+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Campus Master Plan (map and survey participation)

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Re: Campus Master Plan (map and survey participation)

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    The "main entrance" from California onto Adams Drive leads to the older part of the campus dating back to the 1940s (Keeny Hall, Howard Auditorium, Bogard Hall, etc.).
    Before that, the main entrance was through the brick columns on Railroad Avenue at the Everett Street bridge. The historical marker there has been missing for several years now.

Champ roughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to beholdroughedge is a splendid one to behold roughedge's Avatar

Rename Stadium Boulevard "Terry Bradshaw Boulevard."

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by roughedge View Post
    Before that, the main entrance was through the brick columns on Railroad Avenue at the Everett Street bridge. The historical marker there has been missing for several years now.
    I guess it made sense to have the "Main Entrance" off California, but it just led up to the end of Keeny. Of course you could turn left and go up by the student center on what is now the Alumni Walk. It made for bad traffic. Coming from downtown Ruston the streets made a U at the back/basement of Keeny. I guess they still do. I was always coming from south of Ruston so I didn't use the I-20 exit and Tech Drive. Sometimes we would go all the way to where Tech Drive interesected California and then up to the dorms. I don't believe it was called Tech Drive where it met California. Since I didn't have a car I didn't drive around campus much, and if you lived in the dorms it was discouraged anyway. I guess I will complain forever about walking all the way from Nielson to the EE Building (Niethken?) for a 7:30 class. I had friends who lived in the trailer park just up the street from campus who were much closer to classes than I was.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

At least a skate park will hopefully keep the skate punks off the seal.

Champ The Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond reputeThe Historian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    At least a skate park will hopefully keep the skate punks off the seal.
    Is the seal wearing in some way? Why keep them off it?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Out of respect . . . .?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by The Historian View Post
    Is the seal wearing in some way? Why keep them off it?
    Are you serious?

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Are you serious?
    The location of the seal was a crosswalk over Arizona St until 1994.

And it wasn't associated with the bulldog legend until sometime after 2000.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Every tradition does not have to be centuries old. My understanding is it's important to current students and those of recent years.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Every tradition does not have to be centuries old. My understanding is it's important to current students and those of recent years.
    Oh, I totally respect that. I enjoy the new tradition and understand its importance to recent grads.

I only meant to to explain why a old timer (eg. Historian) might not feel that same connection to the Tech seal in the Plaza.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

Nothing to do with the bulldog burial lie, just respect for a symbol of your university. Admittedly, I would love to see it done in something besides the bathroom tile's it is currently made from... Imagine a huge bronze/metal seal with the Tech Tenants around the ring that would be sweet.

If you don't know the Tech Tenants it was started 5-6 years ago maybe even longer they are CONFIDENCE | EXCELLENCE | COMMITMENT | KNOWLEDGE | INTEGRITY | RESPECTLEADERSHIP | LOYALTY | ENTHUSIASM | CARING | HOPE | PRIDE

http://www.latech.edu/fye/tenets.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Nothing to do with the bulldog burial lie, just respect for a symbol of your university. Admittedly, I would love to see it done in something besides the bathroom tile's it is currently made from... Imagine a huge bronze/metal seal with the Tech Tenants around the ring that would be sweet.

If you don't know the Tech Tenants it was started 5-6 years ago maybe even longer they are CONFIDENCE | EXCELLENCE | COMMITMENT | KNOWLEDGE | INTEGRITY | RESPECTLEADERSHIP | LOYALTY | ENTHUSIASM | CARING | HOPE | PRIDE

http://www.latech.edu/fye/tenets.shtml
    Metal would indeed be cool but it has a good effect with the color, I think. I like what you said about the tenants.

There are two groups of students: one that values the seal for what it represents, and dont step on it as a sign of respect to the university it represents. The other doesn't give a s*** about the seal (and often about Tech either unfortunately).

I don't believe that the Bulldog is buried there but its a neat mini-legend.

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know anything about the seal, but if it's on the ground in the middle of a heavy traffic area it's going to get walked on wih no disrespect intended. Maybe it should be moved.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Metal would indeed be cool but it has a good effect with the color, I think. I like what you said about the tenants.

There are two groups of students: one that values the seal for what it represents, and dont step on it as a sign of respect to the university it represents. The other doesn't give a s*** about the seal (and often about Tech either unfortunately).

I don't believe that the Bulldog is buried there but its a neat mini-legend.
    I would posit their's a third group, those you have realized the thing is slicker than owl shit when wet and avoid it for safety reasons! I've seen plenty of Freshmen Engineering students running from Caruthers/Neilson hit that thing with a little bit of morning dew on it or girls running to their dorms to get of the rain and go flying. Good for a laugh every time!

Could do a combination, remove the tiles, go back with stained concrete center (blue and red) with a bronze ring around it with the tenets... sweeeeet

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    I would posit their's a third group, those you have realized the thing is slicker than owl shit when wet and avoid it for safety reasons! I've seen plenty of Freshmen Engineering students running from Caruthers/Neilson hit that thing with a little bit of morning dew on it or girls running to their dorms to get of the rain and go flying. Good for a laugh every time!

Could do a combination, remove the tiles, go back with stained concrete center (blue and red) with a bronze ring around it with the tenets... sweeeeet
    "Receiving in themselves the penalty for their error"

That sounds very good to me as well. I've always thought it would be good to have a plaque right there explaining that we don't walk on it and why, for the sake of visitors (and uninformed students).

+ Reply to Thread