+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Season 2014

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Re: Fishing Season 2014

15 mins before sunrise til 7:30 in the am schooling. Troll in PM while scouting with binoculars until school worthy of running to comes up. Bone colored, slim/short style topwaters and 1/2 oz jig head with smaller slim cokahoe plastic when casting...umbrella rig (I know it's called Alabama rig but I refuse to say so outside of punctuation) with the rigs set with smaller shad or cockahoe plastics when trolling.
    Last edited by marketdawg; 05-22-2014 at 11:20 PM.
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

Champ 1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light1L_dawg is a glorious beacon of light

Some friends and I are planning a trip to South Louisiana to fish for specks and reds. We are looking for a place with lodging, guides, boats, meals, etc. One name that has been recommended is Cajun Resorts. Anyone heard of it?

Any other recommendations that fit our criteria? We would also consider a teal/fishing trip combo.

Champ shreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of lightshreveportdawg is a glorious beacon of light shreveportdawg's Avatar

cajunfishingadventures.com

My buddy Ross Montet (Mawn tay) 504-615-1914 is a guide at this place. One of the finest lodges/operations down there. You can fish for bass, specs, reds or weather permitting go offshore. Your choice. If your crew is larger than one boat will hold, his dad Jude Montet will bring his boat to help guide.

Don't try and book him for June 13-15 though because I'll be there stacking red/mangrove snapper, redfish, specs & empty beer cans in his boat

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by marketdawg View Post
    Cherry kool aid, garlic salt or salt and or chopped garlic, hot dog chunks packed in waterl. let it steep for a week or so in a plastic jar in the fridge. Caught some very nice cats on yoyos Sunday night on CLaiborne. Also caught some largemouth bass, striped bass, and a few white bass Sunday afternoon. Topwaters on the largemouths...it was fun!
    I tried this exact recipe Monday night on Beouf River with noodles, only exception was instead of weenies I used chicken hearts. Final tally was 31, biggest between 12-15 lbs, couple of small ones, most in the 2 lb range. Needless to say I have found a new bait!!

Champ SicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond reputeSicemDawgz has a reputation beyond repute SicemDawgz's Avatar

image.jpg

Caught on the Bouef. Pretty good night.

image.jpg
    Fished Ouachita River Saturday, caught 17. Fish have been scattered out and hard to find.

image.jpg
    34 good ones from Ouachita

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Thanks for the fish pix, Sicem! I have been hiding from the heat, except for mowing the ever-growing grass. I need to get out on the water.
    Good old Memorial Gym

We've kind of got the perch patterned right now, gonna switch modes and go after the cats this weekend. Got to start stocking the freezer for hunting season.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    We've kind of got the perch patterned right now, gonna switch modes and go after the cats this weekend. Got to start stocking the freezer for hunting season.
    How deep are they? And are you catching them with jigs or shiners? Not trying to steal your fish, just wanting some advice. Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    How deep are they? And are you catching them with jigs or shiners? Not trying to steal your fish, just wanting some advice. Thanks!!
    I very rarely use shiners. I've been catching most of my fish on the down current side of fallen trees in 8-12 feet of water. Fish are generally in 6-8 FT, occasionally 3-4 feet. The most productive color is Junebug/chartreuse. If it has a lot of current I generally don't fish it because I primarily use 1/16 oz. I bet if you drop to a 1/8 oz where you could get the bait down in the zone you could catch them. I just look for those on the inside of river bends or that's on the down current side of a bigger tree.

And my philosophy is if you're not losing jigs from being hung up, you're not fishing thick enough cover. I'll lose 4-5 jigs a trip, but there's nothing like feeling that thump and rasslin that dude out of the thick stuff.

Champ mentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud ofmentechsters has much to be proud of mentechsters's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SicemDawgz View Post
    I very rarely use shiners. I've been catching most of my fish on the down current side of fallen trees in 8-12 feet of water. Fish are generally in 6-8 FT, occasionally 3-4 feet. The most productive color is Junebug/chartreuse. If it has a lot of current I generally don't fish it because I primarily use 1/16 oz. I bet if you drop to a 1/8 oz where you could get the bait down in the zone you could catch them. I just look for those on the inside of river bends or that's on the down current side of a bigger tree.
    Thank you!!

Champ marketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond reputemarketdawg has a reputation beyond repute marketdawg's Avatar

Just upgraded from a 50hp 2-strike to a 70 hp 4-stroke...my little rig is gonna fly!
    “Towie Barclay of the Glen, Happy to the maids, But never to the men.”

+ Reply to Thread