+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Advances in C-USA Tourney

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechWBB Advances in C-USA Tourney

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    I (and this is just my humble opinion) do not think that was temporary success. While it was a very frustrating year for all of us, it was even more so for the team itself. They lost close ones all year and lost a few big ones. They just didn't have that extra spark. Shelton brought that spark back and the team responded. If she had been with us, as expected, from the beginning, I have no doubt that this team would have had the talent and depth to be at the top or close to the top of CUSA. We would have earned a bye or double bye and not had to endure 3 games in 3 days to meet UTEP on their home floor. Say what you will about the opponents, but these are teams that were seeded well ahead of us. The team turned around over night and we saw what could have been all year.

Recruiting has been exceptional this year and that will pay off with our top players returning and a big group of talent next year. We have bragged on recruits before, but we finally have a class that is back to some of the potential of the past.

Not many teams can have a season like ours and turn around and do what we did at the end. I am excited about next year and, for me, that includes Spoon.

No need to bash me for my opinion. State yours, but we all deserve to have one. That is just mine.
    Very well informed and good post!
    Like Shelton at the end, the addition of Wingate will be another dynamic addition to the team!
    And, if the BIG we are looking to sign in April is any thing like a Shelton or Wingate, then the sky may be the limit next year!
    I know it took a lot longer than most of us expected but Coach TSpoon will finely have a complete team with a very awesome group of Techsters on the bench!
    This freshman class will be significant in offering a solid bench and may very well have one or two of them break into the starting line up!
    Davenport is a young Frazier, Chase is like a having a Lulu and Jackson combined in one, 2 great point guards coming in one a Jr. college player that is quick and talented,
    the other from south Ark, that might give the Techsters a "Speedy" player on the team like the Dawgs!
    Life is funny how you have to play the hand your delt, this year we had a bad hand, and next year it is looking like we will have a great hand to play with
    If all the old Techsters fans want to stay home and read about the Techsters winning next year that fine, but "Build it, and they will come"!
    Now I am going to watch the Dawgs win it's first C-USA Tourney championship!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    Very well informed and good post!
    Like Shelton at the end, the addition of Wingate will be another dynamic addition to the team!
    And, if the BIG we are looking to sign in April is any thing like a Shelton or Wingate, then the sky may be the limit next year!
    I know it took a lot longer than most of us expected but Coach TSpoon will finely have a complete team with a very awesome group of Techsters on the bench!
    This freshman class will be significant in offering a solid bench and may very well have one or two of them break into the starting line up!
    Davenport is a young Frazier, Chase is like a having a Lulu and Jackson combined in one, 2 great point guards coming in one a Jr. college player that is quick and talented,
    the other from south Ark, that might give the Techsters a "Speedy" player on the team like the Dawgs!
    Life is funny how you have to play the hand your delt, this year we had a bad hand, and next year it is looking like we will have a great hand to play with
    If all the old Techsters fans want to stay home and read about the Techsters winning next year that fine, but "Build it, and they will come"!
    Now I am going to watch the Dawgs win it's first C-USA Tourney championship!
    AMEN! Spoon and I were messaging yesterday. No one is more devastated by the loss and season than her, but not for herself. She was upset because of the effort this team put forth in these last games and didn't get to reap the reward - fell just short against a then 24-6 team on their home court. UTEP lost to Southern Miss and will definitely be in the WNIT now.

She is VERY excited about next year with the ones we have returning and the newcomers, which ranks as our best class in years.

Like a true TECH fan of all sports, she will be on the sideline cheering on our Dawgs this morning with the Techster team behind her.

2004 and 2010-2011 BB&B Pick 'Em Contest Champion DogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond reputeDogsWin has a reputation beyond repute DogsWin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    Like a true TECH fan of all sports, she will be on the sideline cheering on our Dawgs this morning with the Techster team behind her.
    That is one of the things I love about her. She absolutely loves Louisiana Tech athletics like I love Louisiana Tech athletics!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DogsWin View Post
    That is one of the things I love about her. She absolutely loves Louisiana Tech athletics like I love Louisiana Tech athletics!
    Yes, she is true and loyal to Louisiana Tech! Love or hate her coaching, she is true to us and one of us.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

make her a dam cheerleader then i want winners i could care less if mike white ever came to another sport

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

This is not about Spoon as a person or as another Tech fan. This is about her ability, or lack thereof, to coach. Losing season last year followed by a 12-20 season. Is this where we want Tech's WBB program to be?

What if our current coach was named Theodore F. Jones and he had no connections to Tech prior to being hired as the WBB coach, would he be getting the same "mulligans" Spoon is getting? I say, nope! Coach Jones would be judged on his record and 99.999% of Tech Nation would be screaming for his head!

So....judge Spoon the same way

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

That 0.001% would be his immediate family and Champ110.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    Haha

But point taken. If Spoon *really* understands what's best for the program she will step down - it is the responsibility of the admin to make that clear to her.

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Haha

But point taken. If Spoon *really* understands what's best for the program she will step down - it is the responsibility of the admin to make that clear to her.
    hi Blue Dawg from the START Exxon

Thnx for your loyalty to the Techsters this season, you were always there, see ya next season, been canoeing on the Tensas today.

Don't be mistaken, though. As much as Spoon has meant to this program, I will be supportive of the new HC just as much. My love is for the Lady Techsters (which she was a HUGE part of building). That is where my loyalties will always be!

Now, we are in a dicey situation. The wrong choice for a replacement will be devastating. The right choice could mean a complete turn around. We made a an awesome choice with White - let's see if we can do it with WBB, as well!

Dang it, champ, when you post something logical like that you leave me speechless, er, postless!

Dang it, champ, when you post something logical like that you leave me speechless, er, postless!
    I am good at that! hahaha

Seriously, I wish they would have offered her a place in the athletic department and not just terminated the contract. I am always a Techster fan first, though - always!

We need to act quick, though. She had an awesome class coming in and we don't need to lose any of them. We need to keep them all in the fold. It bothered me that Tommy stated that there is no timetable. I hope that was just A.D. speak.

Big Dog ACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to allACSlatech1994 is a name known to all

With the timing of this decision, i have to believe that conversations have already taken place as to who might be available or interested in the job. i agree that a decision needs to come fairly soon. The late signing period begins mid-april and we are still in need of a post player who can score, defend and Rebound consistently.

+ Reply to Thread