+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: Bitcoins

  1. #1
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,731

    Bitcoins

    Anyone in to this? I'm not! First thought I had when first learning of this so-called investment was "Ponzi scheme!"

    http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/24/tech...oin/index.html

    It is, nonetheless, interesting. As shown in this informative video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9zgZCMqXE

    Math-types probably love this kind of stuff!

  2. #2
    Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,151

    Re: Bitcoins


  3. #3
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,731

    Re: Bitcoins

    You mean John Stossel, a Libertarian, likes Bitcoins. And he gives his reasons why in that article. And, it is true, it does represent a way to conduct economic transactions outside the control of governments. Given how screwed up governments are, that is a plus for Bitcoins.

    But, you said "Fox News" really likes them. I understand your confusion. Being the libtard you are, you are used to marching to the beat of the lamestream media. In lock step. Goose stepping, like a good NAZI. Well...sorry. John Stossel is merely employed by Fox and is free to express whatever opinions he wishes. And, as mentioned, he is also a dyed-in-the-wool Libertarian. Most viewers/supporters of Fox are conservatives. And why we, conservatives, share some kindred spirit with our brother Libertarians, i.e., we prefer a smaller government, we are most definitely NOT libertarian.

    On the subject of Bitcoins, however. I have to hasten to add I have no personal issue with the concept. People are free...or should be free....to engage in commerce using whatever means they see fit. But, there are too many potential pitfalls for me to jump into the fray. The video shows how it works, and also how it can be abused. Beyond that, to have ANY value, people must have faith that the Bitcoin they receive in a transaction will maintain its value so they too can exchange it for goods/services. And therein is the rub, as far as I'm concerned.

    It may have collapsed already, given what has happened with the Mt Gox Exchange. If not, it could at any time. Not "stable" enough for me, and I guess, most other folks.

  4. #4
    Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,151

    Re: Bitcoins

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    You mean John Stossel, a Libertarian, likes Bitcoins. And he gives his reasons why in that article. And, it is true, it does represent a way to conduct economic transactions outside the control of governments. Given how screwed up governments are, that is a plus for Bitcoins.

    But, you said "Fox News" really likes them. I understand your confusion. Being the libtard you are, you are used to marching to the beat of the lamestream media. In lock step. Goose stepping, like a good NAZI. Well...sorry. John Stossel is merely employed by Fox and is free to express whatever opinions he wishes. And, as mentioned, he is also a dyed-in-the-wool Libertarian. Most viewers/supporters of Fox are conservatives. And why we, conservatives, share some kindred spirit with our brother Libertarians, i.e., we prefer a smaller government, we are most definitely NOT libertarian.

    On the subject of Bitcoins, however. I have to hasten to add I have no personal issue with the concept. People are free...or should be free....to engage in commerce using whatever means they see fit. But, there are too many potential pitfalls for me to jump into the fray. The video shows how it works, and also how it can be abused. Beyond that, to have ANY value, people must have faith that the Bitcoin they receive in a transaction will maintain its value so they too can exchange it for goods/services. And therein is the rub, as far as I'm concerned.

    It may have collapsed already, given what has happened with the Mt Gox Exchange. If not, it could at any time. Not "stable" enough for me, and I guess, most other folks.
    After reading the above rant, I cannot determine what or who you hate the most-Fox News, John Stossel, Bitcoins, the government, the media, Libertarians, or me!

  5. #5
    Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Shreveport
    Posts
    4,618

    Re: Bitcoins

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Anyone in to this? I'm not! First thought I had when first learning of this so-called investment was "Ponzi scheme!"

    http://money.cnn.com/2014/02/24/tech...oin/index.html

    It is, nonetheless, interesting. As shown in this informative video:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9zgZCMqXE

    Math-types probably love this kind of stuff!
    . Google first trust ( Chicago based money managers)- open Brian westerbury- one of most respected economist in USA-- he does video explaining the scam.

