+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. Summitt Introduced as Louisiana Tech Head Coach

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: W. Basketball. Summitt Introduced as Louisiana Tech Head Coach

I was really interested in HogDawg input, since he was so negative on this hire.

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beaver-Dog View Post
    I was really interested in HogDawg input, since he was so negative on this hire.
    I still think hiring a 23-yr old is over the top stupid. I've met Tyler Summit and I like him. In fact, I like him a lot. He's a great young man with an obvious big future. But hiring him was a stretch for our university, and the administration KNEW IT, hence the reason Micki Demoss came with the package.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

I still see the team developing and going in the right direction. The big difference is that he has a plan and has stuck to it. He is re-building what was lost and has support of DeMoss and Barmore in doing it. I don't know if there is anyone in the country that could have brought the press AND the substance to this program. I was for the hire and even more impressed now than when he was hired.

Champ theprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond reputetheprofessor has a reputation beyond repute theprofessor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    I still think hiring a 23-yr old is over the top stupid. I've met Tyler Summit and I like him. In fact, I like him a lot. He's a great young man with an obvious big future. But hiring him was a stretch for our university, and the administration KNEW IT, hence the reason Micki Demoss came with the package.
    I equate this to the drafting of a talented young player who might not be ready but that you think is going to be a stud one day. Tyler wasn't LeBron James. Pretty much everyone at the time expected him to become one of the greatest players in the history of the game. He was a can't-miss prospect. But maybe Tyler could be compared to Kevin Durant or Anthony Davis. Both players came to the NBA after one super successful season in college. They both had extraordinary skills (Durant was a premier scorer, while Davis' length made him a force on the defensive end), and also had showed flashes in other areas where you thought they could become great players. But there were questions marks. They were both 19 years old with thin frames and major question marks of if they could take the pounding of an 82-game schedule year in and year out. They both had some growing pains as rookies, but now they're probably two of the three best players in the NBA. I think Tommy McClelland (another person you've been extremely critical of just because you think he's too young) had the long view in mind with this hire. He knew it would make a splash initially (the son of the all-time winningest coach in women's basketball history being hired to take over one of his mom's chief rivals), but he also knew it could pay major dividends down the road. Tyler has had some growing pains (losses to NSU and ULL!), but he came in with a plan and it's paying off. This team may not go dancing this year, but it will be competitive in the conference and is a whole lot better than it's been the past 2-3 years.
    the bold, the beautiful, theprofessor

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

I admit I was scratching my head when I first heard the news about the hire. When I heard Micki's name, I had an Ah-Ha moment.

Champ champion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond reputechampion110 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by theprofessor View Post
    I equate this to the drafting of a talented young player who might not be ready but that you think is going to be a stud one day. Tyler wasn't LeBron James. Pretty much everyone at the time expected him to become one of the greatest players in the history of the game. He was a can't-miss prospect. But maybe Tyler could be compared to Kevin Durant or Anthony Davis. Both players came to the NBA after one super successful season in college. They both had extraordinary skills (Durant was a premier scorer, while Davis' length made him a force on the defensive end), and also had showed flashes in other areas where you thought they could become great players. But there were questions marks. They were both 19 years old with thin frames and major question marks of if they could take the pounding of an 82-game schedule year in and year out. They both had some growing pains as rookies, but now they're probably two of the three best players in the NBA. I think Tommy McClelland (another person you've been extremely critical of just because you think he's too young) had the long view in mind with this hire. He knew it would make a splash initially (the son of the all-time winningest coach in women's basketball history being hired to take over one of his mom's chief rivals), but he also knew it could pay major dividends down the road. Tyler has had some growing pains (losses to NSU and ULL!), but he came in with a plan and it's paying off. This team may not go dancing this year, but it will be competitive in the conference and is a whole lot better than it's been the past 2-3 years.
    Or you can just compare him to his Mom, who was younger than him. Yeah, different time, but Tyler is the most organized mature 24 year old I have ever met. He was born to coach.

Plus, who knows? I, also, believe that he wants to build something VERY special and possibly put down roots like his Mom, Leon, Tara, and even Geno. I believe he thinks like that.

Micki was a definite great addition to his team. That was a WOW in and of itself. Plus, don't you LOVE that he stated Micki AND BARMORE were working with Moten one on one? Bringing Barmore back into the fold is very exciting. I don't think anyone else could have done it.

Then, there is the media. We got a TON of coverage from this hire. All of WBB paid attention nationally. If that doesn't help with recruiting, nothing will. It was a win/win situation. He is not your average young man. He knows his stuff and unlike anyone that I have ever heard of, he has been preparing for this moment since he was born.

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

He is exceeding expectations his first year -

Let's see how things play out when he gets his players

I think it was the right call, but we haven't played half a conference season yet for either group to proclaim victory

My biggest compliment is that I'm not embarrassed by that program by the way they carried themselves off the court like the previous regime did
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

Hunter Lee's Hero HogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond reputeHogDawg has a reputation beyond repute HogDawg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post

Then, there is the media. We got a TON of coverage from this hire. All of WBB paid attention nationally. If that doesn't help with recruiting, nothing will. It was a win/win situation. He is not your average young man. He knows his stuff and unlike anyone that I have ever heard of, he has been preparing for this moment since he was born.
    Agreed, he's not your average 24-yr old, and getting Micki DeMoss with the package was a real DIFFERENCE MAKER for many. The real test for Tyler now is to see if he can parlay this increased media coverage into IMPROVED recruiting. That's what it's all about.

I'm anxious to see who we get in 2016. I watch the espn top 100. Still a little bit early.

Agreed, he's not your average 24-yr old, and getting Micki DeMoss with the package was a real DIFFERENCE MAKER for many. The real test for Tyler now is to see if he can parlay this increased media coverage into IMPROVED recruiting. That's what it's all about.
    Hog, I think it is already working. Next year's class is head and shoulders above the last 4 years of recruiting. He definitely needs more talent to take us to the next level. Might not be as fast as we wish, but I think it will happen.

When Scott Rueck took over the OSU Beavers, he had 1 returning scholarship player and 4 freshmen on scholarship. He had to have open tryouts to get enough players to field a team. They are now ranked #7 in the nation. CTS has a lot more to work with than Rueck did. I have high expectations. That was 4 years ago.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Mickie killed it on the radio tonight, in spite of the double team from Malcom and Tyler.

Quote Originally Posted by RhythmDawg View Post
    Mickie killed it on the radio tonight, in spite of the double team from Malcom and Tyler.
    Any way to get a replay on the interview. Micki was a point guard when I first started going to Techster games.

Champ RhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond reputeRhythmDawg has a reputation beyond repute RhythmDawg's Avatar

Any way to get a replay on the interview. Micki was a point guard when I first started going to Techster games.
    I'm not sure. Was there in person. She reminisced about being on that first team. Malcom pointed out her single game records of most shot attempts...and Tyler added with a big grin - "but not makes."

Champ maverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond reputemaverick has a reputation beyond repute

Mickie was important in selling the hire to the fans, not in selling Tyler to the administration.

I admit I was scratching my head when I first heard the news about the hire. When I heard Micki's name, I had an Ah-Ha moment.
    See comment above.

...for many fans. She was "gravy" to the administration. ​Really good gravy.

+ Reply to Thread