+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CSC to bring 800 IT jobs to Bossier's Cyber Innovation Center

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

CSC to bring 800 IT jobs to Bossier's Cyber Innovation Center

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...nclick_check=1

"CIC (Cyber Innovation Center) was awarded a $5 million grant in August 2013 to expand its Cyber Discovery program. This follows a $2.35 million grant in 2012 to support the center.

The program, developed in partnership with Louisiana Tech University, is a nationwide model that empowers K-12 teachers and college faculty while also engaging students through technology, laying a foundation for the development of our nation's future knowledge-based workforce."

There you go again, Louisiana Tech...acting like a FLAGSHIP.
    Last edited by ChuckK3; 02-18-2014 at 02:45 PM.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Re: CSC to bring 800 IT jobs to Bossier's Cyber Innovation Center

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckK3 View Post

"CIC (Cyber Innovation Center) was awarded a $5 million grant in August 2013 to expand its Cyber Discovery program. This follows a $2.35 million grant in 2012 to support the center.

The program, developed in partnership with Louisiana Tech University, is a nationwide model that empowers K-12 teachers and college faculty while also engaging students through technology, laying a foundation for the development of our nation's future knowledge-based workforce."

How many times did Gov. BJ say the words "Louisiana Tech"?

just wonderin.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ ChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond reputeChuckK3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

just wonderin.
    Well, you know, in Louisiana...kudos to any non-LSU institution diminishes the flagship's "agenda". Dang-it brother, you 'bout to get me fired up. Okay, so here's the thing.

This is VERY good news for OUR (north Louisiana) area. I post a link on my facebook page --- "There ya go La Tech, acting like a Flagship again" and brother...i got ONE like. ONE. But I betcha if I'd posted "Les Miles farted! Geaux Tigers" I bet I'd get 40 likes.

This state needs an enema.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

The State will provide $14 million in funding over 10 years for expanded higher education programs designed primarily to increase the number of annual graduates in computer science and related fields. At least 65 percent of these funds will be provided for the expansion of such programs at Louisiana Tech University, which plans to quadruple its total undergraduate degrees awarded annually in computer science, computer information systems and cyber engineering over the next five to six years, not including advanced degrees.
    Based on the latest data from the Louisiana Board of Regents, Tech awards about 45-50 undergraduate degrees a year in computer science and CIS (nothing in cyber engineering yet, since it's brand new).

http://www.areadevelopment.com/newsI...na782323.shtml

BTW, here is the company's website: http://www.csc.com/
    Last edited by TechAlum05; 02-18-2014 at 06:03 PM.

Champ Amos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond reputeAmos Moses has a reputation beyond repute

just wonderin.
    Well, all I see is that the only time Tech was mentioned in the article was the last paragraph. Now Bobby may have muttered our name along the way, but we were definitely not the emphasis in this article. But......baby steps. Maybe someone in the lsu tainted SBC will someday realize the gem sitting 60-70 miles to the east!

Also....Gov. BJ? a Freudian slip, perhaps?

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Amos Moses View Post
    Well, all I see is that the only time Tech was mentioned in the article was the last paragraph. Now Bobby may have muttered our name along the way, but we were definitely not the emphasis in this article. But......baby steps. Maybe someone in the lsu tainted SBC will someday realize the gem sitting 60-70 miles to the east!

Also....Gov. BJ? a Freudian slip, perhaps?
    Big things will come for Tech in S/BC...they may already be brewing! :icon_wink:

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Well, you know, in Louisiana...kudos to any non-LSU institution diminishes the flagship's "agenda". Dang-it brother, you 'bout to get me fired up. Okay, so here's the thing.

This is VERY good news for OUR (north Louisiana) area. I post a link on my facebook page --- "There ya go La Tech, acting like a Flagship again" and brother...i got ONE like. ONE. But I betcha if I'd posted "Les Miles farted! Geaux Tigers" I bet I'd get 40 likes.

I agree Chuck. This is good news indeed.

Varsity Bulldog jellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the roughjellidawg is a jewel in the rough jellidawg's Avatar

My wife is bringing some kids to a Cyber Discovery camp this summer. Don't think for a second that this isn't a HUGE academic recruiting tactic. Some of the best and brightest are coming to these camps all summer long.

I also had a cousin come down from Star City, AR to compete in a team robotics competition in Toliver a few weeks ago. He is now very interested in LATECH (and his family are HUGE hog fans). Mike Swanbom and Kelly Crittenden (sp?) have been instrumental in setting these programs up and running them.

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Every politician had to take credit in the article. No wonder Plato's 80% think government creates jobs.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ JAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to beholdJAMROB is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by Soonerdawg View Post
    Every politician had to take credit in the article. No wonder Plato's 80% think government creates jobs.
    What does Voltaire have to say about it ?

Champ Soonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond reputeSoonerdawg has a reputation beyond repute Soonerdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JAMROB View Post
    What does Voltaire have to say about it ?
    Voltaire is dead. ;-)

His brain was so much more powerful than mine, I almost hate to venture a guess. Regarding the economy of a country he was a capitalist. Politically, he believed in a benevolent monarch. So, he would probably have had a disdain for politicians.
    It's time to close the doors to the Temple of Janus.

Champ Dirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond reputeDirtydawg has a reputation beyond repute Dirtydawg's Avatar

From whom?

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Good sidebar story by Greg Hilburn. However . . . . the nlulm angle is always there . . . . .
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Good sidebar story by Greg Hilburn. However . . . . the nlulm angle is always there . . . . .
    Only TNS could make a story about Tech partnering with a tech company to bring 800 direct jobs to Bossier somehow about NLULM...

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

I had to go read it to see what that was all about. Big roll of the eyes. Good grief.
    Good old Memorial Gym

+ Reply to Thread