+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ESPN's 30 for 30

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

ESPN's 30 for 30

I watched for the first time, complete all the way thru, the episode on Steve Bartman. Wow! I don't think the Cubs should be allowed, by the forces of fate, a World Series until this entire generation of Cubs' fans has passed away. No Cubs' fan alive during that disgusting display, no not just that night (Game 6 of NLCS) but even today, should be allowed to see the Cubs reach nirvana.

A curse on the Cubs! Yes, even worse than that stupid goat thingy.

And the best 30 for 30 is the one on the 1983 N C State Wolfpack.

Jimmy V was a great coach. Putting his team into a triangle and 2 vs. Sampson and UVA when they hadn't really practiced it? Are you kidding me? Brilliant. To hell with the game plan fellows, he told them during a timeout, we need to change our tactics now.

Super Moderator Tech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond reputeTech77 has a reputation beyond repute Tech77's Avatar

Re: ESPN's 30 for 30

I have watched the Bartman episode several times. Look at all the people around him that would have gotten their hand on the ball if they could reached it. They were dang sure trying. It was awful what that city did to that kid.
    Good old Memorial Gym

Champ dawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond reputedawg80 has a reputation beyond repute dawg80's Avatar

Re: ESPN's 30 for 30

And still....

Bartman has changed his appearance and with the help of friends and co-workers is able to move around and mostly live a normal life. But, to this day, there is an unfulfilled demand that Bartman issue a formal apology to the City of Chicago. Actually, he did already on several occasions. But guess that's not good enough. He needs to be drawn and quartered in the town square and his guts ripped out and deposited in Florida! Maybe then the irrational Cubs' fans will forgive him....

Now, after a base hit, as I recall, a routine grounder was hit to the Cubs' SS Gonzales, a tailor-made double play ball that would have gotten the Cubs out of their inning in the lead. Gonzales booted it and the Marlins went on to score 8 runs. Ya know, seems to me, if the Cubs' fans need someone to blame.....

Chicago owes Bartman an apology and whole lot more.

+ Reply to Thread