+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: W. Basketball. Summitt Introduced as Louisiana Tech Head Coach

Champ Beaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud ofBeaver-Dog has much to be proud of Beaver-Dog's Avatar

Re: Tyler Summitt, next Lady Techsters head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by StrongBad View Post
    You have noticed her winning records, right? I mean losing records.
    I don't know where you are coming from. She had a losing record at Florida when she started the program from scratch. She was a winner at Kentucky, including a Coach of the Year. She has been an assistant at Tennesse and Texas, two pretty good programs. Are you a LSWho fan or NLULM?

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaSelect View Post
    he better bring in P.J. Brown daughter.....
    That would be a major miracle! I'm sure she already has a very good idea of where she will be playing.

Champ Cal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond reputeCal&Ken has a reputation beyond repute Cal&Ken's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    How so? Tennessee was ALREADY a championship program by the time this young lad was BORN. He doesn't know anything about building a program. He's never been in a situation where he had to build a program.
    I guess we will see. I think he is going to be a winner. You can be there to tell me you told me so if I am wrong, but I don't think that is going to happen.

Champ latech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond reputelatech has a reputation beyond repute

Re: W. Basketball. @LATechSports to Introduce Tyler Summitt Wednesday

HD is never wrong - he just doesn't want to be right sometimes

Puppy SEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the rough

Let me precede my main statement with this: I mean absolutely nothing to Louisiana Tech. My opinion isn't worth a thimble full of tobacco spit to the powers at Tech. I understand that. Also I do not claim to be one in a million genius basketball mind. I am however very knowledgeable in basketball and possess a great level of general common sense.

This is quite frankly a ridiculous hire.
    1. Another coach with no head coaching experience. How has that worked out on the last two (Long/ Spoon).

2. Someone with no more LIFE EXPERIENCE than those he will be coaching. For Christ sakes.... he graduated college in 2012. Anyone who really thinks he will be able to deal with the internal issues and drama.... yeah, seek help for whatever drug addiction you have b/c you are seriously on something.

3. Are the Tech people fine with the fact that apparently CHARLESTON has higher standards for what they want for a head coach than Tech now.... CHARLESTON??????? And MN for that fact.

4. Many people talked about how Coach Spoon needed great assistants. Now I'm seeing the same posted about him. Anytime you are relying on assistants to be better than the HEAD coach you have a serious problem.

5. I feel once we see salary the fact will come out that they got a cheap coach that had applied at any school he could to get a head job so he was willing to take it cheap. MN, Charleston, Tech.... three completely different situations in three different parts of the country.

6. If he was such a great "coach" / "assistant coach" why was he not on the staff at Tennessee. Certainly that would've been great. Maybe there just wasn't room at the time.

7. You had one poster after another after another saying that anybody could come in a be at least moderately sucessfull with what would be at Tech next year so even if he is what will that prove? Thats if they all are here and I believe you'll see a couple depart within the coming weeks.

I am not rooting against him. I just wanted what was best for my two girls (and the others of course) to be highly successful and I don't feel this is it. You had PROVEN program builders in the hunt , but go for another unproven "NAME." This was somebody looking to make a "WOW" hire but got a "wow" turned upside down hire instead. Let it sink in for a sec. They must be trying to out do the weird UofArk Jimmy Dykes (ESPN analyst/ hadn't coached in 23 years) hire. Everyone here knows that if his last name wasn't Summit he wouldn't have even been considered! This is a "cute" looking hire that they got on the CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK! Seriously!

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by champion110 View Post
    That is really an AMAZING stat!
    Seriously ?!?!

"shitmydadsays" has 2.97 million followers. Is that amazing, too? Should Tech hire that dude?

Champ DJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond reputeDJDAWG has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by SEHarshaw View Post
    Everyone here knows that if his last name wasn't Summit he wouldn't have even been considered!
    I'm dying to see Champion110 and the other Pollyannas dispute that.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

Let me precede my main statement with this: I mean absolutely nothing to Louisiana Tech. My opinion isn't worth a thimble full of tobacco spit to the powers at Tech. I understand that. Also I do not claim to be one in a million genius basketball mind. I am however very knowledgeable in basketball and possess a great level of general common sense.

This is quite frankly a ridiculous hire.
    1. Another coach with no head coaching experience. How has that worked out on the last two (Long/ Spoon).

2. Someone with no more LIFE EXPERIENCE than those he will be coaching. For Christ sakes.... he graduated college in 2012. Anyone who really thinks he will be able to deal with the internal issues and drama.... yeah, seek help for whatever drug addiction you have b/c you are seriously on something.

3. Are the Tech people fine with the fact that apparently CHARLESTON has higher standards for what they want for a head coach than Tech now.... CHARLESTON??????? And MN for that fact.

4. Many people talked about how Coach Spoon needed great assistants. Now I'm seeing the same posted about him. Anytime you are relying on assistants to be better than the HEAD coach you have a serious problem.

