+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baylen Baker - Defensive End @ Abilene Wylie HS

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Baylen Baker - Defensive End @ Abilene Wylie HS

This kid is 6-5, 250lbs Jr here at Abilene-Wylie HS...class of 2015. As a side note…Case Keenum graduated from Abilene-Wylie. In any case, I had a conversation with Baylen’s dad today and I asked if there were any schools looking at him. He told me that he's received some interest from the likes of North Texas, SMU, TCU, TSU, Tulsa. Because he’s at a Texas 3A program, he’s not on the radar of a lot of the bigger schools that typically tap into the 4-5A schools here in the state of Texas. I've watched the kid play and he reminds me of a young Matt Broha in all aspects of his defensive play. At the HS level he goes both ways playing offense as a tight end and on defense as a defensive end in a 3-4 set. I personally think that SH needs to take a look at this kid. I asked his dad if he would consider going to TECH…he said that he would prefer him to go to Texas Tech but if La TECH gave him a full ride, he said GO BULLDOGS!

Varsity Bulldog dawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her gamedawg88 is on top of his/her game

Re: Baylen Baker - Defensive End @ Abilene Wylie HS

Looks like he could started on
    offense or defense on last year's team.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Definitely looks a LOT like Broha (only thicker). Gets his hands up at DE, tackles well, and has a great motor. His TE skills are good and he gets up the field after making the catch! He is a very solid all-around football player (based on this video). Somebody let a coach know about him.

Puppy locdog007 isn't thought very highly of around herelocdog007 isn't thought very highly of around herelocdog007 isn't thought very highly of around here

I say go ahead and offer the scholarship! He looks like a special player and he's only going to get better. Somebody email this to coach Diaz!

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Looks nothing like Broha....the offenses weren't holding him every play!!!!!!

Kidding of course, kid looks good......and another year of high school to only get bigger, faster, stronger........Bring that kid to Ruston!!!!

It's on you Lotsudo!!!

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Looks nothing like Broha....the offenses weren't holding him every play!!!!!!

Kidding of course, kid looks good......and another year of high school to only get bigger, faster, stronger........Bring that kid to Ruston!!!!

It's on you Lotsudo!!!
    His dad is a friend and I'll try but you know how the recruiting process works! With another year to go comes bigger opportunities and bigger offers...not to mention the possibilities of injuries...God forbid! His dad is a BIG Texas Tech fan but I'll try to work on him! Although my daughter is in his class and said "oh please dad not Baylen. I spent the last 10 years going to school with him, what makes you think that I want to spend my college years going to school with him?"

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    His dad is a friend and I'll try but you know how the recruiting process works! With another year to go comes bigger opportunities and bigger offers...not to mention the possibilities of injuries...God forbid! His dad is a BIG Texas Tech fan but I'll try to work on him! Although my daughter is in his class and said "oh please dad not Baylen. I spent the last 10 years going to school with him, what makes you think that I want to spend my college years going to school with him?"
    Because when you go away to college it is nice to have a hometown schoolmate to help introduce you to their friends (especially if they are of the opposite sex).

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    This kid is 6-5, 250lbs Jr here at Abilene-Wylie HS...class of 2015. As a side note…Case Keenum graduated from Abilene-Wylie. In any case, I had a conversation with Baylen’s dad today and I asked if there were any schools looking at him. He told me that he's received some interest from the likes of North Texas, SMU, TCU, TSU, Tulsa. Because he’s at a Texas 3A program, he’s not on the radar of a lot of the bigger schools that typically tap into the 4-5A schools here in the state of Texas. I've watched the kid play and he reminds me of a young Matt Broha in all aspects of his defensive play. At the HS level he goes both ways playing offense as a tight end and on defense as a defensive end in a 3-4 set. I personally think that SH needs to take a look at this kid. I asked his dad if he would consider going to TECH…he said that he would prefer him to go to Texas Tech but if La TECH gave him a full ride, he said GO BULLDOGS!

Nice find. Nice video. Let's do 2 things:

(1) Email your comments and the video link to: mdiaz@latech.edu . We can't recruit everyone, but if one does have an interest in our university, it's easier to recruit these kind. I bet our coaches will respect your assistance. And,

(2) Move this thread to "Recruiting" where it will stay hidden from non-Tech family members.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ hookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond reputehookdown has a reputation beyond repute hookdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    (2) Move this thread to "Recruiting" where it will stay hidden from non-Tech family members.

Too late!

Saban, Sumlin, and Fisher have already booked trips to Abilene because they read this board...

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

I would like to remind people that the smaller schools in Texas are not overlooked by the Texas college coaches. Both the McCoy kids were from a small school south of Abilene. There are too many others to mention. Of course it helps if your school wins the state championship in your division. He won't be under the radar long.

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    There is no recruiting forum.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

After watching that video, it's hard to believe he doesn't have an offer. Maybe Tech could be the first to offer if somebody can get the info to Diaz or Giles.

Champ cscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond reputecscollis has a reputation beyond repute

I sent a email to Thomas Graham, head of recruiting, about this kid. I will let you know when he responds.

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    After watching that video, it's hard to believe he doesn't have an offer. Maybe Tech could be the first to offer if somebody can get the info to Diaz or Giles.
    His dad is a friend of mine and as I said in my first post...he's "received some interest from the likes of North Texas, SMU, TCU, TSU, Tulsa." He also told me that some private schools have contacted him but he couldn't remember which ones!

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I would like to remind people that the smaller schools in Texas are not overlooked by the Texas college coaches. Both the McCoy kids were from a small school south of Abilene. There are too many others to mention. Of course it helps if your school wins the state championship in your division. He won't be under the radar long.
    Believe me...we are very familiar with the McCoys. Jim Ned HS is 15-20 Minutes from my home!

+ Reply to Thread