+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iona's Last Shot

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Iona's Last Shot

I don't know if we will ever see that exciting of a game again in the TAC. Amazing! We need to take it to Georgia now!

Big Dog LongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the roughLongtimeDawgfan is a jewel in the rough LongtimeDawgfan's Avatar

Varsity Bulldog Dawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her gameDawgyinmiami is on top of his/her game Dawgyinmiami's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but it kind of fits here so I'll ask...

In the last minute we were up by 1 and Kyzer was called for a foul away from the ball. This lead to them going down the floor and getting what looked like a cheap foul on Anderson(?). They had been letting them get away with much worse all night.

Pretty sure the same guy made both calls. I think he is also the one who wouldn't give us the 1 and 1 on the offensive foul earlier.

How did all this look on TV and what were the announcers saying?
    I actually kind of thought this all worked out in our favor. The way they were knocking down threes, it forced them into a two point play and gave us plenty of time to go back down the court and score the winning bucket. When I first saw it I kind of thought it might have been drawn up that way by Coach White...do whatever it takes to keep them from shooting another three. A foul under the basket stops the clock and negates the three point play.

Dawgyinmiami

Administrator DocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond reputeDocMarvin362 has a reputation beyond repute DocMarvin362's Avatar

I'm sure this has been discussed somewhere, but it kind of fits here so I'll ask...

In the last minute we were up by 1 and Kyzer was called for a foul away from the ball. This lead to them going down the floor and getting what looked like a cheap foul on Anderson(?). They had been letting them get away with much worse all night.

Pretty sure the same guy made both calls. I think he is also the one who wouldn't give us the 1 and 1 on the offensive foul earlier.

http://espn.go.com/watchespn/player/_/id/1657315/

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

I thought he had a case of "little man" syndrome. Neither of those calls were consistent with how the rest of the game was called. Both came at pivotal times too. Maybe he wanted some attention. Ultimately, we might have benefitted from the foul called on Anderson because I'm pretty sure they had the possession arrow.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Big Dog DrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to allDrDawg is a name known to all

Yes, that foul actually gave us the best chance to win the game in my mind. Iona did have the possession arrow, and would have received the ball with 13 or so seconds left in the game if a jump ball had been called. In that situation, Iona would have had the last shot to win, with us being the ones throwing the 3/4 court lob to the goal.

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrDawg View Post
    Yes, that foul actually gave us the best chance to win the game in my mind. Iona did have the possession arrow, and would have received the ball with 13 or so seconds left in the game if a jump ball had been called. In that situation, Iona would have had the last shot to win, with us being the ones throwing the 3/4 court lob to the goal.
    An unintentional/intentional. Mike White is a GENIUS!:icon_wink:

I was pissed when the gave the ball to them on the Kyzer foul call. I was LIVID when they called the cheap foul on Anderson. Never thought about the ref trying to help us.

Moderator & 2008 NFL Survivor Contest Champion sportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond reputesportdawg has a reputation beyond repute sportdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NavyBulldog1 View Post
    I posted this in the Iona thread, but its so awesome I'm repeating it here.

Check out the last second shot and the refs reaction at the ~26 second mark, I think everyone had a oh **** moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tpVeq6VEIA

+ Reply to Thread