+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Campus Master Plan (map and survey participation)

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Re: Campus Master Plan (map and survey participation)

I walked from the Hut to the other side of the campus my 4 years in college.

How's the lot in the Hut? Is it at max capacity? That's not a bad walk from my experience.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    IMO, here's the important stuff:

Monday afternoon was a kick-off meeting to plan for the collaborations between Computer Sciences Corporation, CIC representatives, and Tech faculty in the new partnership resulting from CSC’s commitment to build a new Integrated Technology Center in Bossier City and bring at least 800 high-tech jobs to NW Louisiana. Thirty-five CSC employees, including several senior executives, were on campus for three days in intense meetings with our faculty discussing our curricula and other aspects of the partnership.
    This is the kind of investment that north Louisiana needs. Jobs, jobs, jobs.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

I also like this from the article:

On Thursday morning, several of our faculty, staff and students boarded the Tech bus to head to the Cyber Innovation Center in Bossier City to participate in the groundbreaking of the new CSC Integrated Technology Center. It was nice to see so many people from the Shreveport/Bossier community there and also to get a glimpse of the images of the 115,000 sf high-tech building. This will serve as a great work environment for many of our students and graduates. It will also have a major economic impact for NW Louisiana and the entire I-20 corridor, anchored on each end by a major Technology Center (CenturyLink and CSC) and supported in the middle by Louisiana Tech.
    Woohoo......NOW you're talking!!!!

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

We don't need more housing (debt) on-campus. Private enterprise has done a good job the last few years bordering the campus.

I continue to ask . . . do we need to do more investment in the online education model?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    We don't need more housing (debt) on-campus. Private enterprise has done a good job the last few years bordering the campus.

I continue to ask . . . do we need to do more investment in the online education model?
    That's fine but Tech needs to adjust/relax their rules for students living on campus, it used to take an act of congress or just outright lying to get off campus.

http://www.latech.edu/students/resid...q/policy.shtml
    All unmarried, full-time, undergraduate students are required to reside on campus as long as space is available. Applications for exemption from the on-campus residency requirements may be obtained from the Office of Student Life. Residence hall accommodations are operated on a room and board plan: All undergraduate students living on-campus must pay for both services.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    That's fine but Tech needs to adjust/relax their rules for students living on campus, it used to take an act of congress or just outright lying to get off campus.

http://www.latech.edu/students/resid...q/policy.shtml
    I think all freshmen need to start their college careers living on campus, unless they are local/commuter.

Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar

Absolutely.

Champ odysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the roughodysseus is a jewel in the rough

How does on-campus housing equate to more debt? When I was a student (2006-2010), the dorms were about $700 per quarter, and the apartments ranged from $1100 to $1500. That's including all utilities and cable/internet. I don't think private enterprise can compete with that.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus View Post
    How does on-campus housing equate to more debt? When I was a student (2006-2010), the dorms were about $700 per quarter, and the apartments ranged from $1100 to $1500. That's including all utilities and cable/internet. I don't think private enterprise can compete with that.
    I assumed he or she meant debt for the university, not for students.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Apparently Dr. Guice doesn't agree;

http://guiceblog.latech.edu/2014/11/...oss-the-state/

Thursday morning included meetings with my Communications Director Dave Guerin and another one with VP Jim King and some architects regarding new on-campus housing for students. Our master planning team gave us some excellent guidance that we are now taking to the next level as we assess the needs and economics of additional student housing. I am very pleased with the direction that this is heading and believe that the housing will be highly supportive of our goals for growth and first-year educational experiences.It is also a product of our campus-wide commitment to our strategic plan (Tech 2020) and to grow our enrollment to 15,000 by 2020.

+ Reply to Thread