+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoon

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Spoon

I'm shocked that the administration pulled the trigger on firing Teresa Weatherspoon, but it had to be done.

Teresa saved our butts after she took over for Chris Long and led the team to the Women's NIT & two trips to the NCAA Tournament in her first three seasons. However, the bottom fell out shortly afterward. The program had to change direction after two straight losing seasons and no improvement on the horizon.

Either the talent isn't there, or the players aren't being developed to their full potential. Both cases don't reflect well on the head coach after three straight struggling seasons.

I wish Teresa Weatherspoon the best and thank her for her years of service to the university as a player and coach. From here, it's onward and upward for the Lady Techsters.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

The only celebrating to do here is that Tech now has the athletic and university administration with the cojones to make decisions that have to be made. We couldn't say that this time last year. And that bodes well for the future of Tech athletics.

Champ BuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant futureBuzDawg73 has a brilliant future BuzDawg73's Avatar

Not saying it is not the correct decision, but it makes me sad. I wish her the best.

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    Not saying it is not the correct decision, but it makes me sad. I wish her the best.
    I agree. But, you can't let emotion get in the way of rational thinking. The move was the right decision to make.

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post
    Kim Mulkey.
    OK. There. I typed her name.
    Can that be the last time we see it in this post? Probably not.
    Kim should be offered the job first. I realize she probably won't accept such a cut in pay, but we'll never know if we don't ask. Another candidate to consider is VJ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vickie_Johnson

and p. 45 of http://www.wnba.com/silverstars/medi...edia_Guide.pdf

I'm sure there are many others to consider too.

Quote Originally Posted by LT View Post
    Kim should be offered the job first. I realize she probably won't accept such a cut in pay, but we'll never know if we don't ask. Another candidate to consider is VJ

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vickie_Johnson

and p. 45 of http://www.wnba.com/silverstars/medi...edia_Guide.pdf

I'm sure there are many others to consider too.
    How about Brooke and Scott Stoehr from Northwestern State?

Champ LT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the roughLT is a jewel in the rough

This is the first time the Women's Basketball Forum has had more visitors than football and mbb in a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by BuzDawg73 View Post
    ditto

thank you, Teresa

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Sad it ended like this.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    Dittos - this board has so many of these so called "Fans" who only thrive on stuff like this and making intelligent comments like "stick it up yours.."
    Bulldogbacker2 is an NLULM fan trolling on here. I think he/she should have been banned a long time ago.
    Last edited by Dawg06; 03-16-2014 at 12:58 AM.

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

very sad day for me here!
    Not so sure that all the great talent comeing in should still consider
    LaTech
    If they do any coach will be able to have a great season next year disspite their coaching ability!
    We will owe all that to coach TSpoon!!
    Good luck my friend!
    Your legacy at LaTech will always be remembered!

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by BlindDog View Post
    very sad day for me here!
    Not so sure that all the great talent comeing in should still consider
    LaTech
    If they do any coach will be able to have a great season next year disspite their coaching ability!
    We will owe all that to coach TSpoon!!
    Good luck my friend!
    Your legacy at LaTech will always be remembered!
    Now, I would not mind la. Select coaching this team Coach TSpoon was finally able to put together that is sure to take the program forward!
    Just a sad day for me that she will not be there to coach the team she finely worked so hard to get together for LaTech!

You know La. Select and VJ are cousins!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I cannot celebrate Spoon being let go. My wishes have always been for the Techsters to do well, though. I hope Tech made the right decision. We turned a chapter and I wish nothing but the best to Spoon for the future. No matter what happened on the court the last couple of years, she has been a great ambassador for Louisiana Tech from the time she stepped on campus as a player until now. I hope she will continue to support the program!

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

They say there is no timetable, but they better act quick. We do not want to lose any current players or recruits. Next year was the best class on paper in years.

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Congrats to the admin for making an adult decision. Now that they know how, let's see them repeat it by dumping Sim as well.

+ Reply to Thread