  6. #6
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,731

    Re: Bitcoins

    Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    After reading the above rant, I cannot determine what or who you hate the most-Fox News, John Stossel, Bitcoins, the government, the media, Libertarians, or me!
    Well then, let me sort it out for you:

    hate the most: liberals, the government, the media (lamestream), and you.

    Clear enough?

  7. #7
    Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,151

    Re: Bitcoins

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Well then, let me sort it out for you:

    hate the most: liberals, the government, the media (lamestream), and you.

    Clear enough?
    Clear as mud being as you didn't mention John Stossel who wrote the article that triggered your rant.

  8. #8
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,731

    Re: Bitcoins

    Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    Clear as mud being as you didn't mention John Stossel who wrote the article that triggered your rant.
    I don't hate John Stossel. Actually, "hate" is too strong a word to use anyway. Don't like that term. Let's say a "strong difference of opinion" with the media, libtards, etc...

    Furthermore, you are the confused one. YOU introduced the article written by Stossel and then tried to make the connection that ALL of Fox News must agree with Stossel on the bitcoin issue. That is not true. In fact, Stuart Varney who is a financial analyst for Fox is on record as having reservations about bitcoins, and the hosts of Fox & Friends also expressed doubts about it and stated they would not be buying any 'coins anytime soon. So, clearly, you have been called out on painting Fox News with a broad brush. You are dead wrong about it. And in fact, I question if you even watch Fox, since you made such a fundamental error on this issue.

  9. #9
    Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,151

    Re: Bitcoins

    It's clear to me that Fox likes Bitcoins. Of course, they're backing off a little now. :icon_wink:


    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/03/...cies-in-value/

    http://www.foxbusiness.com/technolog...-anytime-soon/

  10. #10
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,731

    Re: Bitcoins

    Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    It's clear to me that Fox likes Bitcoins. Of course, they're backing off a little now. :icon_wink:


    http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2013/03/...cies-in-value/

    http://www.foxbusiness.com/technolog...-anytime-soon/
    Are you really this stupid? No, really. I'm asking.

    Gonna give you a chance to save face. But, if you don't, sorry, you're gonna get both barrels.

  11. #11
    Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute Cool Hand Clyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Memphis, TN
    Posts
    14,211

    Re: Bitcoins

    Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    So, clearly, you have been called out on painting Fox News with a broad brush. You are dead wrong about it. And in fact, I question if you even watch Fox, since you made such a fundamental error on this issue.

    That's the lead they get from dear leader
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/LouisianaTechMemphis/

    "Folks, our President is STEPPING UP & it is up to all of us FANatics to support what he is trying to do."

    MICKEYS14

  12. #12
    Big Dog Avi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the roughAvi8r is a jewel in the rough Avi8r's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    541

    Re: Bitcoins

    Here is lengthy video of an interview with Andreas Antonopoulos about Bitcoins.


    As a bitcoin entrepreneur, Andreas has founded three bitcoin businesses and launched several community open-source projects. He often writes articles and blog posts on bitcoin, is a permanent host on Letís Talk Bitcoin and prolific public speaker at technology events. Andreas is also writing a bitcoin book for developers

    Andreas serves on the advisory boards of several bitcoin startups and serves as the Chief Security Officer of Blockchain. He is available for limited-scope strategic consulting projects.



  13. #13
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,731

    Re: Bitcoins

    Quote Originally Posted by Cool Hand Clyde View Post
    That's the lead they get from dear leader
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwstuk1hWh8

  14. #14
    Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,087

    Re: Bitcoins

    New Rule - If you invested your money in virtual currency don't be surprised when it virtually disappears. Who could have predicted this? Virtually everyone.

    I think would rather trust Citibank and the other pos banks than three dorks in a basement playing dungeon and dragons - Bill Maher

  15. #15
    Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,151

    Re: Bitcoins

    Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    New Rule - If you invested your money in virtual currency don't be surprised when it virtually disappears. Who could have predicted this? Virtually everyone.

    I think would rather trust Citibank and the other pos banks than three dorks in a basement playing dungeon and dragons - Bill Maher
    +1,000

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts