+ Reply to Thread

Thread: W. Basketball. Techsters Face North Texas Tuesday at C-USA Tourney

I'm just a bot - I can't respond to your posts News_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the roughNews_Bot is a jewel in the rough News_Bot's Avatar

W. Basketball. Techsters Face North Texas Tuesday at C-USA Tourney

A new article has been posted on www.latechsports.com:

Louisiana Tech will enter the 2014 Conference USA Tournament in El Paso as the No. 14 seed and will face the No. 11 seed North Texas Tuesday at 6 p.m. CT (5 p.m. MT) at Memorial Gym.

More...

Discuss it here.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. Techsters Face North Texas Tuesday at C-USA Tourney

We played a great game last night. Shelton really is making a difference! It would be nice to win a few rounds in the CUSA tournament and surprise some teams!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Seems that we will have a tuff road ahead with this sead, Would be awesome to advance in the tourney...
    What would it take to make it to the championship game , 5 wins in 5 days?
    Better be playing that bench next week for sure!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Seems that we will have a tuff road ahead with this sead, Would be awesome to advance in the tourney...
    What would it take to make it to the championship game , 5 wins in 5 days?
    Better be playing that bench next week for sure!
    Going to be tough...... We definitely need our starters to win games, so it will be very difficult to keep advancing. We have made some strides here down the stretch, so I would like to see a strong finish before bringing in some extremely talented players next year to add to this group.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Bracketeering some, if we were to get by North Texas and then by the #6 seed we'd play the #3 seed, UTEP in the quarterfinals and probably USM in the semis. Of course, we GOTTA WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN but we've got a shot against each of those schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Bracketeering some, if we were to get by North Texas and then by the #6 seed we'd play the #3 seed, UTEP in the quarterfinals and probably USM in the semis. Of course, we GOTTA WIN, WIN, WIN, WIN but we've got a shot against each of those schools.
    The toughest part will be having the energy playing every day. Like I have stated before, though, we have been competitive in most of our losses. It was like a hump we just couldn't get over. The best team in the conference and #1 seed, Middle Tennessee, beat us pretty badly (around 17 points, I think). That happens to be Shelton's production of points from last night, though.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

As crtical as i have been i do hope they win a couple...we all know they have no chance to win that tourny..road too tough

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Remember any thing is possible, maybe not probable!
    It want hurt to hope!
    Good luck
    Techsters!

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Remember any thing is possible, maybe not probable!
    It want hurt to hope!
    Good luck
    Techsters!
    I ALWAYS have hope! GO TECHSTERS!

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

We just beat UNT recently. I think that gives an edge to UNT. Yeah, some will argue the Techsters know they can beat 'em, so just go out and do it again. But the psychology of sports usually favors a team seeking revenge. Makes them more motivated. And the team sitting on the recent win comes out looking to just "hold serve," and playing not to lose, rather then bringing it again.

In the X's & O's category very often the coach of the losing side makes adjustments, and the coach of the winning side simply expects a repeat of that recent game. This is also gives UNT an advantage in this case.

I'm not predicting anything. Just throwing this out there as an observation wrought from being a sports' fan for 50+ years.

Anyway....

Go Techsters!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I'm not predicting anything. Just throwing this out there as an observation wrought from being a sports' fan for 50+ years.
    Having been a Techster fan for far less than that, I'll say that TSpoon will not make any adjustments for any reason anyway. However...

Go Techsters!

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    We just beat UNT recently. I think that gives an edge to UNT. Yeah, some will argue the Techsters know they can beat 'em, so just go out and do it again. But the psychology of sports usually favors a team seeking revenge. Makes them more motivated. And the team sitting on the recent win comes out looking to just "hold serve," and playing not to lose, rather then bringing it again.

In the X's & O's category very often the coach of the losing side makes adjustments, and the coach of the winning side simply expects a repeat of that recent game. This is also gives UNT an advantage in this case.

Anyway....

Go Techsters!
    That is usually the way it goes. You are correct. I am hoping that the Shelton factor makes a big difference, though!

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Good afternoon Techster fans from Pineland TX home of Teresa Weatherspoon!! It's special to be here, I love Spoon the player and person and just wish her the best, we''re blessed to have her name associated with Louisiana Tech, I'm honored to know her and whatever happens with her coaching won't change that either way. Just had to say this from Pineland.

Quote Originally Posted by Russdawg View Post
    Good afternoon Techster fans from Pineland TX home of Teresa Weatherspoon!! It's special to be here, I love Spoon the player and person and just wish her the best, we''re blessed to have her name associated with Louisiana Tech, I'm honored to know her and whatever happens with her coaching won't change that either way. Just had to say this from Pineland.
    Russ... coach TSpoon is going to be jealous of you if your in her home town!
    I can't help but think she will have the Techsters motivated for the tourney, but not sure if they will have the gas to make it too far!
    Just know I will be listening as far as they can make it!
    Good luck Techsters!

Not that it will make that much difference but the final rateings....
    C-USA end of year rateings.

35 Middle Tennessee
    64 UTEP
    89 Southern Miss
    99 East Carolina
    102 Tulane
    113 Charlotte
    115 Old Dominion
    128 UAB
    139 Florida Atl
    160 Florida Int
    168 North Texas
    172 Tulsa
    182 Rice
    184 Louisiana Tec
    201 Texas-San Ant.
    259 Marshall

Just have to take care of business against the Mean Greenies first!

+ Reply to Thread