View Poll Results: So what level would you be happy with the Lady Techsters returning to?

Voters
105. You may not vote on this poll
  • competing for the conference championship every year

10 9.52%
  • regularly getting into the NCAA tournament

30 28.57%
  • winning NCAA tournament games on a frequent basis

18 17.14%
  • being a perennial top-25 team

30 28.57%
  • getting into Final Fours

3 2.86%
  • winning another national championship

14 13.33%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What level would you be happy with?

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

What level would you be happy with?

According to The Times, Leon Barmore said this:

"We’re in a league where we finished 14th out of 16? Come on now. We’re in a C-USA conference we can definitely win and we can get back to the NCAA playoffs. I wouldn’t dare put pressure on Tyler and say we gotta be in the Final Four tomorrow. That may never happen again, but we can reach a level we would all be happy with."

So what level would you be happy with?

Champ Russdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond reputeRussdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Re: What level would you be happy with?

Excellent topic. I really want post season EVERY year. This pretty much means competing for conference titles, regular NCAA is super, WNIT with HOME games is a nice consolation. But perennial top 25 accomplishes everything including a decent NCAA sede. Darn cellphone, sorry for the typos.

Champ 96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough96bulldog is a jewel in the rough 96bulldog's Avatar

I agree with you, Russdawg. Becoming a perennial top 25 team I think is the right goal. I am not saying top 10, but being consistent in winning 20+ games every year, always being one of the top 2 teams in the conference, and getting top 100 type recruits in each class will always have us in a position to compete with practically anyone on any given night.

The heyday of top 5 rankings, Final Four appearances for every player, and national championships is probably past. But getting back into the top 25 isn't.

Champ Cool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond reputeCool Hand Clyde has a reputation beyond repute

The level were increased financial contributions for Lady Techsters basketball came from increased ticket sales, increased LTAC donations, and other donor sources and not from football revenue.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Top 25 team on a regular basis. We should be able to accomplish that. Of course, you ALWAYS aim for Final Fours and NC's in EVERY program. That should always be the ultimate goal.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

HOWEVER, don't think for one second that Tyler Summitt is not thinking Final Fours and National Championships. That is the only thing he knows and will work VERY hard to get us there. That is his goal, even if it takes some time.

I am surprised by the number of responses for just competing for conference championships and regularly getting into the NCAA tournament. Do they realize this is all that we did from 2005-2011? We got in the post season for most of those years, but didn't do anything:

2005 - NCAA, lost in first round (20-10)
    2006 - NCAA, lost in first round (26-5)
    2007 - Missed the post season (17-13)
    2008 - Missed the post season (16-15)
    2009 - NIT, lost in second round (21-13)
    2010 - NCAA, lost in first round (23-9)
    2011 - NCAA, lost in first round (24-8)

That is not a level I would be happy getting back to.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 96bulldog View Post
    I am surprised by the number of responses for just competing for conference championships and regularly getting into the NCAA tournament. Do they realize this is all that we did from 2005-2011? We got in the post season for most of those years, but didn't do anything:

2005 - NCAA, lost in first round (20-10)
    2006 - NCAA, lost in first round (26-5)
    2007 - Missed the post season (17-13)
    2008 - Missed the post season (16-15)
    2009 - NIT, lost in second round (21-13)
    2010 - NCAA, lost in first round (23-9)
    2011 - NCAA, lost in first round (24-8)

That is not a level I would be happy getting back to.
    We didn't exactly "miss" the postseason in 2007... We turned it down...

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    HOWEVER, don't think for one second that Tyler Summitt is not thinking Final Fours and National Championships. That is the only thing he knows and will work VERY hard to get us there. That is his goal, even if it takes some time.
    Yes -- I think that is his goal, too. I realized that the moment I saw that he put the Lady Techsters' National Championship banners on his Facebook page.

But since the question posed by Barmore's quote is about what would we be happy with, I should have phrased my earlier response as saying "I would be happy with a program that is perennially in the top 25." If we are in the top 25 regularly, then we would be in position to have that magical season where the team chemistry is right, the coaching correct, a star player or two blossoms, and we make it back to the Final Four and the NC.

As a comparison, in the seven years from 1998-2004, here is what we did:

2004 - NCAA, lost in Sweet Sixteen (29-3)
    2003 - NCAA, lost in Sweet Sixteen (31-3)
    2002 - NCAA, lost in first round (25-5)
    2001 - NCAA, lost in Elite Eight (31-5)
    2000 - NCAA, lost in Elite Eight (31-3)
    1999 - NCAA, lost in Final Four (30-3)
    1998 - NCAA, lost in National Championship (31-4)

Champ BruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud ofBruceWillisDawg has much to be proud of

Competing for conference championship and a bid to NCAA every year is a realistic expectation. Anything better than that would be lagniappe but certainly not impossible. We want to a RELEVANT again but we have a long road to get there.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

I voted for the top- I would be very happy with a National Championship again. Now, I can also be happy with a consistent winner that is working to get to the final four and actually compete at that level. I can also be happy just competing at a high level- but man it would be fun to win again.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I want to be where UCONN and ND are now....

Quote Originally Posted by Cal&Ken View Post
    I voted for the top- I would be very happy with a National Championship again. Now, I can also be happy with a consistent winner that is working to get to the final four and actually compete at that level. I can also be happy just competing at a high level- but man it would be fun to win again.
    As we start to win again, I suspect people's expectations will rise.

Varsity Bulldog DelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the rough

Perennial top 25 or Final Four. I think if we stay in the top 25 we should occasionally see an Elite 8 or Final Four appearance.

I would love to get back to the point where every 4 year player goes to at least 1 final Four.

+ Reply to Thread