+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Microsoft Changes

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Re: Microsoft Changes

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    weunice or anyone else that can give me some tech support: the laptop I use most has XP and it is still working great after about 12 years. I use MS Office Word, PowerPoint, and Excel frequently. I'm not a gamer. I do not do video editing or CAD, mostly just Office, email, and BB&B.

What does the loss of XP support mean to me as an individual user? a) Don't worry about it and continue using my current working laptop, or b) replace with a Windows 7 laptop that wife no longer uses (Android tablet), or c) buy an Windows 8.1 tablet with a detachable keyboard that I saw on sale.

My guess is a) don't worry about it, but I could use some reassurance because of security concerns.
    No problems, no change. Go with the flow.

Also, if you're thinking about upgrading/renewing your Microsoft Office craptastic programs, try OpenOffice (FREEWARE) and see if you're happy with it before renewing. Basically the same program with buttons in different places and things named different.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

Also, if you're thinking about upgrading/renewing your Microsoft Office craptastic programs, try OpenOffice (FREEWARE) and see if you're happy with it before renewing. Basically the same program with buttons in different places and things named different.
    Thanks for the information. I figured it was OK to stay with Windows XP. I do have other available options but I like using my big, bulky old Sony Vaio laptop more than any of my wife's newer, smaller, and faster computers and tablets.

I tried OpenOffice 8 years ago to do a database and spreadsheet. It just didn't work as well as MS Office. If I do get a new computer I will try it again as I'm sure it has improved over the years.

I've got some GA tickets for the MTSU game for you if you are interested. It should be a great game.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Sounds awesome!! But I never know until that day whether I can make the trek over. Baby (and Mom's sanity) are the determining factors.

Champ RougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRougeDawg has a reputation beyond repute RougeDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post

Works very well. It is a shame more people don't realize that a free version of basically MS Office is out there.

+ Reply to Thread