+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: You don't say - LSUS

Champ revf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond reputerevf has a reputation beyond repute revf's Avatar

Re: You don't say - LSUS

Where is Dawg80 for the Shreveport masses?

The Tech-LSUS thing is dead. No way paper tigers were ever going to let it happen. They would see LSUS closed before they let Tech come in.

I think if I were focused now it would on the fastest growing university in Shreveport-Bossier...BPCC

Tech could work the same arrangements that LSU is doing with admissions and transfers with BPCC. Establish better partnerships, shared instructors, curriculum, etc...

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Each campus will be able to keep their own unique admissions requirements. There will be one single application for all of their campuses. Students will rank their campus preferences when they apply, and then they will be matched to a campus (or rejected) based on their application. After successfully completing two years at any regional campus, students will be able to seamlessly transfer to the flagship campus (or any other campus) if they wish.

They won't demote these 4-year universities to jucos like Stray is suggesting. Not gonna happen.
    And where, pray tell, are you getting all this wonderful information?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by revf View Post
    Where is Dawg80 for the Shreveport masses?

The Tech-LSUS thing is dead. No way paper tigers were ever going to let it happen. They would see LSUS closed before they let Tech come in.

I think if I were focused now it would on the fastest growing university in Shreveport-Bossier...BPCC

Tech could work the same arrangements that LSU is doing with admissions and transfers with BPCC. Establish better partnerships, shared instructors, curriculum, etc...
    My Pilot garb is blue & yellow and I ain't changing to no puke purple.

I do, however, have NSU purple, which is a deeper/richer purple than that crap lspoo wears.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

The problem with LSU keeping LSUS in its place and out of our hands is that A&M-Texarkana is coming on strong. They already have EE, CS, Accounting, and the MBA, amongst other degree programs. They are well funded and have a nice new campus. We are now competing with them for Shreveport's better students. UT-Tyler is in the mix too.

On another note, the new admissions standards for regional universities will have an interesting effect this fall. Expect ULM, LSUS, and NSU to drop in enrollment.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

[QUOTE=LT;1412300]We are now competing with them for Shreveport's better students. UT-Tyler is in the mix too.[QUOTE]

You think we lose Shreveport's better students to these schools? Do they like paying full tuition?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    And where, pray tell, are you getting all this wonderful information?
    Sources.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Border county/parish tuition rates are competitive. Better students can land scholarships too.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

I have a BS in Accounting from LSU-S

Simply due to the fact Tech refused to offer the courses to non-traditional students at night like Shreveport did
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    The S is silent!!! Especially after graduation. I swear I have never heard of anyone say they graduated from LSUS........and now we know!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    . . . cueing DeeWayne in 3.......2.........1......
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
    I have a BS in Accounting from LSU-S

Simply due to the fact Tech refused to offer the courses to non-traditional students at night like Shreveport did
    Sorry, folks, took longer than I expected.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    The problem with LSU keeping LSUS in its place and out of our hands is that A&M-Texarkana is coming on strong. They already have EE, CS, Accounting, and the MBA, amongst other degree programs. They are well funded and have a nice new campus. We are now competing with them for Shreveport's better students. UT-Tyler is in the mix too.

On another note, the new admissions standards for regional universities will have an interesting effect this fall. Expect ULM, LSUS, and NSU to drop in enrollment.
    The enrollment of LSU-Shreveport dropped by 10% from Fall 2012 to Fall 2013.

Champ stodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond reputestodgdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Each campus will be able to keep their own unique admissions requirements. There will be one single application for all of their campuses. Students will rank their campus preferences when they apply, and then they will be matched to a campus (or rejected) based on their application. After successfully completing two years at any regional campus, students will be able to seamlessly transfer to the flagship campus (or any other campus) if they wish.

They won't demote these 4-year universities to jucos like Stray is suggesting. Not gonna happen.
    Would transitioning the schools to JUCOs save the state money? I would certainly think it would but by % of their budgets I have no idea. Anyone?

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Border county/parish tuition rates are competitive. Better students can land scholarships too.
    The better students get TOPS right off the bat. Then they should get some of the same additional scholarships. Curious how any out of state school can compete with that.

Champ GermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond reputeGermDawg has a reputation beyond repute GermDawg's Avatar

Thing is if they make the leap of putting LSUS into a true satellite of LSU-BR (i.e. it's treated as the same institution just buildings are reaaaallly far away) then LSUS has to change it's enrollment critieria to meet LSU-BR's, which are the highest in the state (public institution), it'll kill enrollment and Rep. Barbara Norton will rail against it and how her constituents are being denied access to 4-year college higher ed. Long-term I could see them basically turning LSUS into the LSUHSC/AG, mainly R&D, and no real 4-year college/undergrad presence.

Guice has already said Shreveport is a priority and will remain so, I think we'll be positioned nicely to fill the gap as LSUS is slowly destroyed by it's big brother.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermDawg View Post
    Thing is if they make the leap of putting LSUS into a true satellite of LSU-BR (i.e. it's treated as the same institution just buildings are reaaaallly far away) then LSUS has to change it's enrollment critieria to meet LSU-BR's, which are the highest in the state (public institution), it'll kill enrollment and Rep. Barbara Norton will rail against it and how her constituents are being denied access to 4-year college higher ed. Long-term I could see them basically turning LSUS into the LSUHSC/AG, mainly R&D, and no real 4-year college/undergrad presence.

Guice has already said Shreveport is a priority and will remain so, I think we'll be positioned nicely to fill the gap as LSUS is slowly destroyed by it's big brother.
    Not gonna happen.

One application... One curriculum... One accreditation... But different admissions requirements for each campus... Each campus will have some autonomy, but each campus won't be an autonomous institution...

Quote Originally Posted by stodgdog View Post
    Would transitioning the schools to JUCOs save the state money? I would certainly think it would but by % of their budgets I have no idea. Anyone?
    Sure, but that's not gonna happen. Neither LSU nor Shreveport-Bossier would want that to happen. Shreveport is already served by jucos BPCC and SUSLA. This has nothing to do with saving money.

It's primarily about political power. The UNO rebellion and the LaTech-LSUS merger recommendation gave LSU a black eye, which woke up The Tiger. The difference between the "Flagship Coalition" wanting to ditch the regional campuses and "One LSU" wanting to take them over is that the "One LSU" movement gives LSU more power.

After power, the other purposes of One LSU include giving LSU a big boost in various academic rankings, bringing in significantly more research dollars, attracting and retaining better students and faculty, improving their ability to fundraise across the state, creating synergies by bringing the different units together, raising LSU's national reputation, etc.

But there is no doubt that Shreveport will suffer from this.

+ Reply to Thread