+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bracketology

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

Bracketology

I realize this is one guy's opinion and shouldn't be weighed too heavily, but really?? Putting 2 C-USA teams in the bracket is a great start, but does this guy even do his research? Placing Old Dominion, a 9-9 team with a 176 RPI in the field at all is a complete joke! As far as I can see, only Southern Miss and Tech are C-USA teams that have RPI's in the top 100, but of course he omits us because of lack of research...

Here's the link!

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Bracketology

He's got us down in the Next Four Out. His "research" is probably based on 1) beating OU and 2) losing to OkSt

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TruDawg View Post
    I realize this is one guy's opinion and shouldn't be weighed too heavily, but really?? Putting 2 C-USA teams in the bracket is a great start, but does this guy even do his research? Placing Old Dominion, a 9-9 team with a 176 RPI in the field at all is a complete joke! As far as I can see, only Southern Miss and Tech are C-USA teams that have RPI's in the top 100, but of course he omits us because of lack of research...

Here's the link!

Nothing to do with lack of research. He puts the conference leader in with the auto bid every week for every conference. For C-USA, Old Dominion is in first place as the only undefeated team so they get in by default. We are in a five-way tie for 2nd place.

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

Fair enough… I see he simply copy and pastes the current conference champion in instead of trying to determine who will win each league. Still a little frustrating to see ODU in over us, but hopefully we will win out and there be no question on whether or not we deserve a bid.

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

Jerry Palm on CBSSports.com does some good tournament projections too. I believe he has flipped Southern Miss and us after the loss.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

If I were handicapping right now I would put CUSA down for two teams -

UTEP

then

Tech or USM

Due to the fact the tourney is at the Don Haskins Center
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ rockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond reputerockdog has a reputation beyond repute

In Jerry Palm's latest projections, he has us as a first four out...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/bracketology

If we continue to take care of business, it will take care of itself. I think CUSA could get two teams in the field though. If Tech and Southern Miss run the table and play for the conference championship, I think we both make it in without question. I may have to eat those words. I also see Dwayne's point too. I think UTEP is playing pretty good ball, and since they host, they could steal a spot as well. Charlotte, UAB, Tulsa, Middle Tennessee, and ODU could get hot in the tournament too.

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TruDawg View Post

Here's the link!

So he is saying ODU wins the CUSA tourney and USM gets an at large? That's crazy, I agree with DFM, at this point, if he is going to show 2 CUSA teams in the dance it should be 2 of the following three: La Tech, USM or UTEP.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LaTechRandy View Post
    So he is saying ODU wins the CUSA tourney and USM gets an at large? That's crazy, I agree with DFM, at this point, if he is going to show 2 CUSA teams in the dance it should be 2 of the following three: La Tech, USM or UTEP.
    Let me see us play ODU first, and THEN I'll tell you.:icon_wink:

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

You don't have to worry about Old Dominion being in Lunardi's bracket next week. Tech and Southern Miss are now tied for 1st at 5-1. He should have Southern Miss in there because they hold the seeding tie-breaker over us.

2005 Bowl Confidence Contest Champion LaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the roughLaTechRandy is a jewel in the rough LaTechRandy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    You don't have to worry about Old Dominion being in Lunardi's bracket next week. Tech and Southern Miss are now tied for 1st at 5-1. He should have Southern Miss in there because they hold the seeding tie-breaker over us.
    Not to mention USM's RPI is 40, ours is 75 and ODU is 168. We still have some work to do...too bad the unbalanced conference schedule doesn't give us another shot at USM in the TAC.

Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough

If you watch the game on TV. The commentators mention several times about are low RPI and how we schedule based on last year results, (which is the only way to schedule, I guess). They said the only way we get in is winning the Conference tourney

Not to mention USM's RPI is 40, ours is 75 and ODU is 168. We still have some work to do...too bad the unbalanced conference schedule doesn't give us another shot at USM in the TAC.
    Sure. But my point is that every week Lunardi assigns the automatic bid for every conference to the team that would be the #1 seed if the conference tournament began that day. Lunardi's auto bids should never be a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Sure. But my point is that every week Lunardi assigns the automatic bid for every conference to the team that would be the #1 seed if the conference tournament began that day. Lunardi's auto bids should never be a surprise.
    He did not follow that on his current one though. Since he has ODU as a 15 seed, that tells me he thought ODU would win the CUSA tourney as an at large would not get a seed so low. The 12 seed for USM indicates they would get an at large. ODU certainly would not be the #1 seed in El Paso when he put the current bracket together.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

He did not follow that on his current one though. Since he has ODU as a 15 seed, that tells me he thought ODU would win the CUSA tourney as an at large would not get a seed so low. The 12 seed for USM indicates they would get an at large. ODU certainly would not be the #1 seed in El Paso when he put the current bracket together.
    Before Thursday ODU had the best record, making it the presumed C-USA #1 seed and tournament winner getting the auto-bid. That is no longer the case now. USM will be in that position on the next update.

My bracketology take through 1/25 games based on predicted RPIs....

16 conferences are getting 1 bid no matter what...
    America East, A-Sun, Big Sky, Big South, Big West, CAA, MAAC, MEAC, NEC, OVC, Patriot, Southern, SLC, SBC, SWAC, and WAC.

10 conferences are getting at least 2 bids for sure...
    ACC--5 locks, possible 6
    AAC--4 locks, possible 5
    A10--4 locks, possible 5
    Big 12--5 locks, possible 6
    Big East--3 locks, possible 4
    Big Ten--6 locks, 7 if a team outside that group wins in Chicago
    MWC--2 locks, possible 3
    Pac 12--3 locks, possible 4
    $EC--2 locks, possibly up to 4
    WCC--3 locks, 4 if a team outside that group wins in Vegas

The other six conferences will get either 1 or 2 bids depending on conference tournaments with the predicted best RPI team listed...
    C-USA--USM
    Horizon--Green Bay
    Ivy--Harvard
    MAC--Toledo, with Eastern Michigan also on the bubble
    MVC--Wichita State, with Indiana State also a likely lock if it makes the final in St. Louis
    Summit--Nortn Dakota State

There are 52 bids left after the 16 definite 1-bid leagues are removed. I see at least 37 NCAA locks in the definite multi-bid leagues, and those conferences will total a minimum of 40 bids (maximum possible 46) since the other six conferences won't have more than 12 total.

From Tech's standpoint right now, to get into at-large consideration it must sweep the rest of its games and get to the final in El Paso. Otherwise, I don't see Tech getting in unless it brings home the trophy from El Paso. The UL-L loss took away the extra margin of error that Tech might have had in conference play.

+ Reply to Thread