+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No Fun League (NFL)

Champ techman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond reputetechman05 has a reputation beyond repute

Re: No Fun League (NFL)

Obviously the Saints were scoring so often that it has become a concern. Can they take points away? I say take the penalty.

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

About time the No Fun League caught up with the NHL and CFL on having a Command Center for replay reviews. Both of those leagues have used a Command Center since replay was implemented.

Progressive King of 2011 Dawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond reputeDawgpix has a reputation beyond repute Dawgpix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
    About time the No Fun League caught up with the NHL and CFL on having a Command Center for replay reviews. Both of those leagues have used a Command Center since replay was implemented.
    NFL command center will be able to tell the white hat what the TV talking heads are saying about the plays in question. ;-)
    Louisiana Tech University
    Flagship of the University of Louisiana System

2011 Bowl Confidence Champion TechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond reputeTechAlum05 has a reputation beyond repute

Can players who score TDs do layups through the goalposts, or would that be in violation of the "No Fun League" rules as well?

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

I already don't watch MLB and the NBA. Have never watched NHL. The NFL is (was???) the only professional sport....save that, I do watch MLS too.....I have left. If the Saints hit the skids, i.e. start playing like the Cowgirls, I will lose total interest. The wussification of football in general, in the NFL in particular, is already taking some of the joy out of it. Go ahead, just finish the job. Make it so ballet is more challenging!

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

I don't understand this at all. How can the NFL be so out of touch sometimes? I feel like they have a good pulse sometimes and then they have totally missed the boat on a few things. Limiting TD celebrations is definitely one of them. Some of the old schoolers might not like the celebrations, but I bet the 18-40 crowd loves it and the old schoolers aren't going anywhere anyway. Decisions like these and the concussion debacle/issue make me wonder about NFL's long-term success.

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

I was very dubious on the concussion stuff. Being a Steelers fan the new enforcement really
    ticked me off because James Harrison was the poster boy for the new punishment when they
    started cracking down a few years ago.

However, after watching league of denial I had a change of opinion. I do not like the way the rule
    is enforced, the lack of judgment allowed, but I understand the reasons now.

I just don't understand why they can't get more technology involved in the helmets or make everyone
    wear the Darth Vader thing that Welker was wearing. Then they could open it back up to the
    historic game.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skilldawg View Post
    I was very dubious on the concussion stuff. Being a Steelers fan the new enforcement really
    ticked me off because James Harrison was the poster boy for the new punishment when they
    started cracking down a few years ago.

However, after watching league of denial I had a change of opinion. I do not like the way the rule
    is enforced, the lack of judgment allowed, but I understand the reasons now.

I just don't understand why they can't get more technology involved in the helmets or make everyone
    wear the Darth Vader thing that Welker was wearing. Then they could open it back up to the
    historic game.
    I honestly think helmet technology will only get you so far. One thing they cannot do is keep the brain from smacking against your hard skull, so unless they can insert some padding in your skull around the brain, concussions will always happen in football. One thing I don't understand though, if the Welker helmet is safer, why doesn't the NFL require them?

Champ skilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond reputeskilldawg has a reputation beyond repute skilldawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I honestly think helmet technology will only get you so far. One thing they cannot do is keep the brain from smacking against your hard skull, so unless they can insert some padding in your skull around the brain, concussions will always happen in football. One thing I don't understand though, if the Welker helmet is safer, why doesn't the NFL require them?
    Yeah, I guess that was my point.

Probably because he looked like Rick Moranis as Darth Vader.

Champ TYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond reputeTYLERTECHSAS has a reputation beyond repute

NFL's Roger Goodell must be a "more government/control is good" O democrat.

Champ StrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond reputeStrayDawg has a reputation beyond repute StrayDawg's Avatar

Actually, no-Goodell's dad was a Republican senator from New York. But, "New York Republican" is a bit of an oxy moron, so you might be on to something, TylerTechsas.

The head of the Competition Committee, Rich McKay, is also the President of the Atlanta Falcons. Since he saw his poor little goal post get crooked last season (while his team was taking it on the chin) he decided to propose a new rule.

I sent Jimmy Graham a tweet yesterday and suggested a new celebration. When he scores, he should put the ball on the ground or hand it to the ref. Then, have a teammate throw him an imaginary alley-oop that he could dunk over the goal post. No ball in his hand, no penalty.

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dhussdawg View Post
    I don't understand this at all. How can the NFL be so out of touch sometimes? I feel like they have a good pulse sometimes and then they have totally missed the boat on a few things. Limiting TD celebrations is definitely one of them. Some of the old schoolers might not like the celebrations, but I bet the 18-40 crowd loves it and the old schoolers aren't going anywhere anyway. Decisions like these and the concussion debacle/issue make me wonder about NFL's long-term success.
    . Old schoolers are stupid. They see it as team sport and think 10 other players make it happen, been on steady diet of Rugby, Australian Football, cricket--soccer here in Australia. It will never survive-- no celebration allowed. REALLY, NFL will die without individual celebration?????

Champ Dogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond reputeDogsince65 has a reputation beyond repute Dogsince65's Avatar

I am in Australia this week. Saw a game Saturday night, 3 players slammed a guy head first into ground and broke his neck. Guy in comma-- 22 yr old up coming star. Saw another guy head butt a guy being held by another guy. Saw another guy blatantly grab private parts and not let go-- Australian football rules do not allow triple team, rugby does. No score til you put ball down .I was not happy when I heard the "graham" rule but after watching this stuff over here, I kinda like the way NFL has done more right than wrong over yrs---soccer is kinda interesting but boy do these guys act like wusses when they get touched- fall down and simulate agony----

Last post on this , my personal favorite celebration was Slaughter jumping up and signaling first down-- never got tired of that

+ Reply to Thread