+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Spoon

Champ philgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her gamephilgarris is on top of his/her game

Re: Spoon

Making these decisions is never easy. Spoon will be fine and end up thriving wherever she goes. She did the best she could with what she had to work with.
    Brooke and Scott would be a good call, Tom Collins would be a good call but I would love to see them hit up Paul Westhead who was at Oregon.
    This will cause some of the recruits to back away but the new coach will have three years to get his/her kids and system in place.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Yes i support both...i am a seson ticket holder...i just speak as i feel...always said it is nothing personal...i appreciate her as a player and the effort she put in...

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Sppon will land on her feet and I will continue to thank her for all she did to help build the Techster's into what they were! She is a true Tech person and, from our conversation this morning, she still loves La. Tech! Now, the BIG questions is if we will be able to keep our recruits and players - plus, get someone that will get us back on track. Finding the right coach is a difficult task.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

She is part of the history of the program. She has an infectious personality. She is a leader on the court as a player. Those things did not translate into her being a good coach. I was one of the fans who supported her being hired when Long was fired. I did question lack of experience, but I thought she would be willing to listen, learn, and surround herself with assistants who had far more experience. Unfortunately, that is not what happened.

Spoon is now back where she belongs...part of the past of Lady Techster basketball. Now it is time to turn the attention to the future of the program.

Champ fanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the roughfanfromafar is a jewel in the rough

While I understand your opinion, she has also received a lot...a free education, national profile, opportunity to play for national championships, and a salary as a head coach with no head coaching experience. Teresa has given a lot to Tech, but she has also received a lot.

Big Dog DarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really niceDarboneDon is just really nice

I will always be a fan of Spoon!!

Champ bleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to beholdbleudog is a splendid one to behold bleudog's Avatar

Here's BTB's article on the release: http://latech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1620686

Good luck Spoon. This didn't work out but she was and always will be a key part of the great history that was Lady Techster basketball.

Tech just needs to go about the business of finding a way of becoming relevant in women's basketball once again.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Champ....would the kids we signed have a way to op out

Just curious...sounds like a good class

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bleudog View Post
    Here's BTB's article on the release: http://latech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1620686

Good luck Spoon. This didn't work out but she was and always will be a key part of the great history that was Lady Techster basketball.

Tech just needs to go about the business of finding a way of becoming relevant in women's basketball once again.
    When the byline says "News Services - special to BleedTechBlue.com" it means they copied and pasted the release from Tech's SID. I'm pretty sure Malcolm wrote that article.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Here comes Karl.

@TheDeliverer_32: It's is an absolute sad day at Louisiana Tech Athletics, with the firing of Coach Spoon.
    @TheDeliverer_32: And I am ashamed, once again, on the way the powers to be handled the situation. So until Louisiana Tech start to think about the students.
    @TheDeliverer_32: ..and student athletes my family and I will no longer give financial support to the school.
    @TheDeliverer_32: Also, I have a whole lot of time. Why don't, before decisions are made, we have a open forum. To get more people involved for the betterment
    @TheDeliverer_32: ..of our community and Louisiana Tech. LA Tech is more and more reminding me of our federal government who's holding them accountable?
    @TheDeliverer_32: One other thought, wouldn't It be nice to have two to three former Tech athletes involved in decision making? I'll do it for free!
    Then KJ chimes in:
    @Kj63Kj: @TheDeliverer_32 LSU!!!
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    When the byline says "News Services - special to BleedTechBlue.com" it means they copied and pasted the release from Tech's SID. I'm pretty sure Malcolm wrote that article.
    You think?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

wow

have to say he aint afraid to speak his mind

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

While I can appreciate Karl's distrust of our admin, they were right to fire Spoon, and I trust his judgement even less. Rupp was his guy....abject disaster. Karl has no experience in college athletics outside of hanging around Tech lately. He is a big donor and he can carry his money if he wants to, but I am not sure we should let all big donors/former athletes have a say in running the athletic department.

+ Reply to Thread