+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baylen Baker - Defensive End @ Abilene Wylie HS

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Re: Baylen Baker - Defensive End @ Abilene Wylie HS

Quote Originally Posted by Houston Techsan View Post
    I would like to remind people that the smaller schools in Texas are not overlooked by the Texas college coaches. Both the McCoy kids were from a small school south of Abilene. There are too many others to mention. Of course it helps if your school wins the state championship in your division. He won't be under the radar long.
    Agreed. Back in December I posted the fact that east Texas had 2 small schools --Carthage and Lufkin-- playing for the Texas Class AAA state championship. There are a lot of good athletes on those teams, as well as Hallsville, Gilbert, Marshall, and others. Skip Holtz and company should have an asst coach camped out in East Texas for the foreseeable future.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Nice find. Nice video. Let's do 2 things:

(2) Move this thread to "Recruiting" where it will stay hidden from non-Tech family members.
    I agree that it belongs in the The Hall of Fame BoaRD and I considered posting it there first but decided that I would put it in the open forum then let the ADMINs and Mods move it.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    This kid is 6-5, 250lbs Jr here at Abilene-Wylie HS...class of 2015. As a side note…Case Keenum graduated from Abilene-Wylie. In any case, I had a conversation with Baylen’s dad today and I asked if there were any schools looking at him. He told me that he's received some interest from the likes of North Texas, SMU, TCU, TSU, Tulsa. Because he’s at a Texas 3A program, he’s not on the radar of a lot of the bigger schools that typically tap into the 4-5A schools here in the state of Texas. I've watched the kid play and he reminds me of a young Matt Broha in all aspects of his defensive play. At the HS level he goes both ways playing offense as a tight end and on defense as a defensive end in a 3-4 set. I personally think that SH needs to take a look at this kid. I asked his dad if he would consider going to TECH…he said that he would prefer him to go to Texas Tech but if La TECH gave him a full ride, he said GO BULLDOGS!

My nephew chose texas Tech, it worked great academically ( double degree) but he was recruited by Leach and sufferred through 2 coaches and several injuries. Hw always says he wished he had come to Tech. Dykes was first person to offer him ( Arizona then)-- Know coach H wants tight ends and maybe new defensive coaches can call on him----

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Well Baylen committed to UTSA!

http://coolerchronicles.com/2015-commits-13-and-14/

"I believe that the coaching staff plans on having him either transition to a defensive tackle in college or to play that inside/outside defensive line utility position that Jason Neill plays so well. Baker can be a good defensive end in college but he could be really special at a three-tech defensive tackle if he is able to add 20-30 pounds to his frame, which I’m inclined to believe he should be able to do at 6’5″. While Baker only had one other offer, these Louisiana Tech fans were in a clamor to have him recruited to Ruston."

I would really love to see this kid wearing red and blue and not that putrid orange and blue combination!

+ Reply to Thread