+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 LastLast

Thread: Spoon

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: Spoon

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    How could one disagree?
    I can neither agree nor disagree. I cannot say whether an emotional attachment to one's offspring represents an evolutionary advantage, because I do not recognize the underlying assumption of evolution.

You may as well ask whether I agree that Fridays are blue.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post
    I can neither agree nor disagree. I cannot say whether an emotional attachment to one's offspring represents an evolutionary advantage, because I do not recognize the underlying assumption of evolution.

You may as well ask whether I agree that Fridays are blue.
    Perhaps you prefer to believe that a god imbued an intrinsic value into people that you are keenly able to perceive rather than believe that your nature has been predisposed to love your offspring based on a billion years of evolution, where unconditional love for children was more successful than the alternatives.

But I don't see how you can say that unconditional love and evolution are mutually exclusive. That statement seems like a stretch.

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Perhaps you prefer to believe that a god imbued an intrinsic value into people that you are keenly able to perceive rather than believe that your nature has been predisposed to love your offspring based on a billion years of evolution, where unconditional love for children was more successful than the alternatives.

But I don't see how you can say that unconditional love and evolution are mutually exclusive. That statement seems like a stretch.
    Well ... reasonable individuals can disagree on premise.

Champ Lotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant futureLotsudo has a brilliant future

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    NEWS FLASH! We now have a new coach! We ARE moving forward! http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showt...ech-Head-Coach
    PIT! Really hated to bump this thread but I think it's time boys and girls!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by Lotsudo View Post
    PIT! Really hated to bump this thread but I think it's time boys and girls!
    Where is my double face-palm thingy?
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

That's about 30 min of my life I can never get back.

Varsity Bulldog sportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of light sportkid's Avatar

[QUOTE=Champ967;1428044]I can neither agree nor disagree. I cannot say whether an emotional attachment to one's offspring represents an evolutionary advantage, because I do not recognize the underlying assumption of evolution.

You may as well ask whether I agree that Fridays are blue.[/QUOTE]

Fridays are red. It is Tuesdays that are blue.

Varsity Bulldog DelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the roughDelhiDawg is a jewel in the rough

[QUOTE=sportkid;1428527]
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ967 View Post

You may as well ask whether I agree that Fridays are blue.[/QUOTE]

Fridays are red. It is Tuesdays that are blue.
    Tech fans always wear blue. Unless it's a red/white - out game.

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

For those wanting to know the answers to tons of questions, look up videos of Ravi Zacharias. Brilliant guy. Ultimately respectful. Great info on faith. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who is more well versed in nearly if not every world religion or world view.

Puppy Friscofan is just really niceFriscofan is just really niceFriscofan is just really niceFriscofan is just really niceFriscofan is just really niceFriscofan is just really niceFriscofan is just really niceFriscofan is just really niceFriscofan is just really niceFriscofan is just really niceFriscofan is just really nice

Quote Originally Posted by techman05 View Post
    For those wanting to know the answers to tons of questions, look up videos of Ravi Zacharias. Brilliant guy. Ultimately respectful. Great info on faith. I think you would be hard pressed to find someone who is more well versed in nearly if not every world religion or world view.
    Super idea! A doubledawg challenge for Guisslapp. Would like to hear his comments after listening to some of Ravi's thoughts. I mean this sincerely.
    We shouldn't get too hung up on how we all got here, but more importantly, why we're here. There is a reason and it's not by happenstance or a continuum of some sort of evolvement. I also believe that the reason we are here won't necessarily be clear until we get to eternity, because in the big picture (plan), it's not about us. It's about the God that created us.
    Another great source of info from real scientist, that love to discuss this topic and study it more than we do, is the Institute for Creation Research. ICR. Check that out. Very strong scientific evidence for creation.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Why must there be a reason that we are here. That is a big assumption.
    Jordan Mills on choosing Tech:
    “It’s a great experience seeing them play. It was a good atmosphere. The fans stood up the whole game and never sat down. They have a great fan base.”

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Why must there be a reason that we are here.
    What have you observed that doesn't have a cause?
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    What have you observed that doesn't have a cause?
    Cause and reason are two separate things. Reason implies a rational actor.

Prime mover argument has been debunked time and time again. I am not going to get into that on my iPhone. It is discussed thoroughly all over the internet, and in earlier threads on this website.

2011 Pick 'Em Champion johnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond reputejohnnylightnin has a reputation beyond repute johnnylightnin's Avatar

Well, if it's on the internet...
    Time is your friend. Impulse is your enemy. -John Bogle

Quote Originally Posted by johnnylightnin View Post
    Well, if it's on the internet...
    bonjour ...

+ Reply to Thread