+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What would it take for simoneaux to keep his job?

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Re: What would it take for simoneaux to keep his job?

Quote Originally Posted by Woof! View Post
    "Warm weather" schools have a HUGE budget, scholarship, recruiting, coaching, etc. advantage in college baseball and Tech should exploit this.
    Yep.

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by mentechsters View Post
    Tech is a tough place to win in any sport. I've accepted it. A million dollar dream on a minimum wage budget.
    Tech had a winning baseball program under Gravy and for a short while thereafter. The only thing that changed was coaching (and recruiting).
    Same with WBB. "Had" a winning program under legendary coaching and when coaching changed the program begin to decline. There is NO reason why Tech can't be competitive again in baseball. If ULL can be competitive then Tech can as well. As for WBB - not so sure.

Big Dog WonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of lightWonderDawg is a glorious beacon of light WonderDawg's Avatar

THIS!!!!

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

There are at least five college baseball teams in Louisiana with winning records at the present time.

Big Dog TruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the roughTruDawg is a jewel in the rough TruDawg's Avatar

There's no reason Tech can't excel in baseball. North Louisiana has some of the best talent the state can offer, and Ruston is a prime location to recruit the surrounding states as well. No excuses in my opinion.

Champ LABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant futureLABulldog has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by TruDawg View Post
    There's no reason Tech can't excel in baseball. North Louisiana has some of the best talent the state can offer, and Ruston is a prime location to recruit the surrounding states as well. No excuses in my opinion.
    True!

Puppy PNPretired isn't thought very highly of around herePNPretired isn't thought very highly of around herePNPretired isn't thought very highly of around here

Quote Originally Posted by TruDawg View Post
    I agree. Look at the 2011-2012 overall stats http://www.latechsports.com/sports/m.../teamcume.html when we came in 3rd in the WAC. No need to fabricate excuses for Sim....he's pretty good at that.

Puppy Southerntechfan is an unknown

Well considering he would fire his best friend, Andermann shows his loyalty to his job. He has also had to keep Rountree around. BR has made it through 2 other coaching changes. How is this? His pitchers cannot stop anyone. They just joined a new conference, make him find new pitching coach and make Simoneaux get on road and recruit(He did a great job at ULALA). I know for a fact baseball players did not like playing baseball that far away because the parents could not go. That has hurt recruiting. Now that they can stay in or near LA, things could change. Give him 2-3 years and see if so. No one can complain that he has improved the facilities. These 2 things may get players in.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Southerntechfan View Post
    Well considering he would fire his best friend, Andermann shows his loyalty to his job. He has also had to keep Rountree around. BR has made it through 2 other coaching changes. How is this? His pitchers cannot stop anyone. They just joined a new conference, make him find new pitching coach and make Simoneaux get on road and recruit(He did a great job at ULALA). I know for a fact baseball players did not like playing baseball that far away because the parents could not go. That has hurt recruiting. Now that they can stay in or near LA, things could change. Give him 2-3 years and see if so. No one can complain that he has improved the facilities. These 2 things may get players in.
    I know our baseball players just HATED playing in Hawai'i because their parents couldn't go... It must be impossible to recruit to that... TWO MORE YEARS! NO, THREE MORE YEARS! THREE MORE YEARS! THREE MORE YEARS!

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Simoneaux got three more years in the fall of 2011 through June 30, 2014.

Since then Tech is 55-82 (.401) and 16-41 (.281) in conference games. Simply not good enough no matter how much things have improved off the field.

Puppy C2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the roughC2MUCH is a jewel in the rough

The problem with Simoneaux...he thinks he's smarter than anyone else. Sim will not listen to any other coach, before or present, he over-coaches the players and micro manages the team. What another coach thinks is not important to him.

Next, if Sim THINKS a player can play, no matter what the stats show or what his coaches may suggest to him, he will play that person. I think he does this just to try and prove himself right. He just doesn't manage the players he has.

I've watched Tech baseball for many years and I never like to second guess any coach, but things Sim does defy logic. While sometimes going with your gut may work, baseball is still a numbers game. He does not know how to coach at this level.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C2MUCH View Post
    The problem with Simoneaux...he thinks he's smarter than anyone else. Sim will not listen to any other coach, before or present, he over-coaches the players and micro manages the team. What another coach thinks is not important to him.

Next, if Sim THINKS a player can play, no matter what the stats show or what his coaches may suggest to him, he will play that person. I think he does this just to try and prove himself right. He just doesn't manage the players he has.

I've watched Tech baseball for many years and I never like to second guess any coach, but things Sim does defy logic. While sometimes going with your gut may work, baseball is still a numbers game. He does not know how to coach at this level.
    Period....at any level.

Said so 10 years ago too.

Champ Goose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to beholdGoose is a splendid one to behold Goose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by C2MUCH View Post

Done. This is the best answer. Period. You couldn't be more right.

Sim is 70 games below .500 in conference play for his career. I don't think anything shy of a CWS appearance should save his job.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PNPretired View Post
    No need to fabricate excuses for Sim....he's pretty good at that.
    We get hits without men in scoring position. Other teams always get hits when they have men in scoring position. Bad breaks. He has been using this one for years and said it again yesterday.

+ Reply to Thread