+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Louisiana' will play in NCAA tourney

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Warning 'Louisiana' will play in NCAA tourney

And here. We. Go...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...y-NCAA-tourney

"But Monroe is not really in Louisiana"

"
    So if a school in Louisiana in addition to LSU wants to be known as Louisiana or have Louisiana prominently in its name, the one in Lafayette is more deserving than any other that wants Louisiana to be in its name."

Champ BlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud ofBlindDog has much to be proud of

Re: 'Louisiana' will play in NCAA tourney

Overall, was a nice read!
    A nice dig on the Tigger Fans!

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Where are all those NE La politicians that were in such an uproar a few weeks ago?

Champ weunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud ofweunice has much to be proud of weunice's Avatar

ULM should just change their name back to NLU. Then this whole thing would be over. I seem to recall the law required both to have UL in their name and if one didn't the other couldn't. Maybe I am forgetting wrong ... still .. it would be funny.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    And here. We. Go...

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/artic...y-NCAA-tourney

"But Monroe is not really in Louisiana"

"
    So if a school in Louisiana in addition to LSU wants to be known as Louisiana or have Louisiana prominently in its name, the one in Lafayette is more deserving than any other that wants Louisiana to be in its name."

My reply:
    First off, it is against Louisiana law for UL-L (or any member institution of the University of Louisiana System) to use such a moniker. Second off, the Gannett newspaper in Monroe helps budget/pay your salary. Are they not located in the state of Louisiana, now?
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Champ dawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud ofdawgtired has much to be proud of

Well if North Louisiana isn't really Louisiana, then I would like a refund of the tax dollars I pay to Louisiana.

Administrator qng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond reputeqng001 has a reputation beyond repute qng001's Avatar

I wonder how many folks in south Louisiana watch Duck Dynasty?

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

South Louisiana has never considered anything north of Alexandria As Part Of Louisiana. North Louisiana has traditionally lined up better with Dallas - followed Dallas Cowboys until Saints started winning. North and South Louisiana are like two different countries. In eyes of South Louisiana there is New Orleans, Cajuns and LSU Are Louisiana. North Louisiana only gets on map-if LSU wants an athlete from here. I wish Texas would annex north Louisiana.

Champ Woof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to beholdWoof! is a splendid one to behold

Quote Originally Posted by TechFanno1 View Post
    North Louisiana has traditionally lined up better with Dallas - followed Dallas Cowboys until Saints started winning. North and South Louisiana are like two different countries. In eyes of South Louisiana there is New Orleans, Cajuns and LSU Are Louisiana. North Louisiana only gets on map-if LSU wants an athlete from here. I wish Texas would annex north Louisiana.
    The construction of I-49 has changed a lot of this.

Big Dog TechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the roughTechFanno1 is a jewel in the rough

I agree-Along with Saints winning.Politics give the edge to South Louisiana - follow the $$. Still a great divide. I would agree they are great fans Of The Duck Commander.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

The UL-L jock-sniffers commenting on the article are now wanting me to lawyer up to defend my opinion. Hell, the ULS has plenty of lawyer to enforce their policy. No need to add any more.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

Varsity Bulldog chew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timechew4219 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

Quote Originally Posted by Dawgpix View Post

My reply:
    First off, it is against Louisiana law for UL-L (or any member institution of the University of Louisiana System) to use such a moniker. Second off, the Gannett newspaper in Monroe helps budget/pay your salary. Are they not located in the state of Louisiana, now?
    Tom, I assume your full legal name is Thomas. So legally you have no right to use the name Tom.

That is the logic you are using here. Childish. The use of Louisiana as an athletic branding has been vetted by the ULS so getting in an uproar and your panties in a wad every time someone in the media uses "Louisiana" is petty.

La Tech is a great brand and solid university. La Tech will NEVER be a "flagship" school and neither will the University of Louisiana at Lafayette.

Champ DONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond reputeDONW has a reputation beyond repute

What an ignorant writer!!!! Is he serious or is this satire???

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by DONW View Post
    What an ignorant writer!!!! Is he serious or is this satire???
    I think it's a trolling effort by Guilbeau, a piece meant to get a reaction out of people. That said, I don't think this is satire.

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

This whole thing pisses me off so much.

+ Reply to Thread