5. I feel once we see salary the fact will come out that they got a cheap coach that had applied at any school he could to get a head job so he was willing to take it cheap. MN, Charleston, Tech.... three completely different situations in three different parts of the country.

6. If he was such a great "coach" / "assistant coach" why was he not on the staff at Tennessee. Certainly that would've been great. Maybe there just wasn't room at the time.

7. You had one poster after another after another saying that anybody could come in a be at least moderately sucessfull with what would be at Tech next year so even if he is what will that prove? Thats if they all are here and I believe you'll see a couple depart within the coming weeks.

I am not rooting against him. I just wanted what was best for my two girls (and the others of course) to be highly successful and I don't feel this is it. You had PROVEN program builders in the hunt , but go for another unproven "NAME." This was somebody looking to make a "WOW" hire but got a "wow" turned upside down hire instead. Let it sink in for a sec. They must be trying to out do the weird UofArk Jimmy Dykes (ESPN analyst/ hadn't coached in 23 years) hire. Everyone here knows that if his last name wasn't Summit he wouldn't have even been considered! This is a "cute" looking hire that they got on the CHEAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK! Seriously!
    If you would have listened to or read any of the material I posted, you would know exactly why he chose not to be an assistant at Tennessee or anywhere else with coaches from his mom's tree for that matter.

Give the man a chance. He hasn't been introduced or even spoken to the players or the fans yet. You and the girls may love him. Maybe not, but everybody else seems to love him. Wait and see who all is on his staff.

And if any of our current players don't want to be Lady Techsters anymore, then see ya. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Puppy SEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the roughSEHarshaw is a jewel in the rough

Ok. Upon doing some research... Says that Tyler Summitt was responsible for the teams offense and player development at every position.

They were ranked 56th in total offense overall in NCAA.
    In a weak Big East (10 teams) that only had two teams make the NCAAs they were 4th in total offense, 1st in FT percentage, 6th in FG percentage, and 8th in three point percentage, 7th in assist to turnover ratio, and three players in top thirty in scoring (two of which were SRs and the other a JR which makes you wonder just how much he had to do with their development)!

This sound like a kid prodigy to you????? Like a program builder/ fixer? I know he was under the HEAD COACH and had to do it within their wishes but it clearly states "he was in charge of team offense and player development..."

Champ RealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond reputeRealityCheck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote Originally Posted by HogDawg View Post
    As someone stated earlier, that was a different era. Pat Summitt took control of the Tennessee program 9 years before the sport was even sanctioned by the NCAA. For all intents and purposes, women's basketball was still a CLUB SPORT when Summitt took over in 1974. In fact, at that time, the game of women's basketball still employed 6 players (on each team) on the court.......and some offensive and defensive players were never allowed to cross mid court.

Hopefully this gives you some idea about why comparing Pat Sumitt's head coaching start to her son's is a quite a stretch.
    Finally we got the April Fools' joke in bold. Women's college basketball has been 5-on-5 since 1971.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawg06 View Post
    If you would have listened to or read any of the material I posted, you would know exactly why he chose not to be an assistant at Tennessee or anywhere else with coaches from his mom's tree for that matter.

Give the man a chance. He hasn't been introduced or even spoken to the players or the fans yet. You and the girls may love him. Maybe not, but everybody else seems to love him. Wait and see who all is on his staff.

And if any of our current players don't want to be Lady Techsters anymore, then see ya. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I don't speak for my girls so leave them out of it on the whole see ya crap. Not once did I make any reference to them feeling any particular way. Whitney actually told me she liked it. Secondly I stated a couple of times that I'm not rooting against him but facts are facts and fact is there were more qualified candidates with proven abilities. I sincerely hope he does a great job. We need good women's college basketball in our backyard.

Champ Dawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond reputeDawg06 has a reputation beyond repute Dawg06's Avatar

I don't speak for my girls so leave them out of it on the whole see ya crap. Not once did I make any reference to them feeling any particular way. Whitney actually told me she liked it. Secondly I stated a couple of times that I'm not rooting against him but facts are facts and fact is there were more qualified candidates with proven abilities. I sincerely hope he does a great job. We need good women's college basketball in our backyard.
    I never referenced your girls. Just the couple you think will be departing in a couple weeks. If they don't want to be part of the program anymore, we will be just fine without them.

Champ faninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond reputefaninmonroe has a reputation beyond repute faninmonroe's Avatar

We are stupid......and our athletic hiring process is stupid.

Champ bulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your timebulldogbacker2 Ultimate jerk and not worth your time

It is interesting debate. My concern really has nothing to do with basketball..it is a kid handling kids..maybe he do ok

Administrator Dwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond reputeDwayne From Minden has a reputation beyond repute Dwayne From Minden's Avatar
    The Southwest Side of Beautiful Lake Claiborne

WE need to find the college baseball daddy tree...
    ''Don't be a bad dagh..."

+ Reply to Thread