

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

Re: Immigration Attorney

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Is anyone an immigration attorney and/or familiar with the VISA process? More specifically, I would like to know about sponsorship of a citizen of the Philippines who would like to immigrate to the US. I know that the Immigration Service must be petitioned and that an Affidavit of Support must be approved. My question is if a person wants to bring someone to the US, can they find out if they qualify as a sponsor prior to commencing the VISA application process?
    Are you related to them? Planning to become so? Bringing them in to work? To go to school?

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Immigration Attorney

Quote Originally Posted by inudesu View Post
    Are you related to them? Planning to become so? Bringing them in to work? To go to school?
    None of the above. The story is I know someone who wants to marry a Filipino and bring them to the States. They asked my opinion, which is that it is ridiculous to consider (knowing this fellas work history, priorities, etc). I said he should at least find out if he meets the criteria to prove to the Immigration Service that he could support her. I don't know if one can find that out prior to going through the VISA process. That is what I want to know.

2003 BB&B Basketball Pick 'Em Champion inudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond reputeinudesu has a reputation beyond repute inudesu's Avatar

+ Reply to Thread