+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 'Louisiana' will play in NCAA tourney

Champ THEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond reputeTHEarmada has a reputation beyond repute THEarmada's Avatar

Re: 'Louisiana' will play in NCAA tourney

Quote Originally Posted by chew4219 View Post
    Dude La Tech is not the official name of your university either. Are y'all being dishonest by abbreviating Louisiana and not including university in your athletic branding
    Are you really comparing an abbreviation which accurately reflects the official title of our university with purposefully leaving off a specific designation of your university. Shortening of a school's designation by leaving off the "general" word university is also not the same as leaving of a "specific" designation of your university. Deceit is unbecoming.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by chew4219 View Post
    Dude La Tech is not the official name of your university either. Are y'all being dishonest by abbreviating Louisiana and not including university in your athletic branding
    We've been over this before...System rules do not prohibit the use of "LA Tech".

System rules DO prohibit the use of "UL" without the second "L" for the Lafayette city location, "University of Louisiana" without "at" and the city location, and "Louisiana" (abbreviated version of "University of Louisiana") "for academic, public relations, athletic, as well as other purposes not specified..."

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

chew is a coon ass MORon.

Varsity Bulldog LThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your timeLThoo Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

System rules DO prohibit the use of "UL" without the second "L" for the Lafayette city location, "University of Louisiana" without "at" and the city location
    This is correct. Which is why they don't call athletics "UL".

and "Louisiana" (abbreviated version of "University of Louisiana")
    This is incorrect. Using "Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns" or "Louisiana Ragin Cajuns" as an athletic branding (which is the only place its used), isn't addressed. Loopholes FTW.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post
    This is incorrect. Using "Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns" or "Louisiana Ragin Cajuns" as an athletic branding (which is the only place its used), isn't addressed. Loopholes FTW.
    Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns I had no problem with. The possessive form cannot be mistaken as an abbreviation for "University of Louisiana".

Dropping the "'s" was an intentional and blatant attempt to circumvent the rules that I quoted above clearly stating that the use is prohibited for athletic and any other purpose.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

I've got to be honest. It doesn't bother me anymore.

If we would just take care of our business in the court, field, classroom, and market what we are good at, what they call themselves should be no concern of ours.

I won't call them "Louisiana" but I no longer care. (Especially if it pisses off a bunch of tiger fans)

They've actually had a good athletic year. Their academics aren't that far off in the rankings from ours, and while we compete for a few football recruits and a couple of south La students, by in large it's not them we are competing directly with.

I believe it's the bottom feeder barely above juco four year universities like lsu-Shreveport, nlu, lsu-a, southern...etc. that suck from the higher education budget in this state.

(Ps. I still hate them, but just care even less what they want to call themselves)

Apathy is surrender.

Champ DFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really niceDFWDawg is just really nice DFWDawg's Avatar

Congrats to the Cajuns getting into the NCAA tournament. Its up to Tech to get its own way there. We have a great team, no doubt. Things did not go our way, but we have lots to be proud of. Lets focus on us and what we can control.
    Last edited by DFWDawg; 03-17-2014 at 11:02 PM. Reason: spelling

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LThoo View Post

This is correct. Which is why they don't call athletics "UL".

They don't use UL?

Using Louisiana certainly implies University of Louisiana and that they are the lead/flagship/main university in the system which definitely violates state law and ULS policy.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baw011 View Post
    I've got to be honest. It doesn't bother me anymore.

If we would just take care of our business in the court, field, classroom, and market what we are good at, what they call themselves should be no concern of ours.

I won't call them "Louisiana" but I no longer care. (Especially if it pisses off a bunch of tiger fans)

They've actually had a good athletic year. Their academics aren't that far off in the rankings from ours, and while we compete for a few football recruits and a couple of south La students, by in large it's not them we are competing directly with.

I believe it's the bottom feeder barely above juco four year universities like lsu-Shreveport, nlu, lsu-a, southern...etc. that suck from the higher education budget in this state.

(Ps. I still hate them, but just care even less what they want to call themselves)
    Very sad. Not caring is saying that you are OK with being viewed as one of "UL's" eight satellite campuses, which should be unacceptable to all Tech alumni.

Champ baw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond reputebaw011 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Very sad. Not caring is saying that you are OK with being viewed as one of "UL's" eight satellite campuses, which should be unacceptable to all Tech alumni.
    I would think they will be similar to Texas State (San Marcos). I know it's a slightly different situation because we're in the same system. But nobody thinks Tx St's new name affects Texas Tech. If we develop political relationships, focus on getting enrollment up, keep building corporate partnerships, and actually turn that corner in athletics we've been so close to I just don't think it'll matter.

(Then again I've taken the championship game loss pretty hard and am in some step of grieving/apathy. Maybe I'll go back to caring next week)

I would think they will be similar to Texas State (San Marcos). I know it's a slightly different situation because we're in the same system. But nobody thinks Tx St's new name affects Texas Tech. If we develop political relationships, focus on getting enrollment up, keep building corporate partnerships, and actually turn that corner in athletics we've been so close to I just don't think it'll matter.

(Then again I've taken the championship game loss pretty hard and am in some step of grieving/apathy. Maybe I'll go back to caring next week)
    Not the same. Different systems with the Texas schools. We are in the UL System. Texas State did it the legal way. ULL did not. And being State is not the same as being University of. Texas State isn't even a national research university. Texas Tech is in the BIG 12 while Texas State is one of Benson's latest FCS call-ups to the Belch. C-USA is no Big 12. Not a good comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    Not the same. Different systems with the Texas schools. We are in the UL System. Texas State did it the legal way. ULL did not. And being State is not the same as being University of. Texas State isn't even a national research university. Texas Tech is in the BIG 12 while Texas State is one of Benson's latest FCS call-ups to the Belch. C-USA is no Big 12. Not a good comparison.
    Deep down you know I agree (or at least used to). I'm just tired of fighting defending, scratching and clawing for everything Tech gets. It's exhausting

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Deep down you know I agree (or at least used to). I'm just tired of fighting defending, scratching and clawing for everything Tech gets. It's exhausting
    That's what all the Waterboys in Lafayette want to happen.
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

What's the punishment for a school claiming 4 vacated NCAA Tournament appearances?

+ Reply to Thread