+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Georgetown/FSU Viewing at the TAC

Varsity Bulldog deb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her gamedeb025 is on top of his/her game

Re: Georgetown/FSU Viewing at the TAC

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    IF it happens, it'll be one of the more impressive crowds for television than most NIT and many NCAA games I've watched.
    We will get a lot of Bulldogs fans that live in Texas for this one, guaranteed. My brother will be one of them. I think any Tech fan within 3 to 5 hours away will think about attending this game.

Champ turbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond reputeturbodawg has a reputation beyond repute turbodawg's Avatar

And, partially for reference, but mostly just because:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4tpVeq6VEIA

Super Moderator PawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond reputePawDawg has a reputation beyond repute PawDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by turbodawg View Post
    And, partially for reference, but mostly just because:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4tpVeq6VEIA
    Easily a top 10 moment in Tech basketball.

Champ Geaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond reputeGeaux Dawgs has a reputation beyond repute

Not to discount previous responses, but why don't we match up well with FSU? We beat them last year in the NIT. Do they now have 1-2 bigs we need to worry about?

2006 & 2011 BB&B Men's Bracket Champion (investigation underway) boxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond reputeboxerdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Geaux Dawgs View Post
    Not to discount previous responses, but why don't we match up well with FSU? We beat them last year in the NIT. Do they now have 1-2 bigs we need to worry about?
    I think it has more to do with Fla State being the better team from a tougher conference than any specific match-up per se. Hosting Georgetown is much more in our favor than traveling to Tallahassee.
    Have you considered those Dogs?

Champ OmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud ofOmahaDawg has much to be proud of OmahaDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maddawg View Post
    It should be actual attendance. Supposedly the NIT keeps track.

Not sure where the extra 4K folks are gonna come from on a Wednesday one hour after quitting time, but I hope y'all are right.
    They should come through a communication today via our AthDept that if we play at home on Wed area businesses close early (3p or 4p). But that is just what happened here on Friday for Neb and Creighton and those were TV games...communication.

Varsity Bulldog sportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of lightsportkid is a glorious beacon of light sportkid's Avatar

They should make an announcement today that if Georgetown wins, the ticket office will be open and selling tickets from the game's end until midnight(or whatever times they choose). Be proactive and ahead of the curve. This should go out as soon as possible.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by sportkid View Post
    They should make an announcement today that if Georgetown wins, the ticket office will be open and selling tickets from the game's end until midnight(or whatever times they choose). Be proactive and ahead of the curve. This should go out as soon as possible.
    Got an email today saying exactly this.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dawg View Post
    Word has been around on social media from fans, as well. I spoke to a casual fan today that would have never known how the outcome of that game would affect us, if not for social media. She will be tuning in to watch the Georgetown/Florida State game now.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

Don't be too surprised if all tickets Wednesday night will be general admission with no reserved seating. That's how it was done at Georgia and at Florida State. Some of the Georgia fans were very unhappy that they couldn't get their usual seats. Others got to sit low for a change and they were happy.

I would like to sit in my usual seats and have my usual parking place; so I am getting mentally prepared to camp out on the TAC steps Tuesday night to be first in the doors when they open Wednesday afternoon. I may need to hire two students to do the running for me to claim my seats. I hope it's not going to be too cold camping out. I'd rather do that than make the long drive to Tallahassee again this year. Sorry folks, I may get a little smellier than normal if I camp out.

However, maybe our ticket office can find a way to continue to accommodate the long time season ticket holders with their usual seats so I can sleep comfortably at home Tuesday night knowing that the friends in my section will also be in their usual places.

Yesterday at church many casual fans and a couple of non-fans said they were planning on attending should the game be in Ruston. Everything from the parking lots to the bathrooms to the concession stands needs to be prepared for an extremely large crowd. It might be a good time to have a table set up to get deposits from potential new season tickets holders; or at least to give them information about packages that are available. It never hurts to plan ahead.

Big Dog 4 Life HoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond reputeHoDo-Tech70 has a reputation beyond repute HoDo-Tech70's Avatar

The good news is that I don't have to campout. The bad news is that you just lost a parttime job running to get my seat.

65's Top 10 Worthless Poster Blue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Dawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    The good news is that I don't have to campout. The bad news is that you just lost a parttime job running to get my seat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Luskis
    If Georgetown does defeat Florida State tonight, the LA Tech Ticket Office
    will be open immediately following the game & FREE tickets will be available
    to the first 1,000 students. We hope to see you at the TAC tonight!
    I cheered too hard at the Iona game and popped out my kneecap, right behind the ESPN bench. No running for me for a while!

Varsity Bulldog LeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the roughLeggoDawgs is a jewel in the rough

I cheered too hard at the Iona game and popped out my kneecap, right behind the ESPN bench. No running for me for a while!
    Were you the one they brought the stretcher out for?

Champ Dowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond reputeDowty has a reputation beyond repute Dowty's Avatar

I was supposed to have a late meeting Wednesday that would have kept me from making the drive from Mansfield to be there in time for the game, but I just found out it's been rescheduled for an earlier time! Hope GT can get the win so I can be there Wednesday!

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

Quote Originally Posted by HoDo-Tech70 View Post
    Don't be too surprised if all tickets Wednesday night will be general admission with no reserved seating. .
    They do and they will have hell to pay from season ticket holders -

I will literally reduce my LTAC contributions to $300

They can handle it - give season ticket holders till NOON Tuesday to get their seats, they are OWED that

I have already called and reserved my seats and given them the go ahead to charge my card
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread