+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 7355 is listed crowd

Champ Gooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond reputeGooddawg has a reputation beyond repute Gooddawg's Avatar

Re: 7355 is listed crowd

I didn't remember the TT game having that many, we may have fudged a little on that one to get 7k. By the looks of that one pic it doesn't look like that many. Before the announced attendance I figured 25 empty seats up top per section and there are 30 blue sections so that would make it just about right with announced atttendance. We have to figure out a way to duplicate this more than once and this needs to be a focus every year. DFM is right, economic impact had to be HUGE for local businesses Saturday. Pontchatoulas was packed at 4:30 and people were waiting all over the place at 6 when I left.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Gooddawg View Post
    I didn't remember the TT game having that many, we may have fudged a little on that one to get 7k. By the looks of that one pic it doesn't look like that many. Before the announced attendance I figured 25 empty seats up top per section and there are 30 blue sections so that would make it just about right with announced atttendance. We have to figure out a way to duplicate this more than once and this needs to be a focus every year. DFM is right, economic impact had to be HUGE for local businesses Saturday. Pontchatoulas was packed at 4:30 and people were waiting all over the place at 6 when I left.
    I agree with your assessment of empty seats up top, and there were empties in the red also. But since the TAC seats under 7,600, the actual crowd was in the mid-to-high 6K range (6600-6800).

Not counting sideline chair seating...

Courtside (sections 01-03, 09-13, 18-19)--272 seats
    Red seats (sections 101-119)--1,908 seats
    Blue seats (sections 201-232)--5,398 seats

Total including 48 seats covered by the film deck behind the press area--7,578

Varsity Bulldog trenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of lighttrenteverett is a glorious beacon of light

You say it seats 7,578. LATechsports.com says 8,000 and Wikipedia says 8,098. Why the difference? Just curious.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trenteverett View Post
    You say it seats 7,578. LATechsports.com says 8,000 and Wikipedia says 8,098. Why the difference? Just curious.
    My guess is the "assembly center" seats more folks that the basketball arena.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by trenteverett View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    My guess is the "assembly center" seats more folks that the basketball arena.
    I have an official chart of the seating area from when the building opened, and the number of seats in each section is verified. DFM has a copy of the chart that I sent to him several years ago.

The building has never had more than 7,578 permanent seats, and as I stated above 48 of those are not available to be used. Since there have been no renovations in the seating area, those numbers have not changed.

I have seen the capacity falsely listed as high as 8,578, and this was by the same administration that ordered attendance figures in the last years in Memorial Gym to be announced at 6000+ when it could barely hold 5000. The fire marshal put a stop to those lies, so 4800 became the maximum crowd figure that could be announced.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

And, those SROs who stand along the midway wall and never take a seat?

PS-At ElEssEwe's baseball Box, SRO along the baseline bleachers halfway walk is defined by a yellow line painted 18 inches away from the back. Stand out of that area and you're told to move along.
    Using this type guideline, students admitted as general admission on IDs the TAC capacity can easily reach the 8000 plateau. Thanks, I'll be here all week.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

+ Reply to Thread