+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 71 of 71

Thread: Posts in the Football forum that belong in the Paw-litics forum

  1. #61
    Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    18,080

    Re: If you want a thread to die

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Debatable.
    For a nation as wildly widely diverse, nope.
    Liberty may be endangered by the abuses of liberty as well as by the abuses of power. ~James Madison

    I like me.

    It's a mockery.

  2. #62
    Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dogtown, AR
    Posts
    11,597

    Re: If you want a thread to die

    Quote Originally Posted by JuBru View Post
    For a nation as wildly widely diverse, nope.
    Ok. Greatest wildly diverse nation. I can get on board with that.

  3. #63
    Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Bossier City, LA
    Posts
    14,619

    Re: If you want a thread to die

    Well thank the Lord that we don't put Sinners in the White House anymore!!

    Come on Champ... be better than that. We all know that there has only been one perfect President in history and he died on Calvary 2000 years ago.



    Oh, and you knuckleheads know that we actually have a joke thread already... well.... this thread is a joke... so carry on!!

    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

  4. #64
    Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Beautiful Lake Claiborne
    Posts
    18,074

    Re: If you want a thread to die

    Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Well thank the Lord that we don't put Sinners in the White House anymore!!

    Come on Champ... be better than that. We all know that there has only been one perfect President in history and he died on Calvary 2000 years ago.



    Oh, and you knuckleheads know that we actually have a joke thread already... well.... this thread is a joke... so carry on!!
    Knuckleheads? Now you're a name-calling meanie.
    Good old Memorial Gym

  5. #65
    Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Shreveport, LA
    Posts
    17,136

    Re: If you want a thread to die


  6. #66
    Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Natchitoches, LA
    Posts
    7,977

    Re: If you want a thread to die

    Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Well thank the Lord that we don't put Sinners in the White House anymore!!

    Come on Champ... be better than that. We all know that there has only been one perfect President in history and he died on Calvary 2000 years ago.



    Oh, and you knuckleheads know that we actually have a joke thread already... well.... this thread is a joke... so carry on!!
    This thread is diverse.

  7. #67
    Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Dogtown, AR
    Posts
    11,597

    Re: If you want a thread to die

    Quote Originally Posted by DocMarvin362 View Post
    Come on Champ... be better than that. We all know that there has only been one perfect President in history and he died on Calvary 2000 years ago.
    Correcto-mundo!

    The way some professed followers of Christ get all goo-goo eyed for the founders of this above-average federation continues to baffle / amuse me.

  8. #68
    Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Natchitoches, LA
    Posts
    7,977

    Posts in the Football forum that belong in the Paw-litics forum

    Just wondering about what y'all think about this. Some economists are saying this law could destroy our economy. Here is part of an article written about it:

    July 1st, 2014
    On this date, U.S. House of Representatives Bill “H.R. 2847” goes into effect.

    In 2010, the U.S. Congress passed House of Representatives bill H.R. 2847.

    Hidden within this bill is a provision known as "FATCA," which stands for the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act.

    This bill does several important things, as of July 1st, 2014:

    1. It forces all worldwide banks to comply with the IRS if they have any transactions in U.S. dollars.

    2. Because the U.S. dollar is still the world's reserve currency, it essentially means ALL WORLDWIDE BANKS, except for the smallest community institutions, must comply.

    3. To comply, banks can either spend a fortune segmenting, tracking, and potentially "taxing" their U.S. dollar transactions by as much as 30%... or they can simply get rid of all of their U.S. customers.

    In other words, the U.S. government is saying to all banks around the world: If you deal in U.S. dollars in any way, you have to give us full, unfettered access to all of these transactions... or you have to get rid of all of your U.S. customers.

    The repercussions here are enormous:

    For one, it means more and more institutions will move AWAY from the U.S. dollar, accelerating the already rapid worldwide move away from the dollar as reserve currency.

    For another, it essentially makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for the average American to get some of his money out of U.S. dollars, and into more stable currencies via foreign banks.

    Already, we've seen two of the largest banks in the world, JP Morgan Chase and HSBC, basically eliminate international wire transfers. Many small banks have reportedly followed suit.

    And we expect many, many more banks to basically outlaw international wire transfers, the run up to this new July 1st law.

    This is a clear example of Capital Controls. This is what a broke and desperate government does when they know the value of their currency is about to collapse.

