+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoop Troop

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Re: Hoop Troop

The worst thing about the Hoop Troop is that the Diget Man isn't there for every game.

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    The worst thing about the Hoop Troop is that the Diget Man isn't there for every game.
    I thought that was the best thing

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

LaTech Re: Hoop Troop

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Brasky View Post
    I typically agree with your style ideas but columbia blue is techster tradition yo.

Those were the days

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I seem to remember back in the 80s the Hoop Troop being so wild that they sometimes got warnings from the refs. They have and continue to be one of the best parts of the Basketball game experience. The librarian is also entertaining.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    I seem to remember back in the 80s the Hoop Troop being so wild that they sometimes got warnings from the refs. They have and continue to be one of the best parts of the Basketball game experience. The librarian is also entertaining.
    Now they're just mostly foul mouthed.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtydawg View Post
    Heard a pretty racy comment the other night. Very funny, but PG13.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

? I must not be hearing what youre hearing.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

Well, it's mainly the top row, and in all fairness, I think someone must have said something to Jim because I haven't heard the one person in particular cursing the refs. And I can't remember it now, but it was a couple of home stands ago, they band did a really off-color cheer on a bad call that I was surprised didn't get a comment on here the next day.

Champ CutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to beholdCutiePie72 is a splendid one to behold

That was the game on TV, whatever that was. We sit near Hoop Troop and heard it plainly. My husband made a face and said, "Geez, and that was on national TV!" It seemed totally out of place and out of character for them to do such.

Quote Originally Posted by CutiePie72 View Post
    That was the game on TV, whatever that was. We sit near Hoop Troop and heard it plainly. My husband made a face and said, "Geez, and that was on national TV!" It seemed totally out of place and out of character for them to do such.
    I think you're right. It was the Marshall game.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

It was the Marshall game. I remember hearing them on TV and thinking "wow, that's not good" but I don't remember exactly what it was that was being said. Hopefully someone can clear it up as to what it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    It was the Marshall game. I remember hearing them on TV and thinking "wow, that's not good" but I don't remember exactly what it was that was being said. Hopefully someone can clear it up as to what it was.
    Great. My 11 yo, overhearing me asking my wife, just informed me he remembers. It was when the refs called a "touch" foul, and the Hoop Troop said something about touching boys like a Priest.

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

Great. My 11 yo, overhearing me asking my wife, just informed me he remembers. It was when the refs called a "touch" foul, and the Hoop Troop said something about touching boys like a Priest.
    He may be right, but I honestly don't recall exactly what it was. If he is, that's terrible. No school should be chanting something about that, especially when the game is on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Dowty View Post
    He may be right, but I honestly don't recall exactly what it was. If he is, that's terrible. No school should be chanting something about that, especially when the game is on TV.
    It happens to be the one game this year I didn't record. Forgot to set DVR, or I'd go back and review. I remember them saying that, but not sure if that's even the incident that I'm trying to recall.

+ Reply to Thread