+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: From the Rumor Mill

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: From the Rumor Mill

More on the NSU situation.....

Looks like there won't be an interim prez. Woodley wants the new prez in place before Sept 1st. The search committee has been formed and the process is full steam ahead.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jellidawg View Post
    In an email that has been sent to faculty and the E&S Foundation Board,

In the coming weeks, we will be interviewing three candidates for the Dean of the College of Engineering & Science. As part of the interview, the candidates will make a public presentation followed by a Q&A period.

The first candidate to be interviewed is Professor Kenneth J. Fridley, PhD, FASCE, Head of the Department of Civil Engineering at University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa. His presentation will be at 2:30 PM on March 25, 2014 at the IfM auditorium.

The second candidate is Professor Hisham Hegab, Interim Dean of COES, Louisiana Tech University. His presentation will be at 2:00 PM on April 1, 2014 at the IfM auditorium.

The third candidate is Professor Mohammad Kiani, Professor of Mechanical Engineering, Bioengineering, and Radiation Oncology, and Department Head of Mechanical Engineering at Temple University, Philadelphia. His presentation will be at 2:30 PM on April 4, 2014 at the IfM
    auditorium.

All of the candidates appear to be very good.
    It looks like a decision has been made and Hegab has had "interim" removed from his title.

http://www.thenewsstar.com/article/2...ng-and-Science

Hope he does well.

Champ TechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud ofTechDawgMc has much to be proud of

Quote Originally Posted by Guisslapp View Post
    What percentage of "hospitals" are administrated by surgeons? I would have guessed this was a low number.
    Probably varies, but I've known of several where the top person, at least, is a physician. Now how much they defer to the business types for key decisions, I'm not sure.

Dawg Adamant Argument Czar Guisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond reputeGuisslapp has a reputation beyond repute Guisslapp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TechDawgMc View Post
    Probably varies, but I've known of several where the top person, at least, is a physician. Now how much they defer to the business types for key decisions, I'm not sure.
    I have only seen it in research hospitals, but it was also clear from the management structure that they were really only managing the research activities.

Champ JDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant futureJDubyadawg has a brilliant future JDubyadawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dawg80 View Post
    I don't think so. In fact, gonna go out on a limb and say a definitive no.

I have posted many times that I think prezzes of universities ought to be MBAs. And, not just have one, but actually FUNCTION like one! This crap of PhDs in English, or History, or Math, or whatever becoming CEOs of $multi-million organizations has gotten higher-ed into the financial crisis we have now. But, that is just my opinion.

Yep that F. Jay Taylor guy really sucked huh?

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    On a related note, Grambling's President Frank Pogue has decided to resign effective June 30th.
    Update on Grambling...

The UL System Board Chair may recommend Dr. Cynthia Warrick as the Interim President of Grambling Stat eUNiversity during the next board meeting on the 27th.

http://ulsystem.edu/assets/docs/sear...une%202014.PDF (Page 6)

http://www.ulsystem.edu/assets/docs/...%20Warrick.pdf

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by TechAlum05 View Post
    On a related note, Grambling's President Frank Pogue has decided to resign effective June 30th.
    Cynthia Warrick took over as Interim President of Grambling State University today.

According to Sean Isabella on Twitter, Aaron James is out as Grambling AD and Joseph Price is out as Grambling's Men's Basketball Coach after going 5-52 in his two seasons at the school.

+ Reply to Thread