+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Campus Master Plan (map and survey participation)

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

LaTech Campus Master Plan (map and survey participation)

the campus master-plan is underway. They are engaging current students and faculty to give their perspective on their experience of the campus and its facilities.

While, they didn't have an alumni box to check, I participated in the survey/map from my memories as a student.

I suggest if anyone wants to have input to the process, this would be the perfect opportunity!

ATTENTION LOUISIANA TECH STUDENTS: Would you like to leave a lasting mark on the campus and to help shape the future of Louisiana Tech University? Here’s your chance!

Louisiana Tech has launched a Master Plan Study that will provide a roadmap for forming the future of the physical campus. The following is a link to a brief survey that will ask for answers to questions such as “Where do you study,” “Where do you socialize”, and “Where do you eat?”

Please click on the link below to begin and thank you in advance for your participation!

http://myc.staging.sasakistrategies....anches/latech/

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Campus Master Plan (map and survey participation)

Dan Reneau Drive? When did that happen?

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think my input counted for much I don't get around much these days. Altho I am concerned that when it rains the sidewalk in front of the bookstore turns into a 5" lake.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I submitted a survey. I put a lot of emphasis on safety and beautification along the area of California Ave.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by qng001 View Post
    I submitted a survey. I put a lot of emphasis on safety and beautification along the area of California Ave.
    Didn't even think about that but yea, great point. Not exactly a scenic route.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't Cal. Ave. Highway 80 in front of the campus. Used to be the main entrance was overt here but with Exit 84 and Tech Drive the north side seems more like the main entrance especially since the campus has really grown in that direction across the RR tracks and along Alabama. Probabaly need better signage or something besides the RR overpass to make it so.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

I ended up with a lot of landscaping and traffic calming suggestions. I'm surprised, or a little disappointed, that they haven't made a strong effort to get input from alumni. Top suggestions:

- Complete the connection to downtown. It needs to be extended to the railroad park (if possible) and back to the west to the pedestrian bridge. I didn't say this, but we need a walkway from downtown to the dorms that is ideal for your average college student who has been drinking that night.

- Get with DOTD to install a roundabout at Tech Drive and Alabama.

- Landscape the hell out of Tech Drive.

- Use a pavement saw to cut landscaping islands for trees in the stadium parking lot.

- RV spots around the lake.

- Convert one of the older dorms that they are looking to decommission into lodging for visitors like Cook Hotel at LSU. Cook hotel may be out of our range, but before that, LSU used a 1940 era building for the same purpose that looked pretty good.

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post
    I ended up with a lot of landscaping and traffic calming suggestions. I'm surprised, or a little disappointed, that they haven't made a strong effort to get input from alumni. Top suggestions:

- Complete the connection to downtown. It needs to be extended to the railroad park (if possible) and back to the west to the pedestrian bridge. I didn't say this, but we need a walkway from downtown to the dorms that is ideal for your average college student who has been drinking that night.

- Use a pavement saw to cut landscaping islands for trees in the stadium parking lot.

- Convert one of the older dorms that they are looking to decommission into lodging for visitors like Cook Hotel at LSU. Cook hotel may be out of our range, but before that, LSU used a 1940 era building for the same purpose that looked pretty good.
    Very good suggestions...I especially like a renewed commitment to landscaping of the campus and the conversion of an older dorm to a hotel for visitors to The University.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RougeDawg View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if they come back and survey alumni after this; it makes more sense to separate the groups (i.e. those who live and use it everyday vs. visitors). You can design to both but if you mix the survey's up and don't categorize them right then you could end up with a mish-mash that doesn't make anyone happy. So I would suggest if you aren't Faculty or Student to not fill this out, or if you do think with the mindset of what you experienced at Tech...

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    Isn't Cal. Ave. Highway 80 in front of the campus. Used to be the main entrance was overt here but with Exit 84 and Tech Drive the north side seems more like the main entrance especially since the campus has really grown in that direction across the RR tracks and along Alabama. Probabaly need better signage or something besides the RR overpass to make it so.
    California Avenue (Highway 80) borders the southern edge of the main campus. The "main entrance" from California onto Adams Drive leads to the older part of the campus dating back to the 1940s (Keeny Hall, Howard Auditorium, Bogard Hall, etc.).

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post
    Very good suggestions...I especially like a renewed commitment to landscaping of the campus and the conversion of an older dorm to a hotel for visitors to The University.
    Paging Champ967. Paging Champ967.

If the parking is redone around Joe Aillet Stadium, I'd like to see more trees and landscaping around the boundaries of the parking lots and at the ends of some of the parking rows. It would look better than the sea of gray and provide shade before the home games in September and October.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    Paging Champ967. Paging Champ967.
    having a good cry ...

Louisiana Tech plans for skate park

Havent heard much about the master plan recently.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

For people to "safely skate"?

What a novel idea.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Poisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the roughPoisso3 is a jewel in the rough Poisso3's Avatar
    Ellisville, MO (30 miles West of St. Louis)

Hello, and welcome to the 1990s...

+ Reply to Thread