+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: You don't say - LSUS

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: You don't say - LSUS

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    But there is no doubt that Shreveport will suffer from this.
    And Tech. Honestly, I don't see any way to fix the political imbalance or the public brainwashed support of LSUA&M.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Not gonna happen.

One application... One curriculum... One accreditation... But different admissions requirements for each campus... Each campus will have some autonomy, but each campus won't be an autonomous institution...
    Can't happen that way, and it's not a state thing, if they are using one accreditation then it's a SACs issue. They have to be the same across the board, right now each campus is individually accredited.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Can't happen that way, and it's not a state thing, if they are using one accreditation then it's a SACs issue. They have to be the same across the board, right now each campus is individually accredited.
    The LSU folks believe it is happening that way. SACS does allow for one accreditation for a university with several campuses.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 01-30-2014 at 02:52 PM.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

The LSU folks believe it is happening that way. SACS does allow for one accreditation for a university with several campuses.
    Yes but they all must follow the same admissions and catalog.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

I knew the "One LSU" people wanted to have a common curriculum and course numbering system for all parts of the LSU System (LSU-BR, LSU-S, LSU-A, etc.)

Here's the link to the LSU 2015 (One LSU) website. It contains all the meeting minutes and presentations of the LSU Transition Advisory Team.

http://sites01.lsu.edu/wp/lsu2015/

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

They could get around this by lowering their general admission requirements and raising requirements within specific programs (e.g., the premier programs at LSU-BR). Though I doubt they'd want to do that because it would be reported nationally as lowering their admission requirements--that would make their "flagship" status pretty ridiculous.

http://www.advanc-ed.org/webfm_send/16

5.03 Extension or Branch Campuses

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    They could get around this by lowering their general admission requirements and raising requirements within specific programs (e.g., the premier programs at LSU-BR). Though I doubt they'd want to do that because it would be reported nationally as lowering their admission requirements--that would make their "flagship" status pretty ridiculous.
    Can LSU do this? I thought the admission standards for a university was for the entire university regardless of major.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Admissions are set/tied to funding and the Board of Regents won't let them lower:

http://regents.louisiana.gov/wp-cont...ised_04-12.pdf

Pg 51 for LSU's role

http://www.laperc.org/

For the final report and recommendations everything is based off of.

From the Shreveport Times: Meet the LSUS Chancellor finalists

www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140210/NEWS0402/302100008/Meet-LSUS-chancellor-finalists

Identify three steps or changes to make LSUS more competitive in recruiting students in north Louisiana’s competitive higher education market.

Brian McGee: I think the challenge for LSUS is it’s the newest of the public universities. It should be the dominant university because it’s part of the flagship university system. Right now there is a perception that LSUS is just another comprehensive university.

It’s about telling the story and more tightly linking LSUS to the mission, quality and success of the flagship, which is the LSU 2015 vision. That is one of the major documents and changes that influenced me to apply for this job. I worked at (the University of Louisiana at Monroe) 20 years ago.

When I left north Louisiana, I remember telling friends that the university that ought to be on the rise is LSUS. I’m quite optimistic in what LSUS can achieve, not just regionally but in competing statewide.
    Robert C. Mock, Jr.: I would leverage the fact that we are intimately connected and tied to the land grant flagship institution. I think that is one of the things I would try to highlight. We are so intimately connected to the Tiger Nation.

Varsity Bulldog solo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the roughsolo1001 is a jewel in the rough

McGee's wife was in the speech dept at LA Tech when I was a student

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    From the Shreveport Times: Meet the LSUS Chancellor finalists

www.shreveporttimes.com/article/20140210/NEWS0402/302100008/Meet-LSUS-chancellor-finalists

Identify three steps or changes to make LSUS more competitive in recruiting students in north Louisiana’s competitive higher education market.

Champ967's hypothetical answer:
    North Louisiana has a unique identity all its own, with a culture and an economy related to, but distinct from, the rest of the state. LSUS is well positioned to articulate that unique identity and work with like-minded institutions to develop a comprehensive approach to this region's specific economic needs. I also think we should take a cue from UNO, and have serious conversation about rebranding ourselves as the University of Shreveport -- still sharing a system with the flagship, but fully embracing our role as North Louisiana's metropolitan university.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

"We are so intimately connected to the Tiger Nation." #PilotPride

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Ms. Boze contacted me via LinkedIn about a year ago....maybe a little less. Anyway, I accepted but couldn't figure out why the President of The College of the Bahamas wanted to open communication with me. I soon learned why.

I, personally, don't think trying to link LSUS to LSUBR is gonna work. Mostly because BR still doesn't give a rat's azz about Shreveport. Like ANY university LSUS has to build its own reputation and success. Leaning on the empty promises of BR will spell doom for LSUS. Just my not-so-humble opinion.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

"We are so intimately connected to the Tiger Nation." #PilotPride
    They are...... They are getting screwed by a tiger.......

+ Reply to Thread