+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No Fun League (NFL)

Champ Champ967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond reputeChamp967 has a reputation beyond repute Champ967's Avatar

Re: No Fun League (NFL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    Last post on this , my personal favorite celebration was Slaughter jumping up and signaling first down-- never got tired of that
    Now he celebrates tigah first downs.

Champ dhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond reputedhussdawg has a reputation beyond repute dhussdawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dogsince65 View Post
    . Old schoolers are stupid. They see it as team sport and think 10 other players make it happen, been on steady diet of Rugby, Australian Football, cricket--soccer here in Australia. It will never survive-- no celebration allowed. REALLY, NFL will die without individual celebration?????
    Different culture, so I don't know about any of those sports, nor does hardly anybody else in the US. People in the US love the celebrations, it adds to the intensity of the moment and our "swag" culture. Believe me, I am an "act like you been there" kind of guy, but most people don't want to see a Barry Sanders' hand the football to the ref routine. As for long-term viability, the concussion debacle/issue will be more part of the NFL's drop in popularity. I think less kids will play it and better athletes will play other sports.

Puppy bthatch is an unknown bthatch's Avatar

Some celebrations can be hysterical to watch, especially when they are clever. Most aren't though, so I am personally ok with the NFL limiting celebrations....I hate seeing cocky players (cough cough Kaepernick) celebrating themselves in the endzone and acting like they are God's child. It took more than just the individual to get those points and they should learn some respect.

+ Reply to Thread