+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Season 2014

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: Fishing Season 2014

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Cherry kool aid, garlic salt or salt and or chopped garlic, hot dog chunks packed in waterl. let it steep for a week or so in a plastic jar in the fridge. Caught some very nice cats on yoyos Sunday night on CLaiborne. Also caught some largemouth bass, striped bass, and a few white bass Sunday afternoon. Topwaters on the largemouths...it was fun!
    Let us know how that goes with keeping that in the family fridge for a week, Monty.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tech77 View Post
    Let us know how that goes with keeping that in the family fridge for a week, Monty.
    Got one pack cut up and soaking now. I figure a four quart jar, pack of kool aid, and 1/2 shaker of garlic salt should make for a potent batch.

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

I've made variations that included a can of sardines that I mushed up in the water, garlic, kool aid mix but after a few hours in the boat...and lord help you if you spill the sardine batch in your boat!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Just ordered a couple of mini-hoop nets. Those catfish better watch out!

If you think the weenie/kool-aid bait was funky then I've got an old-school recipe for my hoop nets that will blow that out of the water: 3 parts moldy Havarti/Dill Cheese, Two parts moldy Cheddar, three cups fresh Beef Blood. Place in a container and set in sun for extended period of time. Mix with cottonseed cake after a few weeks of "brewing" and it's done. Notice that the amount of liquid in the container has increased significantly yet I haven't added any liquid to the brew..."Redneck Sublifamation"..yes..it's a play on words you chemistry type folks I almost forgot the most important ingredient: The "mint" from the urinal from the Waterfront Grill in Monroe which is located directly across from the JUCO campus. techfish 001.jpgtechfish 003.jpgtechfish 004.jpgtechfish 006.jpgtechfish 002.jpg
    Last edited by marketdawg; 04-05-2014 at 10:34 PM.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

If you think the weenie/kool-aid bait was funky then I've got an old-school recipe for my hoop nets that will blow that out of the water: 3 parts moldy Havarti/Dill Cheese, Two parts moldy Cheddar, three cups fresh Beef Blood. Place in a container and set in sun for extended period of time. Mix with cottonseed cake after a few weeks of "brewing" and it's done. Notice that the amount of liquid in the container has increased significantly yet I haven't added any liquid to the brew..."Redneck Sublifamation"..yes..it's a play on words you chemistry type folks I almost forgot the most important ingredient: The "mint" from the urinal from the Waterfront Grill in Monroe which is located directly across from the JUCO campus. Attachment 11384Attachment 11385Attachment 11386Attachment 11387Attachment 11388
    Lost my catfish appetite.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

put out some yoyo's and a trotline Friday night on Darbonne. now just have to pick a night for the fish fry. .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice! Caught a couple of nice cats off the dock on Claiborne Saturday evening and one took one of my yo-yos apart in the boathouse. Gonna drop some heftier set-lines next time.

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Went fishing with my dad after work yesterday and did pretty good. I was killing the goggle eyes on baby shad jig. My dad doesn't usually keep em till I caught the 5th one. I probably pulled in around 10 or so with another 8 or 9 I lost. My dad pulled in a few and a nice bass. I think we kept 7 or so fish and threw the rest back, not back for 2.5 hrs of fishing.

Champ ChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond reputeChipDog has a reputation beyond repute ChipDog's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by louisiana_dog View Post
    Went fishing with my dad after work yesterday and did pretty good. I was killing the goggle eyes on baby shad jig. My dad doesn't usually keep em till I caught the 5th one. I probably pulled in around 10 or so with another 8 or 9 I lost. My dad pulled in a few and a nice bass. I think we kept 7 or so fish and threw the rest back, not back for 2.5 hrs of fishing.
    Sounds great. Where were you?

Champ louisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the roughlouisiana_dog is a jewel in the rough

Hahnville Canal, a very small canal down in St. Charles Parish......about 20 minutes west of new orleans. I grew up fishing in it. Now there is some idiotic "swamp tour" air boat operation going on through it. It apparently ruined hunting and it can mess up fishing there from time to time. Stupid city folk wanting to see gators and taking pictures of "cajun" locals.....I WANT TO FISH IN PEACE & QUIET!

My dad is 61 and I now know he wont be around forever to fish with. He is my favorite fishing buddy. (no offense Greg)

Took the boat back out to Hahnville yesterday afternoon. The south wind and no rain really makes the water pretty. I put a few in the boat. Red ears were on the shady side of the canal, sunnies on the other. The small bass I caught was very fun on the ultra light with 4lbs test. I kept 5. If I had the patients I should have tried worms, hear those are killing it.

Hybrids are doing the schooling thing on beautiful Lake Claiborne again! Caught some nice ones this past weekend. Notice the fish "shrinkage" compared to my skinny butt holding one of them and my 'little" brother holding one. He's a bull moose but I could still take him. It's a big brother thing We stayed on schools for over an hour one evening and the next morning it was fast and furious...but fun. At one point it looked like it was hailing baseballs all around us with the big boys blowing up on surface shad.striperbrett 001.jpgstriperbrett 002.jpg

A couple of weeks previous to this I ran a few yoyos off the dock, tightlined off the dock, and a few more around the lake and caught a cooler full of channel cats. the fryer is gonna be busy this summer!catfishing 001.jpgcatfishing 006.jpgcatfishing 003.jpgcatfishing 004.jpg

Champ Choudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond reputeChoudawg86 has a reputation beyond repute Choudawg86's Avatar

Hybrids are doing the schooling thing on beautiful Lake Claiborne again! Caught some nice ones this past weekend. Notice the fish "shrinkage" compared to my skinny butt holding one of them and my 'little" brother holding one. He's a bull moose but I could still take him. It's a big brother thing We stayed on schools for over an hour one evening and the next morning it was fast and furious...but fun. At one point it looked like it was hailing baseballs all around us with the big boys blowing up on surface shad.Attachment 11450Attachment 11451
    you trolling or just running the schools and tossing into them when they surface? best in the morning or evening. never forget, SEVERAL years ago there was a thunderstorm approaching and it got dark early and the stripers went nuts. looked like the whole lake was churning

+ Reply to Thread