    We've seen governments around the globe pull these stunts over and over again... right before a currency devaluation or collapse. And now it's happenings right here, in the United States of America.








  9. #69
    Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    25,600

    Re: Posts in the Football forum that belong in the Paw-litics forum

    All the crapola taking place now just drives home the point: "Government is not the solution to problems. Government IS the problem."

    We need another Ronaldo Maximus.

  10. #70
    Champ longdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the roughlongdawgview is a jewel in the rough
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,087

    Re: Posts in the Football forum that belong in the Paw-litics forum

    Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    Just wondering about what y'all think about this. Some economists are saying this law could destroy our economy. Here is part of an article written about it:

    July 1st, 2014

    On this date, U.S. House of Representatives Bill H.R. 2847 goes into effect.

    In 2010, the U.S. Congress passed House of Representatives bill H.R. 2847.

    Hidden within this bill is a provision known as "FATCA," which stands for the Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act.

    This bill does several important things, as of July 1st, 2014:

    1. It forces all worldwide banks to comply with the IRS if they have any transactions in U.S. dollars.

    2. Because the U.S. dollar is still the world's reserve currency, it essentially means ALL WORLDWIDE BANKS, except for the smallest community institutions, must comply.

    3. To comply, banks can either spend a fortune segmenting, tracking, and potentially "taxing" their U.S. dollar transactions by as much as 30%... or they can simply get rid of all of their U.S. customers.

    In other words, the U.S. government is saying to all banks around the world: If you deal in U.S. dollars in any way, you have to give us full, unfettered access to all of these transactions... or you have to get rid of all of your U.S. customers.

    The repercussions here are enormous:

    For one, it means more and more institutions will move AWAY from the U.S. dollar, accelerating the already rapid worldwide move away from the dollar as reserve currency.

    For another, it essentially makes it extremely difficult, if not impossible, for the average American to get some of his money out of U.S. dollars, and into more stable currencies via foreign banks.

    Already, we've seen two of the largest banks in the world, JP Morgan Chase and HSBC, basically eliminate international wire transfers. Many small banks have reportedly followed suit.

    And we expect many, many more banks to basically outlaw international wire transfers, the run up to this new July 1st law.

    This is a clear example of Capital Controls. This is what a broke and desperate government does when they know the value of their currency is about to collapse.

    We've seen governments around the globe pull these stunts over and over again... right before a currency devaluation or collapse. And now it's happenings right here, in the United States of America.







    Source?

    I serious doubt any law that will negatively effect big banks will pass congress. Why?

    Guess who has the biggest lobby and gives more money to politicians, Democrat or Republican. Yep you guess it the big banks, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan et al

  11. #71
    Champ JuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond reputeJuBru has a reputation beyond repute JuBru's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    18,080

    Re: Posts in the Football forum that belong in the Paw-litics forum

    Quote Originally Posted by longdawgview View Post
    Source?

    I serious doubt any law that will negatively effect big banks will pass congress. Why?

    Guess who has the biggest lobby and gives more money to politicians, Democrat or Republican. Yep you guess it the big banks, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan et al
    Just ignore it. Most of it is wrong.

    1. Not about currency. If the bank has a U.S citizen's account, then that bank has to reveal all the account details to the IRS.
    2. Invalidated by #1.
    3. The 30% is how much a U.S. payor is supposed to withhold from non-compliant banks/citizens.

    Changing from a dollar-backed to a renminbi-backed reserve currency doesn't change a person's citizenship.
    Conversion of U.S. dollars into any foreign currency is not affected. Conversions just become more nuanced.
    International wire transfers are still happening.

    I'm iffy on the capital controls statement, though. Could really go either way.

    That doesn't mean the FATCA stuff is good/effective/non-redundant.
    http://americansabroad.org/issues/fa...d-be-repealed/

    RNC appears in favor of repealing FATCA.
    https://www.abolishfatca.com/live/RN...Resolution.pdf


    Sources:
    http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Corpor...ct-%28FATCA%29
    http://www.treasury.gov/resource-cen...ges/FATCA.aspx
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foreign...Compliance_Act
    http://www.iexpats.com/fatca/
    http://www.cnbc.com/id/101450365
    http://www.forbes.com/sites/halahtou...rawals-either/
    Liberty may be endangered by the abuses of liberty as well as by the abuses of power. ~James Madison

    I like me.

    It's a mockery.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts