+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Super Bowl

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

The Super Bowl

Okay, I've gotten enough messages, I get it. Many of you want to know what I think about the SB. Place your bets....

Here's the deal. Defense wins championships. Seattle is #1 in total D, Denver is #1 in O.

D > O

But! Denver's rush defense is #7, and Seattle depends on the run. So......

if the Broncos contain Seattle's running attack, they can hold them under 20 pts. Maybe as low as 13 or 14 pts. Obviously that means that all Denver needs to do is score 21 and they will be SB champs. I think Manning can hang 21 on Seattle, even against that stout pass defense. I can not/will not assume things will happen. For instance, "what if!" Manning has an off-day? Well, then Denver will probably lose. But, all I can do is assume all aspects of both teams "hold form." That both teams play up to their potential and perform like they have all season long. So....

I'm not sure what the line is, but the final will be:

Denver 21 Seattle 16

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: The Super Bowl

I'll never buy another coke product.

Champ DawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond reputeDawgyNWindow has a reputation beyond repute DawgyNWindow's Avatar

Not so super.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Hope the ratings are bad. They've decided to go to England with a franchise. I'm think I'm done with the NoFunLeague.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

The National a Anthem was nice.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'll never buy another coke product.
    Why?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maverick View Post
    Why?
    Because it doesn't give you cancer.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ T1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond reputeT1 has a reputation beyond repute

#1 Defense: 43
    #1 Offense: 8

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    Yeah, but you've had it explained to you a zillion times, watching a good defensive team is boring.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Man, Denver never showed up at all. Glad I decided, on a little urging from a friend, to actually bet on Seattle instead.

Defense wins championships. This game marked the 5th time in Super Bowl history the #1 D and O hooked up. It's now 4-1 in favor of the D. Hmmm, which #1 O managed a win? need to look that up.

Yeah, I thought Seattle was better. And yeah, I KNEW the NFC was tougher, at least this year. Even thought that any of 6 NFC teams would have beaten Denver last night. In addition to who did, add: Saints, Niners, Panthers, Cardinals, and Packers. And maybe the Eagles too. But, I never imagined the Broncos to completely cave in from the opening whistle. Kept expecting Manning to get the Broncos back into the game. Maybe not come back and win, but at least make Seattle a little nervous. Nope! never happened.

What a dud of a Super Bowl.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

I've always thought Manning was overrated. All he does is throw short passes to pad his stats. He seldom wins the big game.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    I've always thought Manning was overrated. All he does is throw short passes to pad his stats. He seldom wins the big game.
    That loss was not on Manning. Seattle figured out how to get to him and they did. Also, it appears that pass interference is now a relative call. They knew the non-calls were going to happen going in so I blame it on the Denver coaching staff for not making adjustments to protect him.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Liked Bruno Mars and had never heard his music before the game -

I thought Iggy Pop was singing lead for TRHCP's
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T1 View Post
    And the Houston Texans were watching from the couch...

Some of the pundits are, or WERE, trying to cast Peyton Manning as the best QB ever. Even if Denver had won last night, I wasn't buying that hype. Best ever? Really?

Let's see:

Sid Luckman
    Otto Graham
    Sammy Baugh
    Johnny Unitas
    Joe Montana
    John Elway

and even...

Drew Brees
    Dan Marino
    Roger Staubach
    Terry Bradshaw
    Bart Starr
    Tom Brady
    Brett Favre

Feel free to add to the list....

I like Manning. In fact, I like both Peyton and Eli and think they are both very good QBs. They are good. But, "best ever?" Nah!

+ Reply to Thread