+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Posts in the Football forum that belong in the Paw-litics forum

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Re: If you want a thread to die

Quote Originally Posted by dj95 View Post
    True, but I think it would be prudent to do so. Gay marriage, socialized medicine, legalization of certain drugs, abortion, gun control, school choice, etc etc. These are all state issues. Remove this from the national docket and you would see the federal government have the ability to confront real issues facing the country such as national defense, crumbling infrastructures, and improving the value of the American dollar thus strengthening the economy. You are rarely going to convince someone to change their minds on their core values, yet as a nation, we expend a lot of time and vitriol trying to do just this.

I believe this is the genius the framers of the Constitution. A federal republic that allowed states to have sovereignty over things that were relevant to its citizens and national government to address issues that were of mutual benefit to all.
    Great post!!!! Green for you!

Big Dog dj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant futuredj95 has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Agree. We just have to hash out on a case-by-case basis what should be considered a national issue.

I would argue, for example, that the federal level was the correct venue to address civil rights. But opponents at that time maintained it was best left to the states. History has demonstrated they were incorrect.
    Segregation was confirmed by the US Supreme Court, so validated at the federal level (incorrectly in my opinion) with Plessy v. Ferguson. Thus civil rights was a national issue because states were violating the 14th Amendment as well as other amendments that protected the freedoms of all of our citizens originally under a flawed decision by the Supreme Court. Anytime the federal government tries to legislate values from beliefs about drugs to forced charity and everything in between, it has overstepped is boundaries. Most people look to the president to "fix" things, when that is not his job. His job is to enforce laws that are passed by Congress (the only branch of the federal government directly elected by the people). When that gets out of whack, the whole thing becomes a quagmire and mess.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

I just learned that the confederate dead were not allowed to be buried in the Gettysburg National Battle Park!

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDog View Post
    I just learned that the confederate dead were not allowed to be buried in the Gettysburg National Battle Park!
    The right of the people to govern themselves has not been respected since...

Champ 70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute70TECHGRAD has a reputation beyond repute 70TECHGRAD's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    The right of the people to govern themselves has not been respected since...
    since Ronald Reagan left office.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    since Ronald Reagan left office.
    I was thinking closer along 1865, haha. But yea, RR was a moment of clarity in an imperialist nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    I was thinking closer along 1865, haha. But yea, RR was a moment of clarity in an imperialist nation.
    Exactly!!!!

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

Now I am by no means a democrat but how soon we forget. The Union meant republicans. They are the ones that prevented the confederate dead from being buried at Gettysburg. They are the ones that visited reconstruction on us (can you say Thaddeus B. Stephens) out of pure hatred and spite. They called them radical republicans and now we call them conservatives. Lincoln was probably our first "imperial" president. The emancipation proclamation was simply an executive. I generally vote republican but I have to hold my nose.

Also how soon the blacks forget. Democrats were the party of slavery and Jim Crow. The first civil rights act was passed by a republican congress in 1866 (but was declared unconstitutional). Republicants supported almost all the later civil rights acts -- It was the southern democrats that blocked them.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

It was stated above, "how soon we forget", but to forget requires that something was first known. The true history of our nation is not known by very many because actual effort must be exerted to learn it.

Hollywood through many lies and treacherous irresponsible acts disguised as artistic liberty, or some other term, has distorted the truth to our ignorant (through laziness) youth for so many years until now those such as Oliver Stone have rewritten our nations history to suite the "show" that now occupies our federal government.

Champ OLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond reputeOLDBLUE has a reputation beyond repute

Please no "D" nor "R" word. Keep focused on "We the People" not political bilge. What do you REALLY want the U.S.A. to be?

Keep politics away from college sports!!!!

Champ Houston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond reputeHouston Techsan has a reputation beyond repute

You're right Old blue. This should have been in the "insider" forum. But I just added my thoughts to keep this long lived thread alive.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by 70TECHGRAD View Post
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."
    -- Thomas Jefferson
    Not one of our Founding Fathers could get elected President today and very few to Congress. The media would hound them over quotes like above..."Mean-spirited" and "Right-wing radical" and "hate the poor" and "bigoted" and "loves the rich" and "supports income inequality"; etc...

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    Well, to be fair, they did OWN. OTHER. HUMANS.

So, there's that ...
    Not all...Sam Adams, Ben Franklin and others.

But, for those that did, I just can't understand it. I can't wrap my brain around the fact they founded the best country/government in human history (with the constitution), yet did that.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJDAWG View Post
    Sam Adams, Ben Franklin
    Lush and womanizer, respectively.

they founded the best country/government in human history
    Debatable.

+ Reply to